Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The Godfather Trilogy Blu-ray Amazon pre-order $61.95

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Got my shipping confirmation from Tower.com. Huzzah!
Old 09-20-08, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by tjn007
Very simple. Use Bill me later as the payment option and apply
the BMLSAVES code and this is what you will get (minus any tax you may need to pay). No doubt the best deal.

Order Summary
Items: $61.95
Shipping & Handling: $2.98
Super Saver Discount -$2.98
Pre-order Guarantee -$0.00
BMLSAVES Promotion -$5.00
Total Before Tax: $56.95
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $56.95

You got free shipping!

I went this route. Thanks for the code!
Old 09-20-08, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw the restored Godfather in the Cinerama dome in Hollywood. Unreal. I would highly urge you to check this out on celluloid. It's like looking at a Rembrandt close up.
Old 09-23-08, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow.

I called Borders last week to cancel my order so I could get it from DD and they said they canceled it...

Low and behold I check my e-mail today to see that my order shipped.

Someone is going to feel my wrath. Idiots!!!
Old 09-23-08, 07:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Heliosphann
Wow.

I called Borders last week to cancel my order so I could get it from DD and they said they canceled it...

Low and behold I check my e-mail today to see that my order shipped.

Someone is going to feel my wrath. Idiots!!!
I'm in the same boat. Not only did I email them to cancel over a week ago (and received a confirmation from them of that request to cancel), but I additionally called them right after and canceled over the phone to be sure. The Borders rep assured me that a) the phone cancellation was immediate and b) my card would not be charged. So, after getting an email confirmation of my shipped order this morning, and my card being charged, I called Borders to complain. 45 minutes and 2 representatives later, I got a rude supervisor to actually tell me that I had "waited until the last minute to cancel." Over 1 week prior to release date is NOT "last minute." I got the supervisor to agree to reverse the CC charge within 24 hours under the condition that I now have 30 days to receive the already-shipped package, and then drive to my nearest Borders to hand deliver it. Otherwise, they re-charge my card and assume I kept it. Terrible customer service. They never once admitted their fault considering the overwhelming evidence to support that I had done everything right, and with plenty of notice.
Old 09-23-08, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am in the same boat. I canceled on 9/11 after speaking to a CS rep. Got my cancellation email minutes later.
I came home and found a package from Border's in the mail.
What is strange, (besides the fact that they could ship it so I could receive it on release day, unlike Amazon), they actually lowered the price to meet Amazons.
If I knew that, I wouldn't have canceled.
The packing slip never mentioned the discount, it shows the new price only.
I checked my account and nothing has been charged.
I called CS and she told me to just return to my nearest Borders, she shows it canceled and my CC won't be charged.
I won't do anything until at least a week.
Old 09-23-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller
I called CS and she told me to just return to my nearest Borders.....
Will Borders B&M refund a CC for .com returns, or do they just give store credit?
Old 09-23-08, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not sure, that is why I won't return anything until I am sure my credit card isn't charged.
I'm not worried about them not reversing, I have the cancellation email, easiest decline payment in the world.
It says on the receipt that if you return to the store, they give you a credit but I won't stand for that.
They can drive by my house and pick up the movies if they want them.
I can see me handing it back to the guy at Border's, him looking at me like I am crazy, shrugging his shoulders and putting it behind him and when they charge my card in a month, I'll be screwed.
Old 09-23-08, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Will Borders B&M refund a CC for .com returns, or do they just give store credit?
According to their website, they only give a gift card for an online order returned to a store.
Old 09-24-08, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Called on 9/11 as well and got my cancellation email within the hour. Today, a package arrived from Borders. Guess I'll hold onto it and make sure they don't charge my card.
Old 09-24-08, 05:09 PM

I also got one in the mail today. I never got a shipping notice or anything like that. When searching my CC statement nothing shows for Borders.com. Looks like they sent it to me for free.
Old 09-24-08, 07:10 PM

I got mine from Amazon yesterday, which was a pleasant surprise. I used Super Saver shipping, and they only shipped it a day early, but I guess it comes fast from WA to CA.

