Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) DD 25% Off Sale- It's DEAD! ENDS 11/24 (merged)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) DD 25% Off Sale- It's DEAD! ENDS 11/24 (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-08, 05:01 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a fuckin' joke. I've been waiting for almost two months now on my order, so I contacted them. It's been taking up to six weeks for stuff to get here, so I was in no big panic. They reply with this:

"We do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. We are showing that your order came back to us as undeliverable on 11/26/08. We issued a full credit of $262.36 back to your card at that time. It may take up to a billing cycle for the credit to show on your statement. You may place a new order for the items at your convenience."

What the hell? "Undeliverable"... what would make it undeliverable?! Now I'm out an important order and to get it I'll have to pay tons more because of the weak Canadian dollar. I'm not too impressed with Deep Discount at all.
Old 12-30-08, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
That happened to me with the summer order. I had moved and was having my mail forwarded. For some reason the package was returned instead of forwarded and I couldn't reorder with the discount.
Old 12-30-08, 05:14 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by WillieMLF
Did anyone get the their Criterion order from the sale yet? Did you get the t-shirts? No shirts in there for me.
Got Chungking, Bottle Rocket, and Third Man BDs with 3 XL shirts with invoice for the price with 20% off.
Old 12-31-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by old-boo-radley

What the hell? "Undeliverable"... what would make it undeliverable?! Now I'm out an important order and to get it I'll have to pay tons more because of the weak Canadian dollar. I'm not too impressed with Deep Discount at all.
Hardly DDs fault if you gave them the correct address. Sounds like your issue is with the post office.
Old 12-31-08, 05:18 PM

Just got my Band of Brothers Blu rays today. Awesome picture!
Old 12-31-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
My copy of bottle rocket came with a shirt.
Old 12-31-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All 5 Criterions shipped today.
Old 01-05-09, 05:13 AM

So they have had their 21 days now, has anyone heard anything yet regarding our Batman Animated orders?

Originally Posted by shaunbul
Ohh what a wonderful none answer from DD- So no answer when.

We are sorry to inform you, the item: DVD: BATMAN-COMPLETE ANIMATED is temporarily out of stock and unavailable to ship. This item will ship as soon as it is available. Unfortunately, we do not have a shipping date for this item.
Old 01-05-09, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts
I've seen this sitting on shelf at target for $85 for a couple weeks on case any one gets desperite to buy it, so check target.
Old 01-05-09, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by whotony
I've seen this sitting on shelf at target for $85 for a couple weeks on case any one gets desperite to buy it, so check target.
I think most people ended up buying it from amazon for $76. It's not hard to find, unless you go to dd
Old 01-05-09, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got my last DVD from them today.....good lord it was packed very crappy. I am lucky and suprised I don't have a floater.
Old 01-05-09, 04:11 PM

Re: (DEAD) DD 25% Off Sale- It's DEAD! ENDS 11/24 (merged)

Since the AUS$ went south that extra $30 buying from Amazon is a very big price increase now.

Originally Posted by whotony
Old 01-08-09, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Man I wonder if all of us that bought BTAS set will ever see this order fulfilled.
Old 01-08-09, 07:30 PM

Well here is my none reply from DD.
Response (mj) - 01/06/2009 05:10 AM
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

Unfortunately, we do not have a shipping date for this item. When more information is available, we will email you. Your credit card account will not be charged until the item is shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
Man I wonder if all of us that bought BTAS set will ever see this order fulfilled.
Old 01-09-09, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 279 Likes on 233 Posts

Probably not, received this e-mail from DD on Thursday:

A few weeks ago, we told you your order would be shipped by now. Unfortunately, the vendor has been unable to deliver the item(s). We are hopeful that the item will be in stock within the next 21 days. We will reserve your item on backorder and ship to you as soon as the product is available. If you ordered with a credit card, you will not be charged until the item ships. If this does not meet with your approval, please contact us at [email protected] to cancel. Again, our apologies for the delay and any inconvenience you may have experienced. Best regards, DeepDiscount.com Customer Service

60 Day Notice Item # Description WBD041034 DVD : BATMAN-COMPLETE ANIMATED SERIES, T

I only want the set if I can get it for the price I paid during the sale (around $56), so I can care less if DD ends up shipping me the dvd set 3 months from now. As long as they do not cancel the order without my say-so, I will leave it open, but I will probably get a notice 21 days later that they are cancelling the order because they no longer expect to get it back in stock (whether or not it is truly OOP).
Old 01-09-09, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why doesn't DD just order a ton of them from Amazon?
Old 01-09-09, 03:32 PM

Well I have just fired off an email asking that the charge me only the shipping cost of what they have dispatched, rather the the total order. Given that the order consisted of only two item, one $45 and one $75, I think it is unreasonable that I've had to pay $16.95 in shipping when they have only been able to dispatch the cheaper item. Hopefully they will refund me the $8 over charging and as requested re-charge that extra amount when the item does become available for dispatch. If they dont then I'm not sure what recourse I have given that I live in Australia.

