Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

30% off new & used DVDs/CDs @ wherehouse.com

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

30% off new & used DVDs/CDs @ wherehouse.com

Old 09-18-08, 08:46 PM
  #1  
TGM
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
TGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,600
Received 260 Likes on 166 Posts
30% off new & used DVDs/CDs @ wherehouse.com

code WH919 at checkout

four days only, 9/19 - 9/22
Old 09-18-08, 09:29 PM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 223
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks OP!!!!

Last edited by liquidevil; 09-19-08 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-18-08, 09:39 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered Iron Man and the Ultimate Comedy Collection BluRay for $68.17.

Thanks OP
Old 09-18-08, 10:21 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 7,035
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
what's the difference between wherehouse and secondspin? their sites look identical. are they owned by the same people?
Old 09-18-08, 10:29 PM
  #5  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 11,974
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
what's the difference between wherehouse and secondspin? their sites look identical. are they owned by the same people?
They are part of the FYE group but secondspin only sells use stuff.
Old 09-18-08, 10:41 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks op!! just order 15 movies
Old 09-18-08, 10:55 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 7,035
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bubba9004 View Post
Thanks op!! just order 15 movies
what did they charge for shipping?
Old 09-18-08, 10:59 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 18,090
Likes: 0
Received 178 Likes on 133 Posts
^ According to their site, shipping is $3.49 for the first title then $1.00 for each additional title.
Old 09-18-08, 11:06 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 673
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome, I was about to order from them anyway. I've had close to 30 bucks in credit sitting in my account for months there, that, for some reason, they wouldn't just refund back onto my debit card.
Old 09-18-08, 11:06 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 7,035
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cardsfan111 View Post
^ According to their site, shipping is $3.49 for the first title then $1.00 for each additional title.
thanks, i was wondering if the coupon included free shipping like the secondspin coupon...or hoping i should say
Old 09-18-08, 11:13 PM
  #11  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
what did they charge for shipping?
I'm kicking my self for this, I had to place 2 orders. as I got wrapped up in being able to pick up some of the reg dvds I needed for the wife and didn't realize I could do preorders.
The 1st order for 10 dvd's was $11.49 shipping +$4.45 tax (I'm guessing they must have a store here in MO.)
The 2nd order for 3 Blu's (10 discs) was $5.49 shipping +$5.07 tax.
Old 09-18-08, 11:27 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 3,394
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, TallGuyMe! I just can't stop ordering things recently.
Old 09-19-08, 12:33 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,107
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dx23 View Post
They are part of the FYE group but secondspin only sells use stuff.
Their prices on used tend to be a bit higher than secondspin for some reason. No cheap Rome or Deadwood on there.
Old 09-19-08, 12:47 AM
  #14  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good price on the Band of Brothers pre-order with the discount, about 49 dollars before shipping..
Old 09-19-08, 01:10 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 7,035
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
just found a good deal i thought i'd point out...

the outer limits original series complete box set (7 discs) - 41.99...$30 after coupon

amazon has this for pre-order for $59.98
Old 09-19-08, 07:14 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 645
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The Outer Limits set is listed for $41.31 at Deep Discount; during their 20% sale it will be $33...seems to be a wash when you consider the shipping at wherehouse.com [same thing with Trial of a Timelord collection - at best you're coming out $1 or $2 ahead of Deep Discount's price during their sale, which wasn't enough of a savings for me to pull the trigger right now]. --Peter
Old 09-19-08, 07:24 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: TX
Posts: 916
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks OP - decent price on the Abbott & Costello complete set if you don't want to wait for the DD sale.
Old 09-19-08, 07:28 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 22,233
Received 272 Likes on 167 Posts
Though YMMV, I've found that the 20% off + free shipping dealio at SecondSpin is a better bargain than 30% off, but full-price shipping, at Wherehouse. Of course, this comparison only applies for used stuff. For new, I'd be interested in knowing how 30% off plus shipping compares to, say, DD's 20% off + free shipping sales.

Not trying to drive business away from Wherehouse, mind you. I'm just looking to fulfill my duty as a DVDTalker to help folks get the best bargains.
Old 09-19-08, 07:42 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
dadaluholla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wilmington, OH
Posts: 5,491
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Secondspin apparently has free shipping on all orders now with FSS19. That actually might be cheaper than Wherehouse's 30% with shipping on some items.
Old 09-19-08, 09:09 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 481
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla View Post
Secondspin apparently has free shipping on all orders now with FSS19. That actually might be cheaper than Wherehouse's 30% with shipping on some items.
No pre-orders and new items on SecondSpin though.
Old 09-19-08, 09:13 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,003
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
what's the difference between wherehouse and secondspin? their sites look identical. are they owned by the same people?
SecondSpin ship internationally.

Wherehouse doesn´t ship internationally.
Old 09-19-08, 12:08 PM
  #22  
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,575
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenbuzz View Post
For new, I'd be interested in knowing how 30% off plus shipping compares to, say, DD's 20% off + free shipping sales.
The 30% off seems to work best for some pre-orders. Some of Wherehouse's pre-order prices for Blu-ray are pretty close to Amazon. Once they are not pre-orders the new prices tend to be much higher. As an example, I plan on getting James Bond Blu-ray Collection 2 and Dr. No Blu-ray. They are about $1.50 more expensive at Wherehouse with 30% off, including tax and shipping, than they will be at DD with 20% off their current prices. Based on past experience I expect Wherehouse will get them to me on or very near release day, whereas at DD I'd have to wait until the November sale and then about 10 days after that to receive them. So for $1.50 I'd rather get them a month earlier from Wherehouse. YMMV.
Old 09-19-08, 12:09 PM
  #23  
Web
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It costs twice as much to ship as they become available than in one package. I'm wondering if you have some pre-orders in your order, do they wait for those to come out to ship all together? Or do they ship the other stuff first, then the pre-orders and then charge you $3.49 for each pre-order, even though you didn't sign up for that.
Old 09-19-08, 12:43 PM
  #24  
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,575
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Web View Post
It costs twice as much to ship as they become available than in one package. I'm wondering if you have some pre-orders in your order, do they wait for those to come out to ship all together? Or do they ship the other stuff first, then the pre-orders and then charge you $3.49 for each pre-order, even though you didn't sign up for that.
The one experience I had, they split the order even though I specified ship in one package. They didn't charge any extra for that. I had 2 pre-orders in one week and 1 the following week. Come to think of it, the 2 in one week might have come separately too because I think one came from CA and the other shipped from FL. I'm not sure I would want to count on that though if the pre-orders were a month apart.
Old 09-19-08, 12:47 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 485
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
The 30% off seems to work best for some pre-orders. Some of Wherehouse's pre-order prices for Blu-ray are pretty close to Amazon. Once they are not pre-orders the new prices tend to be much higher. As an example, I plan on getting James Bond Blu-ray Collection 2 and Dr. No Blu-ray. They are about $1.50 more expensive at Wherehouse with 30% off, including tax and shipping, than they will be at DD with 20% off their current prices. Based on past experience I expect Wherehouse will get them to me on or very near release day, whereas at DD I'd have to wait until the November sale and then about 10 days after that to receive them. So for $1.50 I'd rather get them a month earlier from Wherehouse. YMMV.
You also need to consider the possibility that DD will raise the prices right before the sale. I had a long wishlist of Blu-rays for the sale this spring, and ended up buying exactly zero from them because all the prices went up right before the sale. I'm considering waiting for the Godfather Blu-Ray set. In theory it will be about $48 during the November sale, but I'd bet the house that that will get jacked up by then so I just ordered from Amazon.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.