Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) DD 25% Off Sale- It's DEAD! ENDS 11/24 (merged)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) DD 25% Off Sale- It's DEAD! ENDS 11/24 (merged)

Old 12-15-08, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by shaunbul
Ohh what a wonderful none answer from DD- So no answer when.

We are sorry to inform you, the item: DVD: BATMAN-COMPLETE ANIMATED is temporarily out of stock and unavailable to ship. This item will ship as soon as it is available. Unfortunately, we do not have a shipping date for this item.
We expect to receive this merchandise and ship your order within twenty-one days.
Old 12-16-08, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 145 Likes on 97 Posts
Did anyone get the their Criterion order from the sale yet? Did you get the t-shirts? No shirts in there for me.
Old 12-16-08, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Viper187
Well, I had to send back Peter Benchley's "The Beast" a second time. I've gotten 3 copies of that movie (2 from DD, 1 from Amazon) shipped to me and all 3 times had loose discs. 2 of the 3 had BOTH discs floating. I got one from Amazon before with 1 loose disc. I give up. I love that movie, but something about the case must be horribly wrong. Didn't seem that different from any other though.

That pisses me off. They never know when ANYTHING will be back in stock.
DD orders its merchandise from the studios and probably gets the same answer from the studio as they give you. Repressing and repackaging a small number of a poor selling catalogue title is not a high priority for most studios.
Old 12-16-08, 07:11 AM

I had still be holding hopes until I receive an exactly copy of this email tonight, one week after someone else.

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
Just received this e-mail from DD, so my fingers are crossed that I will still get the set:

Quote:
Thank you for your recent order. Due to an overwhelming demand for the item(s)listed, we are temporarily out of stock. If you ordered with a credit card, you will not be charged until the item ships. We expect to receive thismerchandise and ship your order within twenty-one days. If you do not wish to wait, please contact our Customer Service department viaemail at [email protected] to cancel. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience and understanding. Best regards, DeepDiscount.com

Yeah right, like I would even briefly entertain the idea of canceling my order. Just gonna sit back and wait patiently for it to come back into stock.
Old 12-16-08, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know what the hell is going on.

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately the item listed below is discontinued, and cannot be shipped. You have not been charged for this item.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we thank you for your understanding.

We look forward to your next visit at http://www.deepdiscount.com. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at [email protected].

Best regards,
DeepDiscount.com Customer Service

We thought you would like to know...

The item(s) listed below shipped today.

Thank you for your recent order. Due to an overwhelming demand for the item(s)listed, we are temporarily out of stock. If you ordered with a credit card, you will not be charged until the item ships. We expect to receive this merchandise and ship your order within twenty-one days.

If you do not wish to wait, please contact our Customer Service department via email at [email protected] to cancel. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
DeepDiscount.com
Old 12-17-08, 02:14 PM

I'm also confused. I received the cancellation for bottle rocket, chungking express, and the last emperor. Then I received the same email that cleaver received about the demand. I assumed it was some sort of error. Then all of a sudden bottle rocket was in my mail box today but no shirt. According to their website my order for that movie is still being processed.

Last edited by thedeputy04; 12-17-08 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-17-08, 02:35 PM

My order for Bottle Rocket and CE w/T-shirts was also canceled BY DD on 11/10/08. I received a shipping email yesterday as well! I ended up buying them from Amazon and have them already. When I contacted DD, including a "canceled" order attachment from their web site, they replied that they didn't receive my attachment and if I didn't want them, I could return them via the return slip in the box. Right, and pay $5 to send the box back! BS!!!! I'm done with these losers!
Old 12-17-08, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by cleaver
I don't know what the hell is going on.
It appears they don't either.
Old 12-18-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ted Kontos
My order for Bottle Rocket and CE w/T-shirts was also canceled BY DD on 11/10/08. I received a shipping email yesterday as well! I ended up buying them from Amazon and have them already. When I contacted DD, including a "canceled" order attachment from their web site, they replied that they didn't receive my attachment and if I didn't want them, I could return them via the return slip in the box. Right, and pay $5 to send the box back! BS!!!! I'm done with these losers!
I bet you could dispute it with your credit card company. If they canceled, they're saying they aren't going to ship it or charge you. Your deal with them has been cancelled. At this point, you have nothing else to do on that matter. It's over.

When they sent it to you after your contract was over and now they're wanting money, which they already took even though your previous contract was canceled, that really sounds like it could fall into the deal with mail where you get to keep something you didn't request.

The deal for that dvd was canceled. The request was ended. They can't just ignore what they did and send it to you and demand money since you didn't agree to take it after they canceled the order.

While it may be easy just to let things go, why reward DD for being sloppy? If they do it to one person and there's no repercussions, what's their motivation for ensuring it doesn't happen again?

While it was just the price of a DVD and it seems like it shouldn't matter, what if it was something that cost $3,000? You tried to order this expensive product but they canceled the order for whatever reason. You buy the product somewhere else and now spent all your money.

The original place gets some in and decides they'll send it to you anyway, even though your original contract ended. They automatically charge you $3,000 which screws up your bank account and not only that, but they want you to pay to send it back.

I'd call the bank, tell them I tried to order it from DD but they canceled the order and so I got it from somewhere else. DD decided to send it to me even though I didn't request it after the cancellation. I want my money refunded and I'm keeping the item since I didn't request it. If they can prove I placed another order after they canceled it, I'll be willing to pay but that never happened.
Old 12-18-08, 11:28 AM

Received 1,889 Likes on 1,115 Posts
The 3-season pack of Penn & Teller's Bullsh!t I ordered as my wife's Christmas present was back-ordered and finally shipped today. Estimated date of delivery: 12/27/08 - 1/01/09.

