(DEAD) Tropic Thunder 2-Disc Unrated - $6.99 - Circuit City

Old 11-30-08, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comes up at $29.99 now.
Old 11-30-08, 03:57 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

the BB post-xmas return thing I think is largely YMMV. Mine has let me exchange things I got as xmas gifts a couple times, which I obviously had no receipt for.
Originally Posted by Trevor
In their defense, their price match policy is pretty clear that it has to be in an ad and in stock at a local store.

We often get away with more than that, so YMMV.

But instead of being upset with them (and threatening shenanigans), we should be praising them for even having the policy in the first place, especially when they bend the clear rules in our favor occasionally.
I know. Which is why when I didn't push it at the store. Just walked away. I said I "almost" want to do that. I was mostly just being sarcastic.
Old 11-30-08, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bought 2 at my local CC. They had no problem price-matching their website. Both had a floater though, but they were the only copies they had left...
Well, I couldn't cancel my web order, so maybe the one I receive won't have a floater. Or so I'm hoping...
Old 11-30-08, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Comes up at $29.99 now.
Seeing as they caught it already, and nothing will have shipped out yet, I forsee cancellation emails coming... Well, maybe they'll send $5 for our inconvenience if that happens...
Old 11-30-08, 05:20 PM

I got mine ordered under the radar, but no confirmation e-mail yet.
Old 11-30-08, 05:35 PM

Well, now that it's back at regular price, I see no reason to try and buy it. Earlier in the morning, BB wouldn't price match because they don't do online price matching so I went to CC and the manager/supervisor said the internet price is the same as the store but the unfortunate thing is that they had no copies of the 2-disc set...
Old 11-30-08, 06:00 PM

I was able to price match it at Best Buy. I also used a gift certificate so i was able to get it for about 2.14.
Old 11-30-08, 06:31 PM

Gee, one more online price mistake, and I'm going to develop a conspiracy theory that they're trying to inflate their holiday weekend sales numbers.

Old 11-30-08, 07:21 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
Well, now that it's back at regular price, I see no reason to try and buy it. Earlier in the morning, BB wouldn't price match because they don't do online price matching so I went to CC and the manager/supervisor said the internet price is the same as the store but the unfortunate thing is that they had no copies of the 2-disc set...
same here. first place i went was CC, but they had none in stock.
Old 11-30-08, 08:16 PM

i price matched in store at CC today, figured gonna take advantage of that damn red postcard all the employees try to shove in your hands......as you shop, (i was in a circuit city the other day and was approached no less than 8 times)
so just printed out the page took it in, got a raised eyebrow, then wow, then price matched. Dont know what the employees were told recently, but they are really aggressive lately, and not in a good way.....
Old 11-30-08, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by fitzcain
i price matched in store at CC today, figured gonna take advantage of that damn red postcard all the employees try to shove in your hands......as you shop, (i was in a circuit city the other day and was approached no less than 8 times)
so just printed out the page took it in, got a raised eyebrow, then wow, then price matched. Dont know what the employees were told recently, but they are really aggressive lately, and not in a good way.....
It seems like the complaints of bad customer service are finally being heard, they just have no frame of reference. The blind leading the blind.
Old 11-30-08, 08:33 PM

yeah it worked for me. first i asked the guy up front where you walked in. he said they didnt price match christmas deals or something like that. I told him it wasnt a black friday item, so then i went to customer service. they said they dont price match circuit city, cause the one across the street was closing. (which would have made sense had this been a blowout sale deal from a closing circuit city, but this was not.) i should have argued, but instead i just went to the checkout counter and the lady up there matched it, no problem. GREAT DEAL!
Old 11-30-08, 08:48 PM

This is a title that I'm going to order used from Family Video when the time & price are right.

Probably around this same price.

So in conclusion: not upset I missed out.
Old 11-30-08, 09:23 PM

Can someone post a link to a scan so we can take that in to get a price match?
Old 11-30-08, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by RustyOrgan
Can someone post a link to a scan so we can take that in to get a price match?
i was at work today and couldn't print it from the CC website...this would be awesome if someone has a scan or a picture of...its worth a shot!
Old 11-30-08, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A price mistake of a movie that I actually want and I miss it.
Old 12-01-08, 08:05 AM

yea now it shows up at 22 dollars
Old 12-01-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 427 Likes on 248 Posts
I happened to be browsing the CC web site yesterday afternoon and stumbled onto it. I ordered a copy and got a confirmation e-mail. I assume we'll find out today whether peoples' orders will be fulfilled or canceled?
Old 12-01-08, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Well, here's my story on this. First, I went online to place the order, but became concerned that it would be canceled based on some of the posts in this thread. Then I decided to place the order for in-store pick-up. I promptly discovered when I got to the shipping page that this item was not available in stores. I called the local Circuit City that *isn't* going out of business and asked, since it was online if I could get it at that price. The woman I was connected to said no, that they had it listed for $15 and change, which they did and I conceded. I then pointed out that the director's cut 2-disc set was listed at $6.99 in the sale section, and then I played the one-price policy card. She said to print it up, bring it in and they would give it to me at that price. Great.

We drive the half hour to get there only to discover they don't even have one in the store! I encountered some resistance at the customer service desk, who insisted that operators aren't with the store, that they're contracted out and that nobody should have told me to drive out there without confirming that they would hold a copy of whatever I was after for me. Disappointed, we left. We had to stop in Walmart on the way home, and I decided to see if they would price match. Since the movie can't be seen in the print ad's $3.99-$5.99 section (and since it makes no sense for $6.99 movies to be listed as such anyway), I showed the guy in electronics my printout. Every movie in the print ad is in the printout from the website, and since the online and store prices are supposed to match at Circuit City, I argued that in their case, an online ad should be equated to a print ad. He called a manager, explained my situation and voila! Thanks to this thread and a cooperative Walmart manager, my wife and I watched the director's cut of "Tropic Thunder" last night. This is why I love this forum!
Old 12-01-08, 11:02 AM

Can't believe I missed out on this opprotunity. I could kick myself. So does anyone have an adscan so that maybe we can still get in on this?
Old 12-01-08, 01:13 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
^ FYI, it is available from CH for the usual sub $5 average.
Old 12-01-08, 03:09 PM

I still have not received an e-mail but CC has debited my checking account for the purchase. Maybe this is a postive sign that they will honor their price.
Old 12-01-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wirebendr
I still have not received an e-mail but CC has debited my checking account for the purchase. Maybe this is a postive sign that they will honor their price.
Probably just an authorization that places a hold on the funds. May just drop off without the actual charge being posted. This usually affects your "Available Balance" only.
Old 12-01-08, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wirebendr
mine went into my spam folder, fwiw
Old 12-01-08, 05:17 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Earlier today my bank account showed only a $1 authorization. But, it now shows both the $1 authorization and a $13.29 authorization ($6.99 + 3-Day Shipping and Tax).

Although I know this deal could still fall through, I hope this is good news. I will continue to wait for a confirmation of shipping and will let you know if I get one.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.