DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Circuit City Liquidation Deals (post your finds here) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/548073-circuit-city-liquidation-deals-post-your-finds-here.html)

B5Erik 03-08-09 11:11 AM

Re: Circuit City Liquidation Deals (post your finds here)

Originally Posted by chard31 (Post 9312972)
Had about $38 left on a gift card so I went Thursday and bought 2 sets of "Rescue Me" S1 and S4 at $8 per box set...

Not sure what to do with these since I hate the show...

Keep them sealed and ebay them...

Meatwad's Ghost 03-08-09 01:17 PM

I got John from Cincinnati for $3.50, it was back in the PC Games, it'll go with my HBO collection. Also picked up Shutter Unrated for $2.20 not sure if I'll like it but it's cheap horror. I think this is the first things I bought at a Circuit City store in about 2-3 years.

Not really sad to see the store leave, but will miss the mispricing from the websites.

videoguy 03-08-09 03:40 PM

I'm a videographer and I actually found two camcorder batteries for a total of 10.00. Then I found one of their HD component and standard plus digital audio distribution amps that fed the same signal to all their TVs for 10 bucks. I don't really have a use for it, but could come in handy someday for some kind of display situation where they might have at least two screens.

Feeding those TVs, were all the 15 ft long combined component and left/right audio cables all in a shopping cart. A guy came over and said they were a dollar each or the whole shopping cart for 20 bucks. I was thinking about buying all of them to resell, but thought I probably shouldn't mainly because blu-ray and upconvert dvd players outputs HD in hdmi cables. Cable and satellite boxes usually use them for HD, but then they are usually installed by people who include and give them to you.

No DVDs were left at all, which was kind of a bummer, because I was reading here that there were stores with a ton of I am Legends, which I actually don't have yet.

daddydaryl 03-08-09 08:29 PM

I bought 2 red Circuit City employee polo shirts for $1 each...... nothing else was left....

Cardsfan111 03-08-09 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by daddydaryl (Post 9313787)
I bought 2 red Circuit City employee polo shirts for $1 each...... nothing else was left....

Seriously? Were they just selling the shirts off their backs? :D

Mickactual 03-08-09 09:53 PM

...So now it's over.
I went in to the closest CC to me this afternoon for shits & giggles. There was nothing left. Even all the "Hancock" DVD's, "This Christmas" BluRay's and Mary J. Blige CD's were gone. Guess they must've been giving them away... And I mean that literally because all that was left were some cables & various electronic parts. People were grabbing them by the armfuls, along with the hand shopping carts, the 90% off signs, and anything else they could grab. It was sad.

The last things I grabbed were Thursday at 80% off:
RICK SPRINGFIELD - Venus In Overdrive CD
CARLY SIMON - This Kind Of Love CD
DAVID GILMOUR - Live In Gdansk CD
Also got a spindle of 50 TDK blank dual layer DVD-9's for $12

I tried to get one store to sell me some empty BluRay cased that the discs had been stolen out of (just to have some spare cases), but the bastids waned the full sticker price less discount for them. Uh, nooooo.
Could kick myself for not grabbing the BluRay of "Lost" S3, but in my area they were all gone by the time it hit 60% off. Oh well - as I said - it's over.

daddydaryl 03-09-09 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 (Post 9313883)
Seriously? Were they just selling the shirts off their backs? :D

Lol, no. They had a box of them still plastic wrapped....

jimmaxmed 03-09-09 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by daddydaryl (Post 9313787)

One close to me had a bunch of promo t-shirts they were selling. I wound up picking up one's for Monster Cables, Spore and Rockband 2 for around 7 bucks total.

E Unit 03-09-09 01:48 AM

So long Circuit City...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29586797/

printerati 03-09-09 10:08 AM

My final CC visit was the store in Tuscaloosa, AL, on our way home to Cincinnati. I picked up a few things of interest:

- Dragon Wars DVD for $2.50 (the last DVD in the store)
- two iPod nano silicon cases for a total of $0.80
- an FM antenna for my receiver for $1.00
- an open box 250 GB Sony DGH-HDD250 HD DVR

The DVR had no manual or remote, or price tag, which is probably why it was still just sitting there. I plugged it in to make sure it at least powered up, and then walked over to a sales rep to ask if he could do a price check. (No one was in uniform.)

Rep: "I don't know. I'm a fixture salesman. You need a merchandise salesman."
Me: "Which ones are merchandise salesmen?"
Rep: "I don't know. I'm not very motivated since it's the last day."

Cute...and indicative of pretty much every other time I've shopped at the chain, actually. I lugged it up to the register and took my chances.

Me: "There's no price tag on this. Can you tell me how much it is?"
Rep: "I don't know. What is it?"
Me: "A DVR."
Rep: "Hmm...$20?"

Yes, please.

I still haven't had the chance to hook it up, but the warranty seal is still intact, so hopefully Sony will take care of me in case something is wrong with it. Not a bad haul. :)

Oh, to Maxflier...not a Blu-Ray to be found.

Aphex Twin 03-09-09 01:23 PM

So are ALL CC stores closed? I wanted to make a final trip, specifically to Fashion Island

Trevor 03-09-09 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin (Post 9315059)
So are ALL CC stores closed? I wanted to make a final trip, specifically to Fashion Island

Yes, Sunday was the final day, although many closed Saturday or even earlier.

lovgun7 03-09-09 09:32 PM

i probably should have waited a few more days to buy that blu-ray 3 pack

Aphex Twin 03-09-09 11:14 PM

That sucks. I was only able to get The Wire Season 1 for $16. I was hoping to get the rest of them at a lower price.

Arpeggi 03-09-09 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin (Post 9315059)

Fashion Island didn't have anything left besides shit furniture on Sunday...

Torchur317 03-09-09 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin (Post 9316261)
I was only able to get The Wire Season 1 for $16.

Be happy you found that at it's price, unlike most of the stores posted in this thread, my store was empty before even hit 50%....

zekeburger1979 03-10-09 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by printerati (Post 9314566)
- an open box 250 GB Sony DGH-HDD250 HD DVR

The DVR had no manual or remote, or price tag, which is probably why it was still just sitting there. I plugged it in to make sure it at least powered up, and then walked over to a sales rep to ask if he could do a price check. (No one was in uniform.)

Rep: "I don't know. I'm a fixture salesman. You need a merchandise salesman."
Me: "Which ones are merchandise salesmen?"
Rep: "I don't know. I'm not very motivated since it's the last day."

Cute...and indicative of pretty much every other time I've shopped at the chain, actually. I lugged it up to the register and took my chances.

Me: "There's no price tag on this. Can you tell me how much it is?"
Rep: "I don't know. What is it?"
Me: "A DVR."
Rep: "Hmm...$20?"

Yes, please.

I still haven't had the chance to hook it up, but the warranty seal is still intact, so hopefully Sony will take care of me in case something is wrong with it. Not a bad haul. :)

Oh, to Maxflier...not a Blu-Ray to be found.

Not bad. Not bad. I got a 80 GB Single Tuner TiVo from CC back in October for $2.96. :)