Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Star Wars already being sold at Target

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-08, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star Wars already being sold at Target

New Colelctor's set sare on the floor here in Minneapolis. Asked the clerk who said they were directed to put them out this week. May want to check stores in your city.
Old 10-30-08, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Saw them both at the Hayward CA location as well.
Old 10-30-08, 10:44 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Anything new with this edition?
Old 10-30-08, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Anything new with this edition?
Flyer advertising the next DVD re-release
Old 10-30-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by domino harvey
Old 10-30-08, 11:05 AM

i heard somewhere they are in slimcases?
Old 10-30-08, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, so Im not really suposed to be telling all this.. But, oh well I had a good run.

Lucas NEEDS MONEY. Its a secret and very few know and fewer still know all.

On Skywalker Ranch, Lucas has some plans in action...

he's working on building a, to scale, completly functioning Deathstar.

Why else did you think Gas prices were so high earlier on?? DUH-he was using all the fuel to get this thing up and running..
Amazingly, it actually takes alot of fuel to get a giant moon-sized metal object out of the planets gravitational pull !..

Anyways,, so now he's got the fuel held back, that part is done.

Also, have you noticed there isnt as much talk about hobo's anymore? Whatever the hell happened to bindles? Yeah same question I've been asking...that is.. until I poked my nose to far into Lucas' affairs.. Lets just say he's giving guys food and clothing...that is.. if you call white and black plasticy-looking full bodysuit armor, clothing...

It makes perfect sense once you think about it....ok actually it makes no sense,, BUT,,IF you KNOW Lucas then the fact that it makes NO sense ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE!!!

Hey,, who are you? How did you get in here? I'll have you know this is a Private residence! Hey! Thats my toaster! You cant do that!! Sir you better believe your going to get a bill for,, ashtawythgays,.bn.gs'b; gtarnj//

Help d jtgjhg1€!!!!

Lu
c
as
gh
gj h

b

(guy choking me)

ghfjgh

dead.
Old 10-30-08, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bledfordays
i heard somewhere they are in slimcases?

Yup! Saw the prequel set just now. Three slimcases in a cardboard box.

I'd love to trade in my DVDs for these slim cases, but I'm not doing another rebuy until Blu-ray.
Old 10-30-08, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by domino harvey
ROTF sounds about right!
Old 10-30-08, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by foofighters7
Ok, so Im not really suposed to be telling all this.. But, oh well I had a good run.

Lucas NEEDS MONEY. Its a secret and very few know and fewer still know all.

On Skywalker Ranch, Lucas has some plans in action...

he's working on building a, to scale, completly functioning Deathstar.

Why else did you think Gas prices were so high earlier on?? DUH-he was using all the fuel to get this thing up and running..
Amazingly, it actually takes alot of fuel to get a giant moon-sized metal object out of the planets gravitational pull !..

Anyways,, so now he's got the fuel held back, that part is done.

Also, have you noticed there isnt as much talk about hobo's anymore? Whatever the hell happened to bindles? Yeah same question I've been asking...that is.. until I poked my nose to far into Lucas' affairs.. Lets just say he's giving guys food and clothing...that is.. if you call white and black plasticy-looking full bodysuit armor, clothing...

It makes perfect sense once you think about it....ok actually it makes no sense,, BUT,,IF you KNOW Lucas then the fact that it makes NO sense ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE!!!

Hey,, who are you? How did you get in here? I'll have you know this is a Private residence! Hey! Thats my toaster! You cant do that!! Sir you better believe your going to get a bill for,, ashtawythgays,.bn.gs'b; gtarnj//

Help d jtgjhg1€!!!!

Lu
c
as
gh
gj h

b

(guy choking me)

ghfjgh

dead.

This is funny?
Old 10-30-08, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by darthdelegate
This is funny?
I have a feeling Mr. Darth Delegate...if that is your REAL name was probably with Mr. Lucas and Mr. Spielberg a few weeks ago when they decided to make a cameo on South Park??

hehe

for some reason I picture you posting saying something like "Worst Post Ever", as you don a Jar Jar T-shirt.

jk,jk.. no was just wasting time. funny or not I dont care.