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
Probably not, received this e-mail from DD on Thursday:

A few weeks ago, we told you your order would be shipped by now. Unfortunately, the vendor has been unable to deliver the item(s). We are hopeful that the item will be in stock within the next 21 days. We will reserve your item on backorder and ship to you as soon as the product is available. If you ordered with a credit card, you will not be charged until the item ships. If this does not meet with your approval, please contact us at [email protected] to cancel. Again, our apologies for the delay and any inconvenience you may have experienced. Best regards, DeepDiscount.com Customer Service

60 Day Notice Item # Description WBD041034 DVD : BATMAN-COMPLETE ANIMATED SERIES, T

I only want the set if I can get it for the price I paid during the sale (around $56), so I can care less if DD ends up shipping me the dvd set 3 months from now. As long as they do not cancel the order without my say-so, I will leave it open, but I will probably get a notice 21 days later that they are cancelling the order because they no longer expect to get it back in stock (whether or not it is truly OOP).
Old 01-10-09, 03:52 PM

Just received 2 emails from deepdiscount cancelling my 2 backorders, one being Batman Complete TAS which they listed as being discontinued by the manufacturer. I wonder if its worth getting a set from amazon, or waiting to see if its available at a good price elsewhere in the future. Decisions, decisions.
Old 01-10-09, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have some bad news for you guys. Just received a cancellation email from DDD stating the item is no long available from the manufacturer. What a crock of shit! How is it available at every other retailer but DDD?
Old 01-10-09, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have some bad news for you guys. Just received a cancellation email from DDD stating the item is no long available from the manufacturer. What a crock of shit! How is it available at every other retailer but DDD?
DVDPlanet is also still out.
Old 01-10-09, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

How is it available at every other retailer but DDD?
* DDD might have underestimated the demand for that one, or been limited to the quantity they could order.
* During the sale they sold it for ~30 bucks less than the cheapest competitor, so it's not surprising they sold out. Not to cast aspersions, but they might be thinking, "Hmm, reorder and fulfill all these orders from the sale that we'll lose money on, or just report it as 'discontinued'?" Also why they don't order from Amazon, they'd lose thirty bucks a set.

Reminds me of the joke...
Woman goes to the butcher's and asks for filet mignon.
"That'll be 10.00/pound."
"Ten dollars a pound! The guy down the street sells it for six!"
"Why not buy it from him then?"
"He's out of it."
"Oh, well, when I'm out of it, it's five dollars a pound."

Anyway...I ended up getting this for Christmas, my wife got it at Suncoast with a coupon so it was about the same price as Amazon, and didn't have to risk shipping. I kept my DD order open for a while.

Before Christmas my BJ's had two or three copies for the same price as Amazon, on the top of their DVD rack, with tons of other oddly shaped box sets. After Christmas, they have none, and most of the box sets are gone except for some Bluray Dark Knight with the cycle, and I Am Legend box sets.
Old 01-11-09, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dtcarson
Also why they don't order from Amazon, they'd lose thirty bucks a set.
They would have lost that anyway if they filled the orders themselves. They should do it to as a good will gesture to all the customers who have been waiting.
Old 01-11-09, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by old-boo-radley
Folks sure do get worked up over a few DVDs, makes you wonder what happens more serious in one's life. I have been doing business with DDD for years, and as long as I gave them the correct address, I got my stuff; it's a very simple process.
Old 01-11-09, 06:48 PM

I got the same e-mail today and a second one informing me that they have refunded my shipping cost. Well atleast I'm not out of pocket too much, except exchange rates.

Originally Posted by stronghold7000
Just received 2 emails from deepdiscount cancelling my 2 backorders, one being Batman Complete TAS which they listed as being discontinued by the manufacturer. I wonder if its worth getting a set from amazon, or waiting to see if its available at a good price elsewhere in the future. Decisions, decisions.
Old 01-16-09, 07:30 AM

I received my cancellation also on the Batman TAS set. I know I'm a week late on this but I placed my order on a hotmail account I rarely check. It was an impulse buy cause of the sale. Can't blame DD they had alot of orders and the company stopped making the set. Just not sure I want to drop around $80 for it on Amazon.