I also canceled my Borders order. I haven't seen a package or a charge yet. I canceled over the phone and got a cancellation confirmation email. I hope mine sticks!
Old 09-24-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received trilogy today from Borders also after cancelling. I don't see a charge on my CC either. I also received the cancellation e-mail. My Amazon order has shipped so it's too late to cancel that.
Old 09-25-08, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone that got a canceled order checked the packing list?
What gets me is, the charge is nothing like my original order.
It is showing a base line $61.49(approx), no discount, no tax, etc.
The original order had the retail, less 40%, plus tax, etc.
Now I wish I never canceled because Amazon is taking their sweet time shipping it to me (I guess my 2 day Amazon Prime shipping = the Pony Express).

On one hand, I don't see them just sending these for free, I bet this is a mass f-up and I doubt they will eat them all.

on the other, I can't see how they can charge someone's credit card with a cancel email in hand.
I'm sure they want to charge, then get us to ship it back (there is no way the store will credit you back without a gift card, no thanks)
But I won't do it, unless they send me a pre-paid shipper, they won't get it back.
Old 09-25-08, 12:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It has taken days for my Amex online statement to update. It now appears as though Borders charged me for the Godfather set all the way back on the 18th, even though they only shipped the item on the 23rd. There's a reimbursement to my card posted on the 23rd because of my complaint to the supervisor that day. I still had an email confirmation of my order cancellation, as well as a verbal confirmation over the phone, 2 days before they charged my card. So, when I go out of my way to hand deliver this unwanted item to my local Borders---as per my agreement with the supervisor so I'd get my card reimbursed that day instead of waiting weeks---I really hope this whole mess is behind me.
Old 09-26-08, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by bluesilo
I also got one in the mail today. I never got a shipping notice or anything like that. When searching my CC statement nothing shows for Borders.com. Looks like they sent it to me for free.
Same for me. Just got it today. (I assume it's the Godfather. I didn't open it but I didn't order anything else from them.)

I'll keep an eye on my CC account and contact them soon.
Old 09-26-08, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Borders charges are funky.

During that whole 80% coupon debacle about a month ago, a lot of people weren't showing charges then BOOM out of the blue got the charges like 2 weeks later.

Their site has a lot of problems. If you guys get hit a month from now I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 09-26-08, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also received it today and cancelled a few weeks ago.

Ill hold on to it and see what happens on my statement
Old 09-29-08, 12:27 PM

I received my canceled Borders order on Friday. What's up with them? Someone's not talking to someone else.
Old 09-30-08, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's been a week and I still haven't been charged.
I have no idea what I am going to do.
Old 09-30-08, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I haven't been charged either. I'm leaning toward giving it to someone.
Old 09-30-08, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Before you guys decide to open them up, you might want to peruse this thread-

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=935978

It would appear that Borders is charging people who ordered during the infamous 80% off glitch for their cancelled orders. You better keep an eye on your credit card statements to see if they do the same for The Godfather.
Old 09-30-08, 05:23 PM

Earlier today, my bank account also showed a pending charge for the remainder or my order. I did however decide to try my luck and actually sent them an email inquiring about the remainder of my order since I never heard anything from anybody other than an initial shipment notice for the first part of my order. After a few days I got a response from Borders just notifying me that my discs were on backorder and would ship as soon as they became available. They didn't mention anything about an invalid coupon or anything. So it appears like my order has been honored. Then again, I have not received a shipping notice for this second part yet....
Old 10-01-08, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been checking my credit card everyday and still nothing.
I called when I received it and the CS rep at Borders shows that my order was cancelled and my card was not charged.
Again, I don't know what I am going to do.
I could take it to Border's and hand it to the guy behind the counter but what does that do for me?
What if the puts it in some surplus pile, they stock balance it or whatever, Borders would have no record of it being mine.
They then decided to charge me when they audit themselves in a month or two.
What do I do? "Just call Billy Bob at the Clearwater store, I returned it to him"
I'll just hold on to it for a few months and give it away if I am not charged.
If they dare try to charge me, not only do i have proof of my cancellation via email, I can say I never received it.
Old 10-09-08, 01:06 PM

Still no charge here. How did everyone else work out? I don't want to return it because then what will happen and not only that but they gave me a lot of hassle regardless.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.