Bottom line, I cannot POSSIBLY understand why these are coming out other than to be out for the Holiday season, tricking unsuspecting goofy Star Wars fans into making yet another purchase...

Im a Star Wars fan, but seriously, has Lucas ever heard of Overkill? How about that bloody Retarded Star Wars animated crapfest that came out awhile back??

I checked and see nothing extra on these releases that make them worth buying, thats for sure!

Last edited by foofighters7; 10-30-08 at 12:41 PM. Reason: cause
Old 10-30-08, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Saw them in Charleston WV also.
Old 10-30-08, 01:11 PM
Zbu

I'm very tempted since I don't have any of the movies on DVD yet. I gotta think about this now.
Old 10-30-08, 01:38 PM

I resisted when Lucas finally relented and included non-anamorphic theatrical cuts on dvd, I think I'll just wait for bluray now.

Unless of course these sets hit dirt cheap, which they should as dvd begins to wane.
Old 10-30-08, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw this at my Target on Tuesday as well. I didn't realize it was early though. No interest. I already have em, like most of us probably do...
Old 10-30-08, 03:00 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
I have a feeling Mr. Darth Delegate...if that is your REAL name was probably with Mr. Lucas and Mr. Spielberg a few weeks ago when they decided to make a cameo on South Park??

hehe

for some reason I picture you posting saying something like "Worst Post Ever", as you don a Jar Jar T-shirt.

Bottom line, I cannot POSSIBLY understand why these are coming out other than to be out for the Holiday season, tricking unsuspecting goofy Star Wars fans into making yet another purchase...

Im a Star Wars fan, but seriously, has Lucas ever heard of Overkill? How about that bloody Retarded Star Wars animated crapfest that came out awhile back??

I checked and see nothing extra on these releases that make them worth buying, thats for sure!
Old 10-30-08, 03:55 PM

idk for the slimcases and for the boxes, i think i might just trade in my existing copies...
Old 10-30-08, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
Four grey stars!
Old 10-30-08, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is funny?
No it isn't.

hehe

Neither is this.

Guess what? You don't have to buy these. *GASP* I know! Shocking isn't it?

There's some people out there who'd like the Prequel Trilogy in a box set next to the OT box set. And hell if they wanna make a new OT box set that matches(well a lil bit) the Prequel Trilogy that's fine with me.
Old 10-30-08, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kicker_of_Elves
No it isn't.

Neither is this.

Guess what? You don't have to buy these. *GASP* I know! Shocking isn't it?

There's some people out there who'd like the Prequel Trilogy in a box set next to the OT box set. And hell if they wanna make a new OT box set that matches(well a lil bit) the Prequel Trilogy that's fine with me.
only thing is i think its been confirmed that the new boxsets are all slimcases?
Old 10-30-08, 07:26 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

How about that bloody Retarded Star Wars animated crapfest that came out awhile back??
I actually quite liked the animated Clone Wars (movie and series). It's what the prequel trilogy SHOULD have been. More evidence that the less involved Lucas himself is, the better the results.
Old 10-30-08, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 600 Likes on 433 Posts
Originally Posted by project86
Four grey stars!
there is 5 stars
Old 10-30-08, 07:30 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

For everyone bashing Lucas for re-re-re-releasing the trilogy in yet another almost identical set, I say to you he is FAR from the worst offender. Come on, how many different versions are out there of Evil Dead 1,2, and 3(Army/Darkness)?? How many billion versions of Halloween? What about EVERY title Universal has ever put out, with their regular version, then special edition, collector's edition, Ultimate edition....
Old 10-30-08, 08:13 PM

This is funny?
No. It's the usual lame Lucas bashing garbage that occurs all the time.

It's hip and cool to bash him. And to ignore all the groundbreaking things he's done for the film industry.

So much so that people whine and cry about simple re-releases that they don't have to buy.
Old 10-30-08, 08:16 PM

You realize the re-release is cause stores wanted a new edition to sell alongside the Clone Wars DVD/Blu-Ray that comes out this month. Or did you forget that little tidbit when you were rushing to start bashing Lucas.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.