Reload this Page >

New Pricing for Alias and Felicity: Deep Discount Cost is $22.13 a Set

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 12-23-08, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It looks like price drops are coming soon for Alias and Felicity. More series from Buena Vista Home Entertainment might be discounted further as well but I wasn't sure what to look for exactly. In any case, these now show a list price of $29.95 a set. Other websites seem to be taking notice of this as well but the pricing did not seem lower than Deep Discount's from what I could see. Amazon.com is now selling sets for the full listed list price without any discount though I am assuming this will change soon.

The date listed for their "release" is the 26th. I am pretty sure that means the list price drop is officially in effect then. In any case the items can now be ordered.

Every season of Alias or Felicity for $22.13 a set.

That makes Alias cost a grand total of $110.65.

Felicity would cost a grand total of $88.52.

Keep in mind that as these appear to be price drops from what I can tell they might be cheaper in the future. I myself am tempted to pick up seasons 2 to 4 of Felicity as those are the only sets I need but I may in fact just wait for a better sale.

In any case it seems like Buena Vista Home Entertainment is finally pricing these sets appropriately. Hopefully we can look forward to even greater pricing in the future!

UPDATE: On Amazon.com I just found individual listings showing a release date of March 3rd, 2009. Perhaps they are releasing new slim sets at that time? In any case, it does appear that I was correct in assuming the pricing on these sets will be dropping.

Last edited by GenPion; 12-23-08 at 03:22 AM.
Old 12-23-08, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Many scrubs season sets also seem to have a new list price of $23.95
Old 12-23-08, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
And here's hoping they won't be stupid and try to cram more episodes on fewer discs. I'm gonna wait and see what the reports about this is.
Old 12-23-08, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They did this already the Home Improvement and Golden Girls sets. It about time!
Old 12-23-08, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. I just need a B1G1F offer now
Old 12-23-08, 08:47 AM
Suspended

Perfect. Glad I waited on Alias. It has been one of my most wanted shows.
Old 12-23-08, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
Perfect. Glad I waited on Alias. It has been one of my most wanted shows.
Mine too, and it never seems to be on sale anymore. I just need season 5 to complete the set. Would love to get this for about $10, so I dont mess up my average.
Old 12-23-08, 12:51 PM

I always wanted to watch Alias. Everybody tells me that it is a good show. I might buy couple of seasons.
Old 12-23-08, 04:10 PM

Excellent. I sold my Felicity sets a while ago for $150 or so but I kind of regret it. If I can pick them up for $20 or so I will correct my mistake.
Old 12-23-08, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alias was an awesome show. I even enjoyed S5, which had less of Jennifer Garner...
Old 12-23-08, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts
'bout time!

Picked up Alias seasons 1 and 2 back when they were on sale for $19.99 at Best Buy last summer.

Will likely be picking up seasons 3-5 if I can get them for them around $15 a piece at some point in the near future.
Old 12-23-08, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
I feel this a valid thread to state:

1) I own season 1 of Felicity
2) I have never opened it in the 4+ years I have had it
3) They changed the music
4) I'll likely never buy 2-4
5) (S4)
Spoiler:
And why Ben and not Noel?
Old 12-24-08, 12:09 AM

RE: alias. Season three sort of went off the tracks as far as I'm concerned, so you might be tempted to quit it. I was. It gets better in S4 and S5, though not as good as the first two seasons, IMO. The end, I thought, was not completely satisfying, but they had probably painted themselves into a corner with the Rambaldi arc and this was the best solution they could come up with to get out of it.
Old 12-24-08, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by ericjanderson
RE: alias. Season three sort of went off the tracks as far as I'm concerned, so you might be tempted to quit it. I was. It gets better in S4 and S5, though not as good as the first two seasons, IMO. The end, I thought, was not completely satisfying, but they had probably painted themselves into a corner with the Rambaldi arc and this was the best solution they could come up with to get out of it.
My own opinion:

Season 1 and 2 were classic. The second season was the best of the bunch, and the series was never better. Season 3 was poor on TV but awesome when watched on DVD at a fast pace. Season 4 is very entertaining though it lacks some of the charm of the earlier seasons. In it's place, however, it found some new interesting ideas and character moments that really shine through. Season 5 (the final season) showed the series slipping dramatically. What was once a 5 star series became a 3 star series by the time the finale was over. It was not entirely satisfying but it wasn't ultimately that disappointing either. I would still recommend the season overall if you invested in the other four seasons (which all felt essential to me). I would suggest continuing the series.
Old 12-24-08, 09:02 AM

B&N has also reduced the list price for each season to $29.99, and the seasons currently range from 10-20% off. Add in a 15% off coupon, and these would be a good bargain when the B&N Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale starts in a week or so.
Old 12-24-08, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by diditagain
B&N has also reduced the list price for each season to $29.99, and the seasons currently range from 10-20% off. Add in a 15% off coupon, and these would be a good bargain when the B&N Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale starts in a week or so.
I didn't know such a sale was upcoming. Thanks for the tip! I may have to do this to get Seasons 2 to 4 of Felicity to complete my own collection.
Old 12-24-08, 01:03 PM

The sale usually starts around January 2 and last about a month. However, within a few days after the sale starts, B&N online adjusts their % off scale so that many individual DVDs are discounted less than they would be under normal circumstances. I'll be checking the site every day after Christmas just in case!

Having said that, you can still get very good deals. I have several 15% off coupon codes written down on the same page as my list of all the DVDs I want so I can make orders as soon as possible after the sale starts.