Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Circuit City Liquidation Deals (post your finds here)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Circuit City Liquidation Deals (post your finds here)

Old 02-12-09, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Circuit City Liquidation Deals (post your finds here)

Originally Posted by takingchase
I'm considering getting a harmony remote from CC, what model would you guys reccomend? and what would be a decent price?
I have the 880. Easy to set up. Some of the buttons are bit small though.
Old 02-12-09, 07:58 AM

commercial was on this morning dvds/cds/blurays/hddvds now 40% off (from 30%)
Old 02-12-09, 08:18 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Cedrock
commercial was on this morning dvds/cds/blurays/hddvds now 40% off (from 30%)
One I went to the other night was still at 20%.

Seems to be a lot of YMMV in this liquidation.
Old 02-12-09, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
One I went to the other night was still at 20%.

Seems to be a lot of YMMV in this liquidation.
I think the stores have different projected closing dates as well as store discretion on how well things are selling at current discounts
Old 02-12-09, 12:47 PM
Cool New Member

YMMV, but the majority of stores are on the Thursday discount cadence with further discounts being applied every Thursday. DVD/BRD/CD/Games are all 40% in most stores. I've seen some variance in other categories where some with have PC peripherals at 40% and others at 50%.

As far as the deals, there are some limited edition games if you are into that. Most of the stuff is at OK deal status which means this is your last weekend to find a decent selection as those impulse buyers go crazy.

The next set of discounts will be good deals, but based on the stores around me, the selection will be very limited (one store is down to a 4 ft section of games for each platform, one ailse of CDs, 2.5 of DVDs and 1 side of BRD.

Good luck, happy hunting and should be fun to see what deals will be there come March (where YMMV will be the rule).
Old 02-12-09, 12:50 PM

I'm considering getting a harmony remote from CC, what model would you guys reccomend? and what would be a decent price?
Just as a general caution, if the remote doesn't work out of the box, you'll be stuck with a warranty repair. There are no returns or exchanges allowed under the terms of the liquidation sale.
Old 02-12-09, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My local one was down to 40% so I finally bit on the two remaining seasons of DBZ I was interested in....20.99 is not perfect, but the price doesn't drop on these an awful lot.
Old 02-12-09, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I heartily reccommend a harmony remote to everyone. The only caution I would give would be to get one in your hands, Logitech had some funky button arrangements at one point. They seemed to like to put the forward/rewind/play/stop etc buttons at the very bottom of the remote. This made pressing these buttons with one hand a bit awkward.
Old 02-12-09, 05:33 PM

40% isn't that great when compared to Amazon. I was looking at the Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 4G. CC priced it at $35.99 after the 40% off. Amazon has it for $23. So just be very careful of what you buy.
Old 02-14-09, 12:46 AM

I went Thursday night and picked up The Shining. The Rock and Starship troopers 1 for $14.99 each, also got another blu-ray rom for my pc "Sony BDU-X10S" for $89.99 . ps3 owners , official dual shock controller is $32.xx, and the official sony bluray remote is $14.99. It looked like my store stocked up that day as ps3 stuff filled the shelves.
Old 02-14-09, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 477 Likes on 350 Posts

I picked up Queen + Paul Rodgers The Cosmos Rocks CD for $7.79 tonight.
Old 02-14-09, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my stores has some DVD's at 30%, and some at 40%. They actually segregated them. Very strange...
Old 02-14-09, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just got back from one of the Rochester stores. What a waste of time. The parking lot was packed and took forever to get out. It was like Christmas. All I was interested in was Blu-ray's; they were picked over pretty good. Nothing of interest at 40% off. Printer ink; gone gone gone. XBox360 games. Nothing that looked very good.
Old 02-14-09, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
My local one was down to 40% so I finally bit on the two remaining seasons of DBZ I was interested in....20.99 is not perfect, but the price doesn't drop on these an awful lot.
which two are you talking about?
Old 02-14-09, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just picked up a couple CD's and a couple DVD's...

CD:
Avantasia - The Scarecrow $7.79
Symphony X - Paradise Lost $8.39

DVD:
Justice League: New Frontier $7.79
Battlestar Galactica Season 4.0 $23.99 (!!!)

Good deals.