Nice.
Old 12-18-08, 12:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ted Kontos
You could also request a shipping label from them since it was their mistake and there would be no cost on your end for the return.
Old 12-18-08, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 145 Likes on 97 Posts
Not really as big a deal as some are making. The disks can be sent back without changing the orbit of the planet.
Old 12-18-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by WillieMLF
Not really as big a deal as some are making. The disks can be sent back without changing the orbit of the planet.
If one gets a bunch of overdraft fees from the bank, one could be upset. You think DD is going to help with that?
Old 12-18-08, 02:22 PM

Did anyone get the their Criterion order from the sale yet? Did you get the t-shirts? No shirts in there for me.
The two Criterion Blu-rays I ordered from DD arrived yesterday accompanied by two shirts. Both shirts were black and XL.
Old 12-18-08, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
It is a big deal, DD does this crap all the time. I like buying from them because they usually have great prices, but I wouldn't tolerate this crap they pull either. Its crazy how they can cancel an order then decide later on that they want to go through with it. Overdraft fees, lost money on returning the item, wasting gas to return it. It gets old really quick.
Old 12-18-08, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SethDLH
It is a big deal, DD does this crap all the time. I like buying from them because they usually have great prices, but I wouldn't tolerate this crap they pull either. Its crazy how they can cancel an order then decide later on that they want to go through with it. Overdraft fees, lost money on returning the item, wasting gas to return it. It gets old really quick.
Exactly. Why should I help them out when they aren't going to ever help me out?
Old 12-19-08, 01:43 PM
Banned

After receiving email confirmations and my credit card being charged for the 4 Criterion BDs, today I get 2 emails stating this:
Thank you for your recent order. Due to an overwhelming demand for the
item(s)listed, we are temporarily out of stock. If you ordered with a credit
card, you will not be charged until the item ships. We expect to receive this
merchandise and ship your order within twenty-one days.

If you do not wish to wait, please contact our Customer Service department via
email at [email protected] to cancel. We apologize for the delay and thank
you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
DeepDiscount.com

30 Day Notice
I'm going tomorrow to the Post Office to see if DD actually delivered the items, but I don't get what the fuck is going on with this e-tailer.
Old 12-19-08, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
I don't know where Family Video ships from in Illinois but I get something shipped media mail it gets here in a few days but with Deep Discount I don't have a clue when I will receive a shipment via media mail.
Old 12-19-08, 02:21 PM
Hex

For those who ordered Criterion BRs with t-shirts: I spoke with a rep there this morning, and got what is encouraging news if it ends up being true. Basically, he said that the shipping notice I got last week was for the disc without the shirt. The "this item has been delayed" notice I got recently was for the shirt only. That's the reason the order is still listed as open: evidently they'll be getting more shirts in eventually and will ship those out as well.

We'll see if it ends up being true, but it would at least help explain some of the anomalies with the various emails and order status updates. Fingers crossed...
Old 12-19-08, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Hex
For those who ordered Criterion BRs with t-shirts: I spoke with a rep there this morning, and got what is encouraging news if it ends up being true. Basically, he said that the shipping notice I got last week was for the disc without the shirt. The "this item has been delayed" notice I got recently was for the shirt only. That's the reason the order is still listed as open: evidently they'll be getting more shirts in eventually and will ship those out as well.

We'll see if it ends up being true, but it would at least help explain some of the anomalies with the various emails and order status updates. Fingers crossed...
Thanks! That makes sense.

Now, try and get an explanation as to why some of my orders remain listed as "Processing--Open" when I called several times and canceled them weeks and weeks ago.

When I talk to the customer rep he replies, "Our system shows that you already canceled that order. It's says "Canceled" here."

(I'd guess there's two different systems and the customer account page is slowly or rarely updated?)
Old 12-19-08, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Hex

I only ordered the one with the shirt because it allowed me to use the coupon (plus it was free so why not), so if I get the DVD I'm good, and if I get the shirt too it's a bonus.
Old 12-20-08, 02:25 PM
Banned

I ordered 2 Third Man BDs, 1 Bottle Rocket BD and 1 Chungking Express BD. Each one had the T-shirt offer. Today I received 1 Third Man, 1 Bottle Rocket and 1 Chungking Express with no T-shirts in a bubble mailer packaging. I sent an email to DD asking about my missing Third Man BD and the T-shirts. Lets see what they respond.
Old 12-20-08, 08:52 PM

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
I just received Third Man, Bottle Rocket, Chungking Express, and Man Who Fell to Earth with no t-shirts.
I don't know whether to open the discs yet or if I should wait until I hear back from a DD rep about the shirts.
But, I guess it's not a big deal if I don't get it. The shirts are really a bonus
Old 12-20-08, 09:50 PM

I never know what's going on with DDD anymore.

I spent $1000 in each of the first three sales with them (kinda wish I didn't now) and they were a good company, had real people to answer a phone and shipped stuff quickly and gave the best prices.

But I stopped shopping with them when they "forgot" to credit me for some returns (They still owe me money that'll I'll never see), forgot to send replacements and forgot how to answer e-mail.

I tried them again with this sale. Ordered four items. Out of them, only one arrived undamaged.

Plus "service" is a joke.

They aren't the company they used to be.
Old 12-20-08, 09:59 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered Sisterhood of the traveling Pants 2, still didn't get it yet. It doesn't seem to be back-ordered according to the site, but mine hasn't shipped yet. This is not a popular disc, so I don't see what the holdup is. I just emailed them back and told them to cancel it, because it was a christmas gift.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.