Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Target Prices: September 28 - October 4, 2008 (Iron Man Hot Collectible)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target Prices: September 28 - October 4, 2008 (Iron Man Hot Collectible)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-08, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Yea, Best Buys collectibles tend to dissapoint me. They should just stick to Steelbook exclusives.
Originally Posted by gcerda88
It also comes down to Iron Man FYE Steelbook or Iron Man Target Helmet. Both good choices.
or for some of us, both and somewhere near all
Old 09-22-08, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by cinemaphile
keep in mind, everyone, that those busts are MUCH more tiny than a lot of you think they are. on a larger scale, they'd be cool, but they're pretty darn small
cinemaphile speaks true here

The ad I'm posting tomorrow shows the U.S. mini-bust in LARGE proportions.
Old 09-22-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So how is Target when it comes to exclusives? I've never bought one there but I'm thinking about Iron Man this week. Do I need to rush out first thing that morning or do they tend to have a good supply? Or even better, is it possible to order in advance somehow and just go get it at my leisure?
Old 09-23-08, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
So how is Target when it comes to exclusives? I've never bought one there but I'm thinking about Iron Man this week. Do I need to rush out first thing that morning or do they tend to have a good supply? Or even better, is it possible to order in advance somehow and just go get it at my leisure?
I have limited experience with Target as I don't live close to one.. The last Target exclusives (Maid of Honor and Speed Racer), I was down on the Tues they where released and they had a handful of them.. I just happen to be back on Sat and they were all gone..

Their exclusives are not available to buy online, but I was told they can hold items if you call for 24 hours..
Later
Old 09-23-08, 08:21 AM

I wish the Target package simply held the regular blu-ray in its package as opposed to being simply the discs.

It seems the question of the hour is whether Target really has exclusive material on these sets. If they do, then I become interested....
Old 09-23-08, 09:31 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
It depends on the area really. I went two years in a row for Heroes. Season 1, I got with no problems early evening. Went for Season 2 this year at the same time and they were all gone. Another Target in a less populated area had a bunch left. Still had a few last weekend even.

So my suggestion, get there as early as you can. Just to be safe. Maybe even go to a less popular Target.

Mine won't do a 24 hour hold. Heck mine won't even do a hour.
Old 09-23-08, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sports Night: 10th Anniversary Edition for $51.99

The best price among the 3 B&M stores whose ads are listed here, but Deep Discount has them beat by far at $40.26.
Old 09-23-08, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
With my tower.com order for Iron Man cancelled, I'm leaning towards heading to Target at 8 AM for it on Blu-ray. I wonder if the recall on some discs means anything for the special packaged versions?
Old 09-24-08, 10:47 AM

I just got my BLU-RAY two weeks ago and only have two titles so far (TRANSFORMERS & SPEED RACER) and I can' wait for IRON MAN! The TARGET packaging sweetens the deal. This is the first time I have seen special packaging for a BD. Also, if you really want to showcase your BD player, check out SPEED RACER, it rocks on my 55-inch SONY. The palette, the classic theme and the races are almost 3-Dish. Also gonna pick up FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL 3-Disc even though I am tempted to order the Apatow Blu-Ray 3-Pack from Amazon (40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall)
for $53.95...

-Dorfler
Old 09-24-08, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Marvin Dorfler
I just got my BLU-RAY two weeks ago and only have two titles so far (TRANSFORMERS & SPEED RACER) and I can' wait for IRON MAN! The TARGET packaging sweetens the deal. This is the first time I have seen special packaging for a BD. Also, if you really want to showcase your BD player, check out SPEED RACER, it rocks on my 55-inch SONY. The palette, the classic theme and the races are almost 3-Dish. Also gonna pick up FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL 3-Disc even though I am tempted to order the Apatow Blu-Ray 3-Pack from Amazon (40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall)
for $53.95...

-Dorfler
Haven't seen you in quite some time..... Where have you been?
Old 09-25-08, 05:53 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
so the "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" at Target is the same release as the other B&M's right? probably all 3-discs?
Old 09-26-08, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
so the "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" at Target is the same release as the other B&M's right? probably all 3-discs?
anyone?
Old 09-26-08, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Has this been posted yet?

Old 09-26-08, 05:03 PM

Just received the new Entertainment Weekly and the ad inside the front cover states "4 HOURS" of bonus footage. Unsure of how much of these 4 hours are Target Exclusive. Also states Mark III packaging. This is the same as the pic in Speedy's post, correct?
Old 09-26-08, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
anyone?
Yep.
Old 09-26-08, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mcfly
Has this been posted yet?

That must be the BD mask version [ultimate] while this is the SD mask version [collector's]:

Old 09-26-08, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky
That must be the BD mask version [ultimate] while this is the SD mask version [collector's]:

anyone have those pics supersized that put on here so i can save and contribute to dvdspot? the SD that is.
Old 09-26-08, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've only seen them in small versions.
Old 09-27-08, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by speedy
???? Only At Target! Blu-Ray Disc and Target Deluxe Edition DVD have exclusive mask packaging and additional bonus footage
Well, it's about time they got themselves some collectible packaging. I honestly can't tell you the number of times I've passed on the Blu-ray version because of that.

Thanks for the heads up speedy1961!
Old 09-27-08, 06:08 PM

Target has done a price drop on their 'Premier Collection'. These are those often 2 disc sets that have lame slipcovers with red borders. They are normally on the back wall, next to the even lamer 'I Love the 80's' collection.
The price has dropped from 9.99 to 7.50. The covers underneath are unchanged, unlike the 'I Love the 80's' dvds. Some titles even come with their original slipcover underneath.

I picked up:

The Verdict
Ronin 2 disc
The Producers (1968) 2 disc
Guys and Dolls 2 disc with book

Other titles in this 'collection' include:
The Great Escape
A Fish Called Wanda
Get Shorty
Kinsey
Planet of the Apes (1968)
Independence Day
The Omen (1976)
Hoosiers
Lifeboat

I also grabbed The Proposition steelbook for 9.99.
Old 09-27-08, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by cracksky

No, the BD version has a blue band instead of black.
Old 09-27-08, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
With my tower.com order for Iron Man cancelled, I'm leaning towards heading to Target at 8 AM for it on Blu-ray. I wonder if the recall on some discs means anything for the special packaged versions?
This occured to me as well. With a nationwide recall earlier in the week on Iron Man Blu-rays, I really doubt they will still be able to make these special packaged blu-rays available, even if they were able to get the regular Iron Man blu-rays out in time. I will still go over to Target on Tuesday to check, but I am not going to bet on it.
Old 09-27-08, 07:05 PM

Ugh. An update to my post above. It appears that while the slipcover to The Producers shows the cover of the Deluxe Edition and mentions "2-Disc Set Includes", the original 1-Disc Special Edition is contained within.

I should've looked a little closer. I imagine all of the copies are like this as I don't think Target sells both versions of this old film. Very disappointing if this is a case of false advertising as these slipcovers are exclusively made for Target.
Old 09-28-08, 01:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
No, the BD version has a blue band instead of black.
Yes, I now see the Target ad shows the blue band but all the early online pics had black bands.
Old 09-30-08, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts
Some people are already selling preorders for the target iron man mask 2 disc dvds for $39.99 at ebay

will this be common and not hard to find or will it rival the 300 best buy exclusive where if you really want it you have to overpay by $80 or $90?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.