The Blu Ray prices are still nothing to get excited about, though...
Old 02-14-09, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My local CC in Rancho Santa Margarita still had a decent selection of BD's that were 40% off. Once they hit 50% that's when I'll likely start buying whatever I want.
Old 02-14-09, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tenkyoken
which two are you talking about?
Five and six.
I have not season 8 there, if that's what you're wondering/hoping. I'd've gotten it as well if I had seen it.
Old 02-15-09, 03:27 AM

It's funny, I was in the store on Wednesday, at the 30% off - and they were stocked pretty damn well, lots of Blu-Ray's, TONS of video games still... every holiday release for Wii / 360 / PS3 / PSP were still there, though a lot of the cheaper PSP stuff, and all the DS / PS2 stuff had already been picked through. Tons of DVD's too.

Fast forward to Friday, it's gone to 40% off, and the store looks like a hurricane hit it! It must be the commercials that just started airing in this area, because within 2 days, about 60% of the 360 games are gone - on Wed, they had about 8 Left 4 Dead's, and the same amount with big names like Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, etc...

I was lucky to even still find a Fallout 3 on Fri, nabbed that for $36 (which, admittedly, $36 for any holiday new release is an awesome deal).. I don't see it getting much cheaper in the future. Also nabbed the last copy of Star Ocean 1 for PSP for $24.

These prices aren't amazing, but it's the cheapest I've seen them yet (and I don't buy used games from Gamestop, so, for new, by far the cheapest).

I'm debating going back and getting one of the remaining copies of Motorstorm: Pacific Rift for PS3 tommorrow... I think they will be hardly anything left by the time 50% off rolls around, at the rate stuff is flying off the shelves at 40%. Same with De Blob for Wii, they had about 6 copies left last I checked, and $30 for it isn't a bad pickup.

I saw a lady with a cart FULL of Blu-Ray's... even though amazon has, and will always have them a lot cheaper. The only real steal here, imo, is video games.
Old 02-15-09, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Picked up "Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End" two disc set. That's about it. It's been on my list for well over a year.
Old 02-15-09, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B5Erik
CD:
Avantasia - The Scarecrow $7.79
Symphony X - Paradise Lost $8.39

Copy cat!

Actually I put Paradise Lost back on the shelf after much debate. I have the original crappy "flame fingers" digi-pak of it and was only going to buy it again for the jewel case, but I want to eventually get the re-release with the 5.1 mix.

I've been wanting the pick up the Avantasia since its release, so that was a nice find.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 02-15-09 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-15-09, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Copy cat!

Actually I put Paradise Lost back on the shelf after much debate. I have the original crappy "flame fingers" digi-pak of it and was only going to buy it again for the jewel case, but I want to eventually get the re-release with the 5.1 mix.

I've been wanting the pick up the Avantasia since its release, so that was a nice find.
They're both great albums. I'm really glad I picked them up.
Old 02-15-09, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Roufuss
I was lucky to even still find a Fallout 3 on Fri, nabbed that for $36 (which, admittedly, $36 for any holiday new release is an awesome deal).. I don't see it getting much cheaper in the future. Also nabbed the last copy of Star Ocean 1 for PSP for $24.
Hey Roufuss, so are all the PS3 games set at $59.99 and that is where they take the 40% off from or are there any cheaper prices? Because I know a lot of games' MSRP has dropped (i.e. Battlefield: Bad Company and Mercenaries 2 dropped to $29.99), so I'm wondering if the discount would be taken from those prices.

Last edited by dino88; 02-15-09 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-15-09, 10:59 AM

with thier regular everyday pricing structure, even at 30% off alot of items are still priced high. i picked up season 3 of drawn together for $13 after markdown, i am sure if i hunted online, i could find it at a similar price, but figured what the hell.
Old 02-15-09, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked up the Hancock 3-disc (CC Exclusive) set yesterday for $17.99 + tax.
Old 02-15-09, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 123 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Roufuss
It's funny, I was in the store on Wednesday, at the 30% off - and they were stocked pretty damn well, lots of Blu-Ray's, TONS of video games still... every holiday release for Wii / 360 / PS3 / PSP were still there, though a lot of the cheaper PSP stuff, and all the DS / PS2 stuff had already been picked through. Tons of DVD's too.

Fast forward to Friday, it's gone to 40% off, and the store looks like a hurricane hit it! It must be the commercials that just started airing in this area, because within 2 days, about 60% of the 360 games are gone - on Wed, they had about 8 Left 4 Dead's, and the same amount with big names like Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, etc...
At some point they may start pulling hotter product to interest other liquidators & wholesalers.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.