DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   (DEAD) 20% OFF =AND= free shipping @ secondspin.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/539253-dead-20%25-off-%3D%3D-free-shipping-%40-secondspin-com.html)

TGM 09-08-08 12:02 PM

(DEAD) 20% OFF =AND= free shipping @ secondspin.com

it's back! (thanks to JohnnySack @ dvdspot)

use code heynow - no idea when it expires... it comes and goes, like a fart in the wind.

alfonsosoriano 09-08-08 12:13 PM

Here we go again...thanks for the heads up.

starman9000 09-08-08 12:15 PM

Thanks had a little credit from last time and ordered

Legend of Prince Valiant: The Complete Series, Vol. 2 [5 Discs]
Used DVD - Price: $2.79
for free.

My Other Self 09-08-08 12:28 PM

Son of a..

These sales always come at the absolute worst time for me.

Maybe I can find *one* thing..

alfonsosoriano 09-08-08 12:32 PM

I think I might limit myself to some cheap, sleazy, and crappy horror films. I haven't been buying enough of those lately.

terminator911 09-08-08 12:54 PM

When does this expire?

DVDmaniac14 09-08-08 01:10 PM

oh HELL!

diederik 09-08-08 01:20 PM

Great stuff, thanks for posting!

Burgundy LaRue 09-08-08 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14 (Post 8925700)
oh HELL!

For real. I haven't even ordered from the B1G1 Warner Bros. sale at DD yet, either. Gracious. Joining this forum is going to leave me in the poor house when I retire. Guess I'll have plenty of DVDs, though.

ProfessorEcho 09-08-08 01:52 PM

Yeah, thanks for posting, but a little more information would sure be helpful.

I don't see any mention of this DVD sale on the SecondSpin site. How did you find out about it? An E Mail? If so, I didn't get one and I usually do whenever they have a sale like this.

Also, what are the Start/End dates for the sale?

DETAILS PLEASE!

My Other Self 09-08-08 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho (Post 8925792)

I don't see any mention of this DVD sale on the SecondSpin site. How did you find out about it? An E Mail? If so, I didn't get one and I usually do whenever they have a sale like this.

DETAILS PLEASE!

Maybe he didn't know the details. Maybe he just picked the coupon off of another site.

If you read the small print after you apply the coupon, it says special promo for Howard fans. When Second Spin utilizes the heynow code, it's involved with Howard Stern fans somehow.

The guy gave you a valid coupon. I don't think he owes it to you or anyone else to "fill in all the blanks". It works. Use it or don't.

BuddhaWake 09-08-08 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho (Post 8925792)

DETAILS PLEASE!

buy stuff get 20% off and free shipping on the stuff you buy when you use the code. what other details are needed?

joltman 09-08-08 02:01 PM

Wow, I had been waiting for this to come to get a present for someone and just thought about giving up, I can't believe it came now!

Spez 09-08-08 02:10 PM

For those asking about an end date for this sale, no one really knows. This code becomes active every so often and it disappears just as suddenly as it appeared. It's a great deal though.

blued888 09-08-08 02:12 PM

Do their Superbit DVDs come with the silver sleeve? Anybody know?

TGM 09-08-08 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by blued888 (Post 8925853)
Do their Superbit DVDs come with the silver sleeve? Anybody know?

the superbit of "Hollow Man" I ordered last time this sale was valid came with the sleeve.

punit 09-08-08 02:29 PM

Thx Doc

jeffbase34 09-08-08 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 8925602)
Son of a..

These sales always come at the absolute worst time for me.

Maybe I can find *one* thing..

Tell me about it. I just placed a large order with them last nite, buying the 4 cds to get 20% off, and paying 8 bucks for shipping.

They have one of the OOP Rhino Transformers sets if anyone is interested.

Thanks OP!

Lastdaysofrain 09-08-08 02:36 PM

I picked up a few things, some good deals on a few complete series sets:

Point Pleasant: The Complete Series [3 Discs]
Used DVD $11.19 In Progress
Doctor Who: The Key to Time - The Pirate Planet
Used DVD $8.79 In Progress
Night Stalker: The Complete Series [2 Discs]
Used DVD $7.99 In Progress
Night of the Lepus
Used DVD $3.99 In Progress
Equalizer: Season One [5 Discs]
Used DVD $23.99 In Progress
King of the Ants
Used DVD $2.94 In Progress
Invaders: Season One [5 Discs]
Used DVD $18.39 In Progress
Static Shock, Vol. 1: The New Kid
Used DVD $3.19 In Progress
Force M.D's ~ Let Me Love You: The Greatest Hits
Used CD $7.19 In Progress
SHRIEKBACK ~ SACRED CITY
Used CD $1.43 In Progress

My Other Self 09-08-08 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by jeffbase34 (Post 8925896)
They have one of the OOP Rhino Transformers sets if anyone is interested.

I saw that, but I compared the prices to Amazon and you can get that particular volume cheaper used there.

ProfessorEcho 09-08-08 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 8925803)
Maybe he didn't know the details. Maybe he just picked the coupon off of another site.

The guy gave you a valid coupon. I don't think he owes it to you or anyone else to "fill in all the blanks". It works. Use it or don't.

Granted that he might not have known all the details, but where in my original post does it indicate I am expressing a hostile reprimand of the OP for not sharing more information? I was simply asking for more details if they were known by ANYONE. Having information about an expiration date, if known, would be very beneficial if someone is trying to balance their budget with the sale.

Your response is the typical knee jerk overreaction from a habitual poster that we all know and love about message boards, but come on, is it such an imposition on your propriety and alleged forum etiquette to want more details about the post's subject?

pilot 09-08-08 02:57 PM

everyone calm down and go spend money.. no need to fight. i don't know why someone couldn't have just said there's really no expiration date on the "heynow" code which seems to randomly work and stop working without any set dates/times/etc. use it, don't use it. but please, no bitching at each other.

ProfessorEcho 09-08-08 03:01 PM

Agreed Pilot, I definitely did a Marie Antoinette and lost my you know what, accomplishing nothing more than the exact same thing I was bitching about. On to the sale.....

Spez 09-08-08 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by pilot (Post 8925947)
everyone calm down and go spend money.. no need to fight. i don't know why someone couldn't have just said there's really no expiration date on the "heynow" code which seems to randomly work and stop working without any set dates/times/etc. use it, don't use it. but please, no bitching at each other.

Umm...I did that...Up there. :wave:

pilot 09-08-08 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Spez (Post 8925967)
Umm...I did that...Up there. :wave:

Oh. I didn't read :) Thanks! I just saw the bottom couple posts