DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Meijer Box Sets Saturday 6 AM $9.99 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/544618-meijer-box-sets-saturday-6-am-%249-99-a.html)

rjholder 11-28-08 08:54 PM

Meijer Box Sets Saturday 6 AM $9.99

I thought this would have gotten posted sooner, so better late than never, I hope!
Their Saturday doorbuster deal on DVD Television box sets, starting at 6 AM, $9.99, limit 3. If I don't list what season it is I can't tell from looking at the spine.

Titles pictured in their ad:
NYPD Blue Season 1
Stargate Atlantis
The Pretender
Remington Steele Season 1
The Addams Family
In Living Color
Stargate SG-1
The Office
Bernie Mac
The Coach 1st season
Friends 1st season
Dark Angel
King of the Hill
Knight Rider
Full House 1st season
Fear Factor 1st season
Family Guy Vol. 1

You can view their photo of the sets here.

I'm sure not all stores will have all of these on hand, I have to wonder if they have more than one season of the Stargates on hand, I am interested in Atlantis. I have a sneaking suspicion that they are ALL Season 1 only!
Sure is a good price though, considering Amazon prices are about $38.99 per set for SG Atlantis!

Happy Hunting!

Ron

Cardsfan111 11-28-08 10:41 PM

Thanks for posting this, OP. Just to clarify, I don't think this is a typical doorbuster promotion but part of an all-day Saturday sale starting at 6 a.m. Went to Meijer's site and if I read it right they'll have additional titles available. It's also possible that you might be able to order these online...at least there's a link currently to order online. When I clicked on it now, it takes me to a page for Addams Family, Volume 1 for $25. Who knows what'll do at 6 a.m.?

Also, for Meijers shoppers you can print out coupons through their site good on Saturday only. Won't work for this deal but they range from a couple bucks off a $20 purchase all the way up to $20 off of a $100 purchase.

Cookson 11-28-08 10:51 PM

hmmmm very interesting. Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis if I end up doing this.... and what the heck, I'll throw in Full House Season 1. LOL

rjholder 11-29-08 05:55 AM

Suspicion confirmed: All $9.99 sale sets are season one or volume one.
One additional set to report: M*A*S*H season 1 on sale.
They had an aisle display of these sets but you can also look on their regular shelves, use their scanners to confirm sale price, they are going by UPC and not sale stickers.

rjholder 11-29-08 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Cookson (Post 9099979)
hmmmm very interesting. Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis if I end up doing this.... and what the heck, I'll throw in Full House Season 1. LOL

Just checked for prices on other seasons of SG Atlantis, Deep Discount is selling Season 4 for $19.76! Also some SG-1 seasons at that price. The rest are more like $27, still less than most places.

DouglasRobert 11-29-08 06:43 AM

These are some of the other shows I saw at the sale price.

All Season 1 or Volume 1
The Office
JAG
In Living Color
MASH
The Pretender
Addams Family
Knight Rider
King of the Hill

FYI: I was expecting to see a big box display of these like they had on BF, but they're not. Just on an end cap along with other dvds. Also look carefully at the packaging because it's on the spring loaded display and quite a few had damaged corners.

wildman1037 11-29-08 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by rjholder (Post 9100212)
Suspicion confirmed: All $9.99 sale sets are season one or volume one.
One additional set to report: M*A*S*H season 1 on sale.
They had an aisle display of these sets but you can also look on their regular shelves, use their scanners to confirm sale price, they are going by UPC and not sale stickers.

Actually, this is not true. Although the only ones on the $9.99 shelf are Season 1 sets, every other season from the shows which were on that shelf, that I scanned, came up $9.99.

I picked up the following:
Friends S7, S8, S9, S10
Stargate Atlantis: S4

Each were $9.99

thedrizzle 11-29-08 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by wildman1037 (Post 9100267)
Actually, this is not true. Although the only ones on the $9.99 shelf are Season 1 sets, every other season from the shows which were on that shelf, that I scanned, came up $9.99.

Friends S7, S8, S9, S10

Each were $9.99

Yeah I work at the Meijer here in town and all seasons of the shows pictured in the ad ring up for $9.99. I picked up The Office Season 4 for $8.99 with my store discount.

DouglasRobert 11-29-08 03:36 PM

I went their this morning at around 5:30 AM

I was hoping to get all 4 seasons of Knight Rider, but I looked in the regular TV on DVD section and there was no other seasons on the shelves at all.

And as far as I can remember I didn't see any of the other sale DVD seasons on the shelf either. The only ones that I saw for these shows were the First seasons on that end cap.

So I guess it depends on which store you visit. Just looks like the one I went to decided to pull all other seasons except for the 1st seasons of these.

Cardsfan111 11-29-08 04:23 PM

Friends S7, S8, S9, S10

Each were $9.99

Originally Posted by thedrizzle (Post 9100748)
Yeah I work at the Meijer here in town and all seasons of the shows pictured in the ad ring up for $9.99. I picked up The Office Season 4 for $8.99 with my store discount.

My experience was different. I saw a tag on the shelf for Frasier: Season 1 for $9.99. When I took a couple of later seasons to a price scanner they rang up for their $20+ price.

thedrizzle 11-29-08 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 (Post 9100869)
My experience was different. I saw a tag on the shelf for Frasier: Season 1 for $9.99. When I took a couple of later seasons to a price scanner they rang up for their $20+ price.

Frasier wasn't one of the sets shown in the ad so that might be why the later seasons didn't ring up $9.99.

rjholder 11-29-08 05:51 PM

Friends S7, S8, S9, S10

Each were $9.99

Went back to look for SG Atlantis seasons 2-4, couldn't find any, but I took a Family Guy and a Friends set from other seasons to the scanner, sure enough, $9.99. They did have Stargate SG-1 in stock though, may regret not buying them up someday. Made a bad assumption, going on the little sale cards that all said Season 1, and the aisle display contents. Thanks for correcting me on that.

toldawg128 11-29-08 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by thedrizzle (Post 9100748)

Yeah, I picked up The Office seasons 2,3,4 for $8.99 each using my brother's employee discount. Awesome deal!