Reload this Page >

All store exclusives and freebies - 10/12/08 to 10/18/08

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 10-11-08, 11:53 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; We'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals
tons of free movie deals at various retailers, see the above linked thread for full details

Best Buy -
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - gift set includes 2 disc SE, Skull statue, $25 slideshow collectibles giftcard
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - free M&Ms bag with any version
free Buffy cast reunion DVD with select purchases

Target -
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - packaged in 80 page art book (Blu Ray or 2 disc DVD versions)
Sarah Silverman Season 2 Volume 1 - bonus DVD with two episodes of Lewis Black's Root of All Evil

Circuit City -
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 2 lithographs (case sized)

Wal Mart / Sam's Club -
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - lenticular cover
first Indy trilogy releases - lenticular covers and free ringtone card

K-Mart/Sears -
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 4 Indy Lego posters

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC -
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - steelbook
WWE Hell in the Cell Box Set - limited/#'ed busts of Kane or the Undertaker

Barnes and Noble -
5 new releases highlighting pilot episodes of 70s-90s TV shows, $14.99 each, 4+ episodes per title, found links to two of them so far, in store in separate display touting B&N exclusivity
Forever Funny
Crime and Punishment
Holiday
Action Packed
Beyond the Ordinary

Borders -
Indy set of all 4 movies with fedora

Costco -
I searched and found nothing new

GameStop / MovieStop - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster -
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - comic book

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Toys-R-Us -
I searched and found nothing new

The Disney Store - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Meijers - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Acme / Albertson's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food / Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Fred Meyer - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Canadian Exclusives -
Futureshop
* Indiana Jones 4 DVD steelbook
* Indiana Jones 4 Blu-Ray steelbook

Bestbuy Canada
* Indiana Jones 4 DVD w/ crystal skull bust & giftcard
* Indiana Jones 4 Blu-Rayw/ crystal skull bust & giftcard

Last edited by Trevor; 10-18-08 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-11-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INDY 2 disc SE Steelbook at FYE
Old 10-11-08, 10:05 PM

Futureshop
* Indiana Jones 4 DVD steelbook
* Indiana Jones 4 Blu-Ray steelbook

Bestbuy Canada
* Indiana Jones 4 DVD w/ crystal skull bust & giftcard
* Indiana Jones 4 Blu-Rayw/ crystal skull bust & giftcard
Old 10-11-08, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Borders
Indy box set w/Official fedora
Old 10-11-08, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FangsFirst View Post
dang you! i thought you had a pic up
Old 10-12-08, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dont forget the free M&M's at BB w/ Indy DVD. Oooh boy.
Old 10-12-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio View Post
dang you! i thought you had a pic up
I'm probably skirting some bizarre rule as is by even mentioning it (let's not get into whether that makes sense, k? haha) and I think I'd be in big trouble if I took and posted pictures :S
(whether anyone'd know....who knows, but, better safe than sorry)
Old 10-12-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kmart will have 4 Indy Lego posters, and Circuit City will have 2 lithographs. I'm torn between the BB exclusive crystal skull, or the lithographs. The pic in the ad of the lithographs was way too small to see much, plus the size wasn't mentioned...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 10-13-08 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-12-08, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by FangsFirst View Post
I'm probably skirting some bizarre rule as is by even mentioning it (let's not get into whether that makes sense, k? haha) and I think I'd be in big trouble if I took and posted pictures :S
(whether anyone'd know....who knows, but, better safe than sorry)
yeah im just giving you a hard time

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Kmart will have 4 Indy Lego posters, and Circuit City will have 2 lithographs. Target just has exclusive packaging, nothing special. I'm torn between the BB exclusive crystal skull, or the lithographs. The pic in the ad of the lithographs was way too small to see much, plus the size wasn't mentioned...
i thought tarjay had an exclusive book with fancy pictures inside that packaging?
Old 10-12-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i thought tarjay had an exclusive book with fancy pictures inside that packaging?
Yes, the Target exclusive is more than just packaging. It does include an 80-page book:

