Where are you buying The Dark Knight?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Where are you buying The Dark Knight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-08, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow thanks................muuch appreciated.
Old 12-09-08, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
I'm not buying it.

I'll get it for Christmas.

Seriously, why buy a movie in December? Ask for it for a gift. Free is good, no?
Old 12-09-08, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Seriously, why buy a movie in December? Ask for it for a gift. Free is good, no?
My answer is always: "Because I can buy it for less than someone in my family will buy it. I'd rather have a gift card so I can stretch it out with the deals we find here."

Maybe it's just me, but no one has bought me a movie as a gift since I joined this forum in 2000
Old 12-09-08, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by tanman
You know you have to be present with your credit card to pick it up? And they'll only hold it for 8 days. EXACTLY 8 days. I got into an arguement before with an employee because I showed up on day 8 and it had already been canceled and out of the system.
Ill be there by Monday of next week for the holidays. So its all good.
Old 12-09-08, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
My answer is always: "Because I can buy it for less than someone in my family will buy it. I'd rather have a gift card so I can stretch it out with the deals we find here."

Maybe it's just me, but no one has bought me a movie as a gift since I joined this forum in 2000
People never buy me movies. A gift card is usually appreciated.
Old 12-09-08, 11:05 PM

I'm not buying it.

I'll get it for Christmas.

I would not expect my family to want to rush out to a midnight release or early first thing at store openings to grab exclusives and such to secure something in limited quantities or in my case even know exactly what to be looking for. I tell my family easy stuff that I know they would have no trouble understanding and that will most likely be readily available now and until December 24th if they wish to get it for me. I know regular versions of the dark knight have more than enough stock that it would be an easy find but some of the exclusives its tough to guarantee they will be around at a later date.
Old 12-10-08, 12:00 AM

I screwed up. I didn't know that there was an f.y.e near where I live so I missed out on getting The Dark Knight blu-ray steelbook. I'm going to try my luck and see if they have any left in the morning.

I'm wondering though if I should get the Batman Begins/The Dark Knight steelbook on amazon.de. Does anyone know if it's region locked?
Old 12-10-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jenga
I screwed up. I didn't know that there was an f.y.e near where I live so I missed out on getting The Dark Knight blu-ray steelbook. I'm going to try my luck and see if they have any left in the morning.
there is no FYE BD steelbook (just dvd)
Old 12-10-08, 12:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jenga

I'm wondering though if I should get the Batman Begins/The Dark Knight steelbook on amazon.de. Does anyone know if it's region locked?
From researchinga bit, I don't find a Batman Begins/TDK BD SteelBook.. But there is a TDK BD SteelBook and I do believe its region free. If you look in the bargain forum, there is a group buy going on for that steelbook.
Old 12-10-08, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

TDK BD steelbook is available from Future Shop in Canada
Old 12-10-08, 01:12 AM

I ended up getting the steelbook from FYE

Although, for some reason the plastic on the inside that houses the discs and the booklet was put in backwards, so the discs are on the left side. I'm considering returning it, I'll just have to see if I have the time to do so in the upcoming week.
Old 12-10-08, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by tpockets
I just ordered the The Dark Knight Exclusive Joker Statuette and Dark Knight with Exclusive Joker Mask - Blu-ray Disc from bestbuy.com for in-store pickup just incase either of them sells out fast once the store opens.

My store did have a midnight release but wasn't a special event one so I didn't bother going. Also the Dark Knight with Exclusive Joker Mask - Blu-ray Disc shows up $36.99 online vs $39.99 in the weekly ad.
excellent find! you can match the online price in the store. if there are any left to match
Old 12-10-08, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw plenty of those head sets at Best buy.. they looked pretty flimsy. The only ones I only saw one or two of were the Joker Mask Blu-ray ones. Other than that there was an overabundance.

My FYE also had quite a few SteelBooks left on the shelf at around 7pm tonight. Looks like they ordered quite a bit extra.
Old 12-10-08, 05:02 AM

Iv'e got a quick request for anyone that purchased the steelbook at FYE:
The register receipt I received was not printing correctly on the left side, so I can't see the complete address that I'm supposed to mail it to.
Could someone please post what the complete mailing address is??
Thanks...
Old 12-10-08, 08:09 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by snausages
I'm still curious how a shipment would end up at the wrong store!!!
I'm sure the warehouse it was shipped from was really crazy the day they sent them all out, someone probably grabbed a wrong box, or put a box in the wrong place, or had the wrong shipping labels. Whatever the case, the error probably happened long before it got on the truck, which is probably why the stores went ahead and stocked them. They may not have been expecting them, but it was addressed to them, so it must be right, right?
Old 12-10-08, 09:13 AM

