DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   inetvideo.com HD-DVD SALE (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/540167-inetvideo-com-hd-dvd-sale.html)

JoeySeven 09-22-08 01:57 AM

inetvideo.com HD-DVD SALE

inetvideo.com

HD-DVD on sale starting at $5.99.
Some are combo HD and DVD too.
out of alot of stuff though,shipping is kind of high.

I got these 2 only because I'm a fan BSG.can't beat that price.

Alpha Dog (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) $5.99

Battlestar Galactica - Season One (HD DVD) (Boxset) 6 disc $19.99

shipping almost $10 bucks:-(

Marwan 09-22-08 02:17 AM

yea, not quite a "sale" per say, those are there normal prices, their stock on some items comes and goes, gotta check frequently.. they have free shipping deals every now and then, usually ties in with some holiday.

MAILSAVE20 for 20% off shipping until the 24th

darkside 09-22-08 07:12 AM

Just be prepaired that your Battlestar Galactica set will be damaged beyond repair. I asked for replacement discs from Universal weeks ago and have yet to receive the mailer to return them.

Gizmo 09-22-08 09:26 AM

My Battlestar set arrived perfect from iNetVideo

JoeySeven 09-22-08 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Marwan (Post 8954271)
yea, not quite a "sale" per say, those are there normal prices, their stock on some items comes and goes, gotta check frequently.. they have free shipping deals every now and then, usually ties in with some holiday.

MAILSAVE20 for 20% off shipping until the 24th

Damn I was looking fro promo code yesterday.
Thanks for posting this though,others might use it.

Originally Posted by darkside (Post 8954337)
Just be prepaired that your Battlestar Galactica set will be damaged beyond repair. I asked for replacement discs from Universal weeks ago and have yet to receive the mailer to return them.

They have it listed as new,but I'll post as soon as I get it and say if I'm happy or not with the set.

Also
they have VHS tapes :-)
80% off fitness DVD's :-)

and I really don't like the why they list theirs HD's ,I couldn't tell if HD and DVD pack.
So I emailed them,and last night I seen they started using "COMBO" in their listings now. :-)

Or I missed it the first time. ;-(

Marwan 09-22-08 01:38 PM

np.. if you already ordered, just contact their live support and they'll probably adjust it for you, their support is pretty good.

darkside 09-22-08 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 8954549)
My Battlestar set arrived perfect from iNetVideo

I should note iNet has nothing to do with it. Some of these sets were badly damaged with circular scratches in the factory. You won't know until you get it.

Gizmo 09-22-08 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by darkside (Post 8955232)
I should note iNet has nothing to do with it. Some of these sets were badly damaged with circular scratches in the factory. You won't know until you get it.

Oh yeah, of course. Just saying that not all sets arrived damaged - mine went from Canada to California and was minty mint. Just like my Star Trek Season 1 HD DVD set went from the UK to California in a bubble envelope and arrived perfect, yet all the ones at Best Buy are cracked and smashed.

kenbuzz 09-28-08 11:25 PM

If only someone has started an inetvideo thread a while back, so folks who were looking for cheap HD-DVDs would have known about them...

yellowlt4 09-29-08 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by kenbuzz (Post 8970153)
If only someone has started an inetvideo thread a while back, so folks who were looking for cheap HD-DVDs would have known about them...

I hear ya :)

JoeySeven 09-29-08 03:46 AM

Looks like they have more HD-DVD in stock now.

and

10% off shipping rates on orders over $25

but their rates are kind of high,or I would order more.

I think its $4 for first video,then $2 for the next 4.

JoeySeven 10-02-08 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by JoeySeven (Post 8954257)
inetvideo.com

HD-DVD on sale starting at $5.99.
Some are combo HD and DVD too.
out of alot of stuff though,shipping is kind of high.

I got these 2 only because I'm a fan BSG.can't beat that price.

Alpha Dog (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) $5.99

Battlestar Galactica - Season One (HD DVD) (Boxset) 6 disc $19.99

shipping almost $10 bucks:-(

got my order in the last week,disc all look and play fine.Brand new.

Just so everyone knows,the combo HD-DVD and DVD is just one disc.
HD one one side and DVD on the other.Well thats the way it was with Alpha Dog.

I did another order and with shipping it comes out to about $8 a HD-DVD.
I think there going for more on ebay.

stronghold7000 10-03-08 09:38 AM

They also have some good deals on new dvds, priced $3-$6 (a lot of Stallone, Seagal, Eastwood, Lundgren, Norris, Van Damme, etc)

I picked up Kuffs and the Specials for less than $4 each. Yeah, the shipping is high, but worth it if there are some titles you have been looking for I think.

