Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) 20% OFF =AND= free shipping @ secondspin.com

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) 20% OFF =AND= free shipping @ secondspin.com

Old 09-23-08, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Got my order today, it was in worse shape than usually, with stickers and writing on the discs, a missing item, and scratches galore. Their CS is good though, so I'm not concerned.
Old 09-23-08, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Shap View Post
Sweet, found some CDs I was looking for at a decent price. Thanks OP!

Rabid [Special Edition]
Used DVD $6.71 In Progress

Numb3rs: The Complete Second Season [6 Discs]
Used DVD $19.99 In Progress

Lacuna Coil ~ In a Reverie
Used CD $7.19 In Progress

Lacuna Coil ~ Comalies
Used CD $6.39 In Progress

Lacuna Coil ~ Unleashed Memories

Soilwork ~ Natural Born Chaos

Soilwork ~ Sworn to a Great Divide [CD/DVD]

Unkle ~ War Stories

Sasha ~ Fundacion NYC
Used CD $3.58 In Progress

LTJ Bukem ~ Earth 7: Scorched Earth Edition [CD &
Used CD $7.99 In Progress
Finally got my order in two weeks later. I am not impressed by the condition of the items. The hub on the Rabid DVD is shattered and the disc has several circular scratches. The Lacuna Coil - Unleashed Memories CD is the worst scratched CD I've ever seen in my life. It looks like someone stood on top of it and ground it into the sidewalk. I can't believe they actually accepted this in for trade and then went and resold it.

On the plus side, all the special edition items I bought came with all the bonus discs and inserts. I hope their customer service is good about replacing my damaged discs.

EDIT: After I emailed customer service, they replied in about an hour and a half saying they would send me a replacement Lacuna Coil CD, and because they don't have Rabid in stock, they will credit my account for the DVD. As far as I can tell I don't even have to return the defective items. I must say I am impressed!

Last edited by Shap; 09-23-08 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-26-08, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 27 parcels today. Each and evryone in PERFECT condition.
Old 09-26-08, 02:01 PM

Still waiting on mine to come in. Been about 11 days or so now since it shipped.

Edit:

Just came in today with a note that said my package had been damaged. I received 16 out of my 17 films I ordered. All were actually in very good condition minus a few of the cases, but I have extra cases anyways so that's no problem. One of the films was tore up beyond recognition so hopefully customer service will sort this out. Overall though good condition.

Last edited by DeFiction; 09-27-08 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-29-08, 05:58 PM

Surprisingly, I received my first package (of two) today. It contained 7 Nadia DVDs, 4 Boogiepop Phantom and 1 Gravion Zwei (plus art box).

3 still had the seal intact along the top of the case (all were Nadia). Sadly, one that was sealed had a broken disc holder, meaning the DVD has scratches and I had to replace the original case with a poorer quality case.

With the Nadia DVDs there aren't any real problems. Aside from not all of them having the same type of DVD case (annoying for a collector), one having a slightly ripped cover/case plastic and the issue mentioned above, everything is perfect.

There are some issues with the Boogiepop DVDs, though. One of the DVDs has a lot of scratches (and its case was in poor condition; had to replace it) and all of the case/covers have small rips near the serial number parts of the covers. But, as long as the scratched DVD works, I won't complain when the most expensive of the Boogiepop DVDs was only around $3.

Finally, the Gravion Zwei art box and DVD (with the original white DVD case) are in great condition. The sides of the box were a little pushed in on arrival and it has a few white corners where you remove the DVD from the box - Nothing serious. No complaints when I paid something like $2 for it!

So, all in all, I'm very happy. Providing the 2 scratched DVDs work, my only real issue was (as ever) with the case swapping routine. I really need to figure out where to get high quality cases for cheap...