DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Godfather Collection 4 Discs Blu-Ray $41.99 @ Best Buy Free Ship w/ instore pick up (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/544692-godfather-collection-4-discs-blu-ray-%2441-99-%40-best-buy-free-ship-w-instore-pick-up.html)

DarthScooby 11-30-08 01:14 AM

Godfather 4 Discs Blu-Ray $41.99 Heathers Top Gun Day/Evil Dead 2 11.99 @ BB

Godfather Collection [4 Discs / Blu-ray][Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3] - Blu-ray Disc 41.99

Top Gun 11.99

Day of the Dead 11.99

Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn 11.99

Heathers 11.99

If you do in store pick up have them refund and rebuy using this manufacturer's coupon found in todays paper.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...g?t=1228078280

Also don't forget the $10.00 mail in rebate (on pack) if you already own the old Godfather box set.

Sweet Baby James 11-30-08 01:18 AM

The deals just won't stop. I'm going to need a night job. Thanks, I suppose.-wink-

melih69 11-30-08 01:30 AM

Good price and it is so tempting but I have to stop buying .... I have to stop... stop... who am i kidding I am going to be ordering this since I missed on the supernaturals season 3 BR for $22.99.

DirkBelig 11-30-08 01:46 AM

You have got to be frakking kidding me!!! I just bought this from the DD sale last Monday because I figured $46.38 was going to be an unbeatable deal and now I see I could've gotten it for $44.52 locally, including tax?!? The DD order has already shipped and I'm not going to send it back over $1.86 - it'd cost more to post it back - but this is just crazy, especially since this sale wasn't in the Sunday paper. I smell an error. Costco is selling for ~$62 IIRC and I don't see Beast Buy being this charitable.

tucker 11-30-08 02:20 AM

damn i payed @56 when it came out on amazon

g 11-30-08 02:21 AM

It's on sale sunday and monday as part of their cyber monday sale.

kenbenobi 11-30-08 02:30 AM

Spent WAY too much lately (mainly at Amazon). I'm going to have to pass on this. I own the SD collection, and shouldn't be double-dipping so much anyway... Great price, though.

DVD Polizei 11-30-08 02:31 AM

Hmmm. Very tempting.

Mr. Cinema 11-30-08 07:08 AM

Excellent price on an excellent set.

Trevor 11-30-08 07:51 AM

Tempting, but I have the SD set, have only watched it once, and have dozens of hours of special features and commentaries to get thru on that before I even watch the movies by themselves again.

$20 or less I'd bite. And I won't be surprised if that happens within a year. If the Bond blu-rays can go for $5 each, why not every Blu-ray?

PirateMike 11-30-08 08:15 AM

I just received a manufacturer coupon for $10 off this in the Sunday paper. Is there any way I can apply it to this? Does it ring up $41.99 in store?

DVD Polizei 11-30-08 08:18 AM

Well, maybe all Blu-rays can sell for $5 a piece, but I'm sure the plan is to sell you the Bond Blu-rays at a discount, with the probability you buy more Blu-rays at a higher price. Sure, some will just buy the Bond Blu-rays, but most won't. It's a loss leader, basically. Certain studios will set their price, which is why you see certain titles going for much less than others.

Anyway, I orderd the Godfather Blu-ray set. Found out I had a $5 Reward Zone GC, so what the hell. $36.99 and I pick it up.

Trevor 11-30-08 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei (Post 9101789)
Well, maybe all Blu-rays can sell for $5 a piece, but I'm sure the plan is to sell you the Bond Blu-rays at a discount, with the probability you buy more Blu-rays at a higher price. Sure, some will just buy the Bond Blu-rays, but most won't. It's a loss leader, basically. Certain studios will set their price, which is why you see certain titles going for much less than others.

Here's my reasoning/thinking.

From pretty much the beginnings of DVD, we've been able to average $5 or less per title, thru the Reel/BFL early days to the bargain bin and Big Lots present, and mainly thanks to CH. Maybe it was a bit higher the first few years, I forget, but it has been $5 or less for several years now.

And even before yesterday's 20 blu-rays for $120, I was averaging less than $10 per blu-ray thanks to random deals and CH. I don't see prices on blu-rays going up, so why wouldn't my per title average stay $8 or less?

Sure, you have to limit your choices to a small degree, and may have to wait to buy certain new releases for that cheap. But I have about 60 blu-rays that are pretty much all the blu-rays released that I want. All the Disney's, all the Bonds, etc.

So unless the deals dry up drastically, I think I'll be able to keep buying every blu-ray for less than $10 per.

flix1 11-30-08 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by PirateMike (Post 9101786)
I just received a manufacturer coupon for $10 off this in the Sunday paper. Is there any way I can apply it to this? Does it ring up $41.99 in store?

I was just coming here say the same thing. If it does not ring up the same in-store, I would ask for a pricematch to the website first, then provide the manufacturers coupon. Although they may not honor it, it never hurts to try.

Jtnguyen12 11-30-08 09:30 AM

I must get this sunday ad to save $10 on Godfather collection. under $35 is steal deal ever :)

sotra 11-30-08 09:33 AM

FYI - With live.com 25-30% off on fleabay you can often get this for right over/under $30 shipped.

GMan2819 11-30-08 09:58 AM

Where in the Sunday ads was the $10 coupon?

Also, doesn't this set also have a $10 MIR if you own the previous set? That would bring it down to $22 for me.

kyle 11-30-08 10:18 AM

Not sure you could get this price in the store--on web site says online only--so probably can't use the coupon in the store.

Pitchman 11-30-08 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by kyle (Post 9101899)
Not sure you could get this price in the store--on web site says online only--so probably can't use the coupon in the store.

It is definitely available for store pickup, so either way, you can get this price at the store. Also, I'd like to second the request for where or in what Sunday paper the coupon can be found.

Superdaddy 11-30-08 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pitchman (Post 9101903)
It is definitely available for store pickup, so either way, you can get this price at the store. Also, I'd like to second the request for where or in what Sunday paper the coupon can be found.

I got these coupons in Newsday here in NY. They don't seem to be for a specific retailer; just any "participating" one. Thus I would bet they're available in a number of different papers. They offer discounts on a variety of other titles as well.

flix1 11-30-08 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by GMan2819 (Post 9101881)
Where in the Sunday ads was the $10 coupon?

Also, doesn't this set also have a $10 MIR if you own the previous set? That would bring it down to $22 for me.

I was coming back here to mention that.

There is a $10 Mail In Rebate for previous owners of ANY Godfather DVD or Godfather DVD Set in the Blu-ray set.

OldBoy 11-30-08 11:18 AM

what does "Free Ship w/ instore pick up" mean? isn't that an oxymoron...

Fielding Mellish 11-30-08 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by kyle (Post 9101899)

Yep. No dice. At least at my local BB.

Fantastic deal in itself, though. I just have to decide whether I want to carve up two box sets to score another measly 10 bucks.

sbelli 11-30-08 11:49 AM

What kind of ad is the coupon in? Just a generic manufacturer's coupon insert? I can't find one in my local Sunday paper.

Superdaddy 11-30-08 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by sbelli (Post 9102015)
What kind of ad is the coupon in? Just a generic manufacturer's coupon insert? I can't find one in my local Sunday paper.

Yes, it is a generic insert. Mine was on thick glossy paper.