It looks nice. I may actually be picking mine up at Target. By the way, if you have a Papa John's Pizza, with any pizza purchase, they are giving a $3.00 Coupon off the purchase of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull DVD.
Old 10-12-08, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan View Post
INDY 2 disc SE Steelbook at FYE
Do they have a Blu-Ray steelbook too, or is it just the standard DVD?
Old 10-13-08, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My bad. I totally missed that... Now I can't decide where to buy it. Darn it!
Old 10-13-08, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mijorico View Post
FYE has done a lot of steelbooks, but I've never seen them do a Blu-Ray steelbook. I suppose there could be a first for everything, but I'm skeptical...
Old 10-13-08, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

'scool, just hate to disappoint
(and so would if I could, but honestly the packaging really isn't anything exciting)
Old 10-13-08, 03:45 AM

I had a hard time deciding wither I'd buy Best Buy Indiana Jones: KOTCS w/the Crystal Skull or the Target exclusive with the book. Now that I heard the BB set comes with a free bag of M&M's, I'm set.
Old 10-13-08, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by mijorico View Post
No Blu-ray Steelbook. DVD only.

FYE/TWEC stores also have the Exclusive WWE Hell in the Cell Box Set w/ Limited/#'ed busts of KANE or the UNDERTAKER.
Old 10-13-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Unless someone has a bonus disc that I haven't heard about, I guess Target will probably get my Indy purchase...
Old 10-13-08, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do i use my $20 toys r us gift card tommorow at the store for Indy 4?
Old 10-13-08, 11:28 PM

I'm definitely getting the Crystal Skull Bust, the Target book, and the FYE steelbook. I'm not too crazy about the rest of the exclusives.

Anyone know if there's anything at Walmart, Costco, or Barne's and Noble's?

I actually hope not. I'm ok buying this movie 3 times for those exclusives. But that's it. I bought Transformers 8 times and I still can't believe it.
Old 10-14-08, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by RD1973 View Post
I'm definitely getting the Crystal Skull Bust, the Target book, and the FYE steelbook. I'm not too crazy about the rest of the exclusives.

Anyone know if there's anything at Walmart, Costco, or Barne's and Noble's?

I actually hope not. I'm ok buying this movie 3 times for those exclusives. But that's it. I bought Transformers 8 times and I still can't believe it.
holy shit, I wish I had that kind of money.
Old 10-14-08, 03:23 PM

Walmart has a lenticular cover to match the previous 3 lenticular covers they released.

Blockbuster comes with the original trilogy lenticular covers, but not the one for Crystal Skull, go figure.
Old 10-14-08, 07:32 PM

Blockbuster has a free comic book with Indy this week. It's the same content as part one of the KOTCS adaptation from Dark Horse this past summer, albeit with a new cover. I also checked Toys "R" Us, Barnes & Noble and Costco yet found nothing, though it's possible the locations I checked might have been shorted.

FYI, the Indy Lego "posters" are actually quite small, less than the size of the keepcase and shrinkwrapped to the back of the package. Same goes for the Circuit City "lithographs," which are keepcase-sized cardstock storyboard images, also shrinkwrapped to the package.

Lastly, while not DVD-centric exclusives, Wal-Mart has 2 new Indy action figure 3-packs. The sets are exclusive to Wal-Mart, though the figures themselvs are the same as those sold individually on cards. Anyway, just FYI.
Old 10-14-08, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ajay C View Post
Blockbuster has a free comic book with Indy this week. It's the same content as part one of the KOTCS adaptation from Dark Horse this past summer, albeit with a new cover. I also checked Toys "R" Us, Barnes & Noble and Costco yet found nothing, though it's possible the locations I checked might have been shorted.

FYI, the Indy Lego "posters" are actually quite small, less than the size of the keepcase and shrinkwrapped to the back of the package. Same goes for the Circuit City "lithographs," which are keepcase-sized cardstock storyboard images, also shrinkwrapped to the package.

Lastly, while not DVD-centric exclusives, Wal-Mart has 2 new Indy action figure 3-packs. The sets are exclusive to Wal-Mart, though the figures themselvs are the same as those sold individually on cards. Anyway, just FYI.

I passed on the CC lithographs (they are really small and just as I suspected, they are both on Disc 2 in the galleries section).

I got the Skull bust, the steelbook and the Target book. All three are awesome.

I went to Border's to check out the hat too. Its a huge box, but feels like there's nothing in there. In any case, no way was I spending $110.00 on it.
Old 10-15-08, 06:34 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts
9 chains hit, updates made.
Old 10-15-08, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any info on the Sarah Silverman bonus at Target? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.