Old 01-09-09, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Blockbuster.com - All previously viewed HD-DVD’s - $7.99 each

I've gotten some on ebay
Old 01-09-09, 05:16 PM

Just got off the phone with customer service, they charged my card, they don't have an estimate on when they can fulfill my order. They are not willing to give a refund and have no ability to cancel or track the order internally. I am going to file a dispute report with my credit card company and get a refund. These guys suck bigtime!
Old 01-09-09, 06:27 PM

Thats why I do not buy used titles anymore. You don't know what you are going to be receiving and most of the time it is disappointing.
Old 01-09-09, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine came in pretty scratched but they all played just fine. FOr a while that's all I bought was used. Most of my collection has been purchased used. Although there is the ocassional klinker it really wasn't any more of a problem than the ocassional bad new disc.
Old 01-10-09, 09:27 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Ordered 12/19, shipment e-mail 12/23, arrived yesterday 1/09 on the same day the CSR supervisor emailed me saying my only options at this point would be to cancel the "pending" order for refund, or wait for them to ship out my order. wtf? OK, you run such a sloppy organization? "Cancel" my order, and give me my refund. LOL.

If you are that inept, I have no problems taking advantage of you.

I will say this tho, I will never order from them again.
Old 01-13-09, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They finally started to send me shipping confirmations on my HD-DVD's that I was still waiting for. I just thought I'd give any of you a heads up if your still waiting.
Old 01-13-09, 12:25 PM

I started getting shipping confirmations for order placed on 12/24. I guess they finally located the dumpster that had these HD-DVDs. I am not ordering anything from them in the future.
Old 01-13-09, 01:53 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Ordered 12/19, shipment e-mail 12/23, arrived yesterday 1/09 on the same day the CSR supervisor emailed me saying my only options at this point would be to cancel the "pending" order for refund, or wait for them to ship out my order. wtf? OK, you run such a sloppy organization? "Cancel" my order, and give me my refund. LOL.

If you are that inept, I have no problems taking advantage of you.

I will say this tho, I will never order from them again.
got my "refund" today. LOL. What a joke.
Old 01-13-09, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Yeah, they finished shipping me the rest of the HD-DVD's I placed in one large order. There was around eight of them and it seems like they will be coming in three different packages. I am still waiting on one single order I placed for a single HD-DVD, but now that the rest has shipped I expect it won't take them that long to get this title out to me as well.

I am finally starting to feel as though I can rest easy! Now I just hope the titles arrive in good condition. Generally speaking, I have not had problems with them. However, if any of these arrive without the proper cover art I am going to request either a return or exchange. I hope that they all arrive in their original cases as well.
Old 01-13-09, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

One email said I was going to be credited, and another recent one said I was going to be shipped a replacement. Kinda odd. Just waiting to see what happens first...
Old 01-14-09, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

I just want to post about my 2 orders.
Overall I'm happy with Blockbuster used hd-DVD.

The good
--Order about 40+ HD(only 2 where missing artwork and not in HD-DVD case)
--fast shipping,lots of blue bags with 2 or 3 movies in each.
--Refunded my shipping cost on first order with one call to CS..over $25 saved.I was nice they were nice.
--I think each movie came out to be about $5.50.

The bad
--I wish they cleaned the discs before they sold them.
I know Hollywood(in-store) does this to most of their PV movies.

Happy camper.. :-))
Old 01-15-09, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ordered four titles (Into the Wild, Corpse Bride, Shaun of the Dead, and Eyes Wide Shut)...only one Ive tried so far was EWS...skipped forward to "the good part" to verify it was indeed the uncensored version and let it play for it bit...freezes up during the scene when Tom Cruise gets called out for being where he shouldnt. Thing is, it really doesnt look that scratched, less so than the others anyhow...really makes me wonder if they are ok, but you never know unless you watch absolutely everything on the disc.
Old 01-15-09, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Hopefully my discs are all okay. Anyway, they shipped nine titles to me in the past few days. Unfortunately, the last one they did not... they canceled it. And it was one I really wanted. I guess I'll have to buy The Last Samurai somewhere else.
Old 01-15-09, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ENDContra
Ordered four titles (Into the Wild, Corpse Bride, Shaun of the Dead, and Eyes Wide Shut)...only one Ive tried so far was EWS...skipped forward to "the good part" to verify it was indeed the uncensored version and let it play for it bit...freezes up during the scene when Tom Cruise gets called out for being where he shouldnt. Thing is, it really doesnt look that scratched, less so than the others anyhow...really makes me wonder if they are ok, but you never know unless you watch absolutely everything on the disc.
I got 4 discs, all scratched. The one with a big gouge played fine as did 2 of the others. Normally I would not have purchased Viva Las Vegas but for $6 I figured I'd try it. It was the best looking of the bunch yet pixelated and froze at the end. I had already watched the movie so I should have just returned it. But I scrubbed it about four times and eventually it played fine, but I still couldn't figure out why it wouldn't play.
Old 01-15-09, 09:27 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by ENDContra
I rented that disc
Old 01-15-09, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Forgot to post the status on my little order.

I was completely expecting to receive a copy of Zodiac in one or two standard-size DVD boxes with Blockbuster rental coverart. If they were to have sent just the discs and the original HD-DVD sized artwork inside of the normal retail package, I would've been jazzed and used a spare case I have shoved in the closet. My, how I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my little blue envelope to find Zodiac in its original case with both discs in awesome condition (a very light ding here and there, but hey, they ARE used).

Old 01-16-09, 04:08 PM

Got all except 1 from my order. All with original artwork, 2 cases are cracked but the discs are in pretty good condition, minor to no scratches. My last disc from the order says "Unable to cancel". Hopefully they will ship it within this year.
Old 01-16-09, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Received The Invasion today.

I have to admit, Blockbuster is following up on their replacements. It takes a little time, but they are doing it.
Old 01-17-09, 10:07 PM

Got my order of Zodiac today. Looks brand new. Great deal for $5.50
Old 01-18-09, 12:17 PM

ordered 9 movies little over 2 weeks ago. received 8 of them in 3 different shipments. im happy with my purchase as all my movies came with original case/artwork and probably half of them had light scratches while the others were mint. only thing im upset about is my matrix reloaded got canceled and now im stuck with an incomplete series. gonna be tough finding it for a decent price.
Old 01-24-09, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ordered got the first 3 and look brand new

Hot Fuzz
Oceans 13
the Aviator

House of Wax
Being John Malkovich
Michael Clayton
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
King of California
The Kingdom
the departed

I joined the free trial so I got 10 % plus the holiday coupon 30% off, so I got each HD-DVD for around 5 bucks or so, pretty good deal.