Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

List your $2 Black Friday finds from Walmart here.

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

List your $2 Black Friday finds from Walmart here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-08, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went on Sunday morning and they put all the sale dvds all in one display.

I got HollywoodLand
Undercover Brother

Still saw quite a few of the $10 Disney 2-packs, including 101 Dalmatians.
A lot of Iron Man & Hulk dvds.
I would have got Constantine but it was the Full Screen edition, so I passed.
Old 11-30-08, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was pissed that there were some titles I would have gotten had they not been the fullscreen version of the movie.
Old 11-30-08, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^I agree. I would have gotten Oceans 13, Michael Clayton, Borat, Atonement and The Kingdom.
Old 11-30-08, 07:28 PM

Here's my haul:

*Beverly Hillbillies
*Rocky Balboa
*TMNT
*Cat in the Hat
*Constatine
*Joy Ride
*Aviator (on a blind buy)

Wished I had picked up Dawn of the Dead when I had the chance. Never did see Robots or I would have picked that one up too.
Old 11-30-08, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
My Wal-Mart had a crap selection.

They didn't have any $2 DVDs out on Friday. Stopped by in the later afternoon/evening after the crowds had died down. Nada.

Went back Sunday evening to do some grocery shopping and they had the big sale display out. It looked pretty picked over, and there was little there that t interested me. Picked up a $2 copy of Domino, but upon closer examination discovered it was fullscreen and put it back.
Old 12-01-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
I was pissed that there were some titles I would have gotten had they not been the fullscreen version of the movie.
Originally Posted by darkhawk
^^I agree. I would have gotten Oceans 13, Michael Clayton, Borat, Atonement and The Kingdom.
Same here, except for Borat, since there weren't any copies left at the one I went to.

Last night, I looked over the display expecting the $2 movies to be gone, but to my surprise, there were a few that I picked up:

Barbershop
Boiler Room
Get Shorty
Miami Vice
Old 12-01-08, 09:13 PM

went this morning and picked up a few PUNISHER tshirts from a big $8 display... no black friday DVDs left anywhere at all in the store.

I headed back to pick up a couple more Punisher shirts tonight and out of nowhere was a big DVD dump... I picked up:
-Last Man Standing
-Syriana
-Mystic River
-Taking Lives (unrated)
-Knockaround Guys
-Interpreter
-Hollywoodland
-Tenacious D - Pick of Destiny
-OVER THE TOP

Not too bad for $2 each! I would've picked up alot more if there wasn't
so many that were only in Fullscreen.
Old 12-01-08, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was so focused on Blu-ray shopping that I didnt buy a single DVD this Black Friday... well, I got all 3 seasons of Weeds... but other then that, nothing. I should have taken advantage of this.
Old 12-01-08, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
My Wal-Mart had a crap selection.

They didn't have any $2 DVDs out on Friday. Stopped by in the later afternoon/evening after the crowds had died down. Nada.

Went back Sunday evening to do some grocery shopping and they had the big sale display out. It looked pretty picked over, and there was little there that t interested me. Picked up a $2 copy of Domino, but upon closer examination discovered it was fullscreen and put it back.
This is probably exactly what my walmart did also, I seem to remember them pulling the same crap another time as well, throwing up the display late. I am gonna have to remember when I wanna get in on a walmart sale to go a day or so later for a better chance.
Old 12-01-08, 11:52 PM

I went back today and found TMNT. That's the DVD I really wanted!!
Old 12-02-08, 01:12 PM

This morning (Tuesday), I picked up ...

$2 ...

Aviator (WS - 2 Disc)
U. S. Marshals (WS SE)
A Time To Kill (WS)
Borat (FS w/T-Shirt)

$9

American Gangster (2 Disc UR Extd Ed.)

Was there a WS version of the Borat w/T-Shirt?

Last edited by ChipHP; 12-02-08 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-02-08, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gdstudent
I went back today and found TMNT. That's the DVD I really wanted!!
That's the only one I really wanted, too. I found it on an endcap nowhere near the remaining $2 DVD's, so I lucked out since there weren't any there. I probably would have bought the Borat/shirt set for 2 bucks if I had seen it...
Old 12-02-08, 01:46 PM

I went back to the three local Wal-Marts and their displays have all disappeared. Shame too, I was hoping to find a copy of Dawn of the Dead. I made the mistake of passing on it on Thanksgiving morning.
Old 12-02-08, 04:22 PM

My Wal-Mart still had some DVDs at 6.00. I didn't venture far enough into the store to see if they had 2.00 ones. But we got I Am Legend for 6.00. There was still a ton of 40 Year Old Virgin, Departed, Ocean's 13, etc, left. I was surprised.
Old 12-02-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
The display at my Wal-mart had been moved from near the groceries to near the DVDs. A whole side of cardboard shelving unit had a mixed assortment of stickered titles (the green, yellow, red). Picked up 10 of 'em (the green stickered $2 ones) that I was half-way interested in and took them to a scanner...all of 'em rang up for $5. I put them back...
Old 12-02-08, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by cardsfan111
The display at my Wal-mart had been moved from near the groceries to near the DVDs. A whole side of cardboard shelving unit had a mixed assortment of stickered titles (the green, yellow, red). Picked up 10 of 'em (the green stickered $2 ones) that I was half-way interested in and took them to a scanner...all of 'em rang up for $5. I put them back...
I was fortunate because even if that had been the case for me, they still had price stickers on them for $2. That is how I got Pirates AWE for $6 even though it had gone up to $10.
Old 12-02-08, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by b2net
I was fortunate because even if that had been the case for me, they still had price stickers on them for $2. That is how I got Pirates AWE for $6 even though it had gone up to $10.
Mine never had prices. Even during the sale over the weekend, WM just used the color coded stickers. Instead of removing the stickers, I suppose they thought the red/green labels would give the DVD section a more festive look this holiday season.