JoeySeven 10-13-08 02:03 AM

10% off shipping on orders over $25

A lot more $5.99 HD-DVD's added.

Mission Impossible - Ultimate Missions Collection (HD DVD) (Boxset) (HD DVD)
Price: $19.99 (NEW)

I might have too do another order.
Anyone else buying here?
I think only Fry's is lower in price on HD-DVD.

They also have a few Blu-Rays for under $10

That'sAllFolks 10-13-08 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by JoeySeven (Post 9000588)

A lot more $5.99 HD-DVD's added.

Mission Impossible - Ultimate Missions Collection (HD DVD) (Boxset) (HD DVD)
Price: $19.99 (NEW)

I might have too do another order.
Anyone else buying here?
I think only Fry's is lower in price on HD-DVD.

They also have a few Blu-Rays for under $10

I saw that and 10% off the shipping is like .40, which is not really even worth fooling with.

Unless they are talking about 10% off product, but that's not what it says.

ENDContra 10-14-08 10:10 AM

Any chance they may do a free shipping weekend in the near future? Theres a bunch Id like to get, but would really like to hold out for free shipping if it comes anytime soon. Its still a good deal regardless, just not a smokin deal like when they did free shipping.

iamiam 10-14-08 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 9000858)
I saw that and 10% off the shipping is like .40, which is not really even worth fooling with.

Unless they are talking about 10% off product, but that's not what it says.

I've always found this bizarre as well :confused: We charge so much for shipping, we're going to do a promotion to give you 10% off our outrageous shipping charge! Yes, you heard correctly, 10% off shipping! :lol:

kenbenobi 10-14-08 11:02 AM

I agree. I added 6 titles to my cart, and shipping came out to like $2.60 EACH. That's the most worthless promotion I've ever seen...
Frys.com has a lot of cheap HD-DVD's right now (two as low as $2.99 and 3.99, several for 5.99 and 6.99). They have Zodiac for 11.99, which was cheap enough for me. That title is hard to find a bargain on... I bought 7 titles, and shipping was $6.64 total.

Viper187 10-14-08 10:53 PM

I'd like to know why the hell The Game is still so expensive to buy new at most places. It's still not scheduled for BD release and it's one of the only HD-DVDs that hasn't dropped drastically. Even half.com is $10-$15 minimum Amazon still wants $14 for this shit. What gives? Can we hope for a fire sale on black friday or what? The only 2 HD-DVDs I still need are The Game and that T2 Steelbook. I don't see either taking a nose dive in price like others have, and I don't see suitable BD replacements in the works. Part of me wants to upgrade a bunch of my other DVDs to HD-DVD since they'll be half the price of BD versions, but I worry about not having a player someday if they don't keep making dual format ones like they should.

DVD Polizei 10-15-08 12:25 AM

At this point, the prices of HD DVDs are more for those collecting them. Yes, it would be nice if they all were a dollar each, but waiting until they are, and hoping they don't become discontinued, is a dilemma. Personally, inetvideo still has ok prices, even with their shipping charges, and I just bought 7 more a few days ago, which average $8.44 a piece. When they do a free shipping in the future, I'll only have a few more to get, and then I'm done.

Hopefully Amazon will just call it and blow out all HD DVDs. Why Amazon and others are still hanging on to them is just insane, because people like me are buying them elsewhere, and Amazon will be left holding a bag of discs nobody needs because of all the other sales.

I just purchased my first two Blu movies, and it felt pretty good.

Viper187, I'd highly recommend you buy an LG HD DVD / Blu-ray combo player for your computer so you can at least rip the movie and transcode it to a blu-ray disc in the future, or play it via the LG player and output to your HDTV.

RM811 10-15-08 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 9004814)
I'd like to know why the hell The Game is still so expensive to buy new at most places. It's still not scheduled for BD release and it's one of the only HD-DVDs that hasn't dropped drastically. Even half.com is $10-$15 minimum Amazon still wants $14 for this shit. What gives? Can we hope for a fire sale on black friday or what? The only 2 HD-DVDs I still need are The Game and that T2 Steelbook. I don't see either taking a nose dive in price like others have, and I don't see suitable BD replacements in the works. Part of me wants to upgrade a bunch of my other DVDs to HD-DVD since they'll be half the price of BD versions, but I worry about not having a player someday if they don't keep making dual format ones like they should.

I have the T2 Steelbook that I would consider getting rid of. How much are you willing to offer for it?