Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Blu-Ray Player + 4 BR Discs for < $200 at Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-08, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by conehead433
I would have bought a Panasonic DMP-BD55K but having to pay ~$20 each for 4 Blu-ray movies killed the deal for me. I'll continue to rent BDs. I guess I'm spoiled since I have multiple HD DVD players and have been buying titles for cheap. And the same titles don't look any better on Blu.
They might not look any better but quite a few of them sound a lot better.
Old 11-18-08, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Sent LG 6 e-mails and nothing from them regarding the rebate. Did you contact them in any way?
No just responded to the email below they sent about a week ago. I emailed the info they requested and a jpeg of my receipt.

Dear Kahuna, Thank you for your email regarding the LG BH200. LG has provided several software upgrades for the BH200 that enable powerful new functionality including BonusView and audio performance improvements. However, LG is not planning a firmware upgrade to activate BD Live functionality in the foreseeable future. As a consumer electronics leader, LG is committed to its customers and we are offering $75 cash back for any inconvenience this has caused. In order to receive your $75 check, please submit your name, address, daytime phone number, serial number and a copy of your sales receipt to: [email protected] ATTN: BH200 Rebate or fax to 256-774-8668 If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at 800-243-0000 at your convenience. E-mail Administrator Customer Interactive Center LGEAI. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by calling 256-772-0623. Thank you.
Old 11-20-08, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iamiam
http://www.videobusiness.com/article...?desc=topstory

On the hardware side, K-mart is expected to offer Sony’s BD Live-ready BDP-S350 stand-alone player on Thanksgiving Day for $179.99, according to ads. The retailer’s sister Sears chain will similarly roll out the same player for that price.
I am all over that deal for the S350.