DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   "Meta" shopping sites advice (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/542004-meta-shopping-sites-advice.html)

cinemaphile 10-20-08 01:18 PM

"Meta" shopping sites advice

I've heard people mention these "meta" shopping sites where you can earn cash back by going thru them.

What sites are out there? Do some offer more than others? Are there restrictions? Which is best?

Trevor 10-20-08 01:48 PM

Talk of them is often frowned on, or edited/delted, since dvdtalk only stays in business because of the referral links that we click on to buy our dvds.

Occasional mentions in threads might be ok, but an entire thread devoted to them might be a bit much.

Not sure of the site's "rule" enforcement of this since the buy-out. Any mods/admins with clarification?

cinemaphile 10-20-08 01:55 PM

OH! thanks, and sorry if I'm breaking the rules. I had no idea! (relative newbie here)

Trevor 10-20-08 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by cinemaphile (Post 9016728)
OH! thanks, and sorry if I'm breaking the rules. I had no idea! (relative newbie here)

Don't take my post as gospel; maybe an admin or mod will respond.

No need to apologize, must people don't read the FAQ/member rules when joining the website, and this little matter may not even be mentioned in them.

Welcome!

CritterYawn 10-20-08 06:43 PM

There are lists of such "meta" sites, evreward is one of them.

pilot 10-20-08 10:15 PM

Discuss away.

John*D 10-21-08 12:11 AM

I personally use:

Live.com
Fatwallet.com
Cashbaq.com
******.com (the site that shant be named)

It's fairly straightfoward, and each site has it's own rules, but it's pretty much the same thing. Use their links and in 60-90 days you'll get the cashback. What's great about these sites is that you can still use the online retailer specific coupons/deals and save a bundle. They all pretty much payout through Paypal (with no additional charge) and offer the ability for payout by check for a fee, and some require a minimum balance before you can cashout.

In regards to a few places for home video purchases...

Live.com can have anywhere from 8-30% off BIN purchases at ebay.com when using Paypal.

Cashbaq.com has 4% from DVDplanet.com and Live.com has 4% for Deepdiscount.com... Making the semi-annual unspoken sale that much sweeter! Have fun and save $$.

g 10-21-08 12:59 AM

the most reliable ones are live.com and fatwallet.com and *********.com
I've been having a hard time getting reliable reporting from cashbaq and ebat++

That'sAllFolks 10-21-08 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by John*D (Post 9017966)
I personally use:

Live.com
Fatwallet.com
Cashbaq.com
******.com (the site that shant be named)
They all pretty much payout through Paypal (with no additional charge)

When you say "no additional charge" does that also refer to paypal fees for accepting a payment? My account charges fees everytime I receive a payment (like from eBay, etc).

I would like to know generally and for LIve.com especially b/c I have a pretty good chunk of rebates coming!

pilot 10-21-08 09:04 AM

I got like $40 from live.com so far and my Paypal account didn't take any money from it (Paypal usually takes money when people send me it, so I guess they pick the option which doesn't cause fees to get taken)

beebs 10-21-08 12:00 PM

Some high points, currently, with Cashback --

eBay, 30% from live.com, Buy It Now only (lots of limits/rules)
DeepDiscount, B1G1 deals receive live.com cashback (4%) for both items, usually doubling cashback (8% effective)

-beebs