FYE steelbook rebate address:
P15 1205 DVD and BR Rebate
TWEC 08-54454
PO Box 540009
El Paso TX 88554-0009
Old 12-10-08, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by hindolio
excellent find! you can match the online price in the store. if there are any left to match
Yeah 3 dollars isn't much but it is something. Looks like they raised the price back to $39.99 yesterday afternoon though. I did in-store pickup for the The Dark Knight Exclusive Joker Statuette and Dark Knight with Exclusive Joker Mask Blu-ray early yesterday morning figuring that I would save the $4 on shipping but even though they said both were in-stock when I ordered them an hour before the store opened when I went to pick them both up they we're out of stock. The guy at customer service said that the inventory wasn't updated at that time yet from when they had the midnight opening the night before.

When I got home and change my order by phone to have it shipped to me. The statuette shipped this morning and the joker mask set is showing in-stock now so should ship soon. The batpod, joker Blu-ray mask set, and the Joker statuette are all in stock now if someone wanted to get them at Best Buy but couldn't find them in-store.
Old 12-10-08, 09:58 AM
Cool New Member

So for the plain jane BR disc is FYE the cheapest?
Old 12-10-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
If the Paypal card is a Visa or MasterCard, I am quite sure they can run it through without the PIN. They would just run it as a credit card.

If it isn't a Visa or MasterCard, then, yeah, something doesn't sound right.
It's a MasterCard. The receipt, though, says it ran as a debit, not as a credit. All I know is that I started to enter the PIN from my bank account debit card, realized I was doing that at the same time I began questioning the price of the DVD and hit "clear." The cashier hit a flurry of buttons on his side of things and voila! My transaction was processed against my will.

I've always been a little murky on issues when a woman says she did consent but changed her mind at the last minute until this transaction. I thought I wanted it, found out I didn't and before I could stop it, it was over. I've resolved to console myself by remembering Walmart was where I managed to price match Circuit City for the Tropic Thunder director's cut 2-discer a week ago for $6.99, but I still feel very confused about how this payment was processed.
Old 12-10-08, 10:14 AM

Just a FYI, Bestbuy.com has the Blu-Ray Batman mask and Joker Clown mask in stock again. Even though you can order Joker Statuette but it is in store pick up only and none of the store has it. Nowhere I can find the Batman Statuette online. Maybe BB forgot to put in on their page.
Old 12-10-08, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hvlien
I know they had the 2-disc version at my BJ's, but I didn't
pay attention to the price. The single disc was $14.99 (less $6 if you have a coupon)
My guess for the 2-Disc version - $24.99 - before the $6 off coupon clicks in.
(Doubt they have a additional "at registar rebate" for this one with that $6 off
coupon going around - we can't be that lucky!)

As for this $6 off coupon - is it one that has a direct $6 off or do you also have
to pay something else along with a DVD to get the savings? What kind of mailing
did it come in? The Holiday Gift Guide Catalog? or one of those monthly coupon books?
If it was the Holiday catalog, crud as that hit the garbage by mistake weeks ago.
If it was the monthly one, was it the December 2008 one? If so, we didn't receive
that one here yet. The last coupon books we receive here was November 2008
(no The Dark Knight coupon there) and the post Thanksgiving Day Weekend one.
Wonder if they have any extras of Holiday Gift Guide Catalog and/or the December
2008 coupon book at Customer Service.

Well I'll be stopping by there later - have to use a couple of coupons that expires
tonight - so I'll check on what exactly the 2-Disc price is and hopefully will be
able to find a The Dark Knight coupon too - if so I'll buy it there.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 12-12-08 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-10-08, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Moopher
From researchinga bit, I don't find a Batman Begins/TDK BD SteelBook..
Amazon (Germany) Dark Knight/Batman Begins Steelbook
Old 12-10-08, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
My guess for the 2-Disc version - $24.99 - before the $6 off coupon clicks in.
(Doubt they have a additional "at registar rebate" for this one with that $6 off
coupon going around - we can't be that lucky!)
I got it for $14.99. The 2-Disc was $20.99 minus the $6 coupon. I also used the $10 TV show coupon on Lost S4. $38.99 came to $28.99.

Dirk
Old 12-10-08, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Of course, but if that were left up to friends and family I'd most likely receive the 1-disc fullscreen DVD version.

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
Since '99 here.
Old 12-10-08, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DirkUSA
I got it for $14.99. The 2-Disc was $20.99 minus the $6 coupon. I also used the $10 TV show coupon on Lost S4. $38.99 came to $28.99.
Cool, I'll definiately get the 2-Disc there for $14.99! before tax of course.
Now where exactly did you and the other poster get the $6 off coupon?

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 12-10-08 at 03:43 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.