Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

30% off new & used DVDs/CDs @ wherehouse.com

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

30% off new & used DVDs/CDs @ wherehouse.com

Old 09-28-08, 09:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recieved an email from wherehouse where they cancelled my Iron Man Blu Ray pre-order because according to them, their distributor doesn't carry the title anymore. I checked the site and the Iron Man BD was still listed, just with a different name than the day I pre-ordered it. I emailed them and now I'm waiting to see what happens. The worst part about this is that I used a gift card and the balance still shows like I purchased the item. Anybody else with the same situation?
Old 09-28-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dx23
I recieved an email from wherehouse where they cancelled my Iron Man Blu Ray pre-order because according to them, their distributor doesn't carry the title anymore. I checked the site and the Iron Man BD was still listed, just with a different name than the day I pre-ordered it. I emailed them and now I'm waiting to see what happens. The worst part about this is that I used a gift card and the balance still shows like I purchased the item. Anybody else with the same situation?
Your credit is on the website. Try checking out with a different item, and you'll see it there ready to be applied. You need to email CS to return it to the card.
Old 09-28-08, 11:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SFranke
Your credit is on the website. Try checking out with a different item, and you'll see it there ready to be applied. You need to email CS to return it to the card.
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to wait for the customer service response on the Iron Man BD and then see what will I do with the remaining credit.
Old 10-02-08, 07:14 PM

My 30 Rock Season 2 and How I Met Your Mother Season 3 both shipped today! Hopefully I'll get them before or on Tuesday. I still have to watch the third season of HIMYM and watch this seasons episodes.
Old 10-02-08, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got some used CDs that I ordered. Two of them were "promotional" copies that had the sides cut out of them. Anyhow, FYI.
Old 10-02-08, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by jkzahn
I got some used CDs that I ordered. Two of them were "promotional" copies that had the sides cut out of them. Anyhow, FYI.
I got my used cd that I purchased with the 2 DVDs above and it was a digipak with a huge rip on the back and was really sticky from all of those stupid stickers. I don't get why they think it is acceptable to send promotional copies, and damaged cds.
Old 10-02-08, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They shipped all of my stuff Fed Ex Home Delivery. They attempted delivery today...
Old 10-03-08, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by jkzahn
Their FAQ regarding purchasing used cd's says that they can't accept promotional copies, but looks like they don't have a problem selling them.