Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) 20% OFF =AND= free shipping @ secondspin.com

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) 20% OFF =AND= free shipping @ secondspin.com

Old 09-15-08, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got the Wrestlemania Anthology in the mail today and it is 100% complete, great condition, with only a small smudge or two on a disc here and there.

EDIT:

I didn't realize that there is two versions of this set. I thought the only one was the one with WM 1-21, but the one I received has WM 22 in it also in a separate case with WM 21.

Last edited by Brent L; 09-15-08 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-15-08, 08:13 PM

i managed to get in a second order late last night.
Michael Jackson: Number Ones $5.11
Michael Jackson: The One $3.99

Total: $9.81
Old 09-15-08, 08:22 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah I got my 2 BRs and they were mint except for the crappy stickers on the cases.

Not problems at all.

Greg
Old 09-17-08, 11:35 AM
Banned

It appear that the deal is dead. The code doesn't work anymore.
Old 09-17-08, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post
It appear that the deal is dead. The code doesn't work anymore.
You are correct, sir.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/8940446-post99.html

My two orders shipped last week. Should get here sometime this weekend. There tends to be a floater or two, but their CS has always been the tops for me.
Old 09-18-08, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It would be nice if the OP would change or add to the title that this offer is "DEAD".
Old 09-18-08, 12:02 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dane View Post
It would be nice if the OP would change or add to the title that this offer is "DEAD".

yeah, it would be nice if the DVDtalk forums actually gave me the option to do just that............
Old 09-18-08, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

is anybody's order taking a long time to arrive?....I made an order that was shiped on the 8th and it still hasn't arrived yet
Old 09-18-08, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My first two orders from the 8th and 9th arrived today.
Old 09-18-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I ordered a 5-disc DVD box set, and only 4 of the discs were included. Grrrrrr.
Old 09-18-08, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard View Post
I ordered a 5-disc DVD box set, and only 4 of the discs were included. Grrrrrr.
They are very good about replacing defective orders, their customer service is very good in my experience.
Old 09-18-08, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is it worth it to contact them when a case, such as a snapper, is sort of in poor to acceptable condition (just a lot of wear, marks) or you buy used you take your chances? The disc is fine so inquiring if they might have a case in better shape seems like a stretch in comparison to a defective disc.
Old 09-18-08, 05:15 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by abintra View Post
Is it worth it to contact them when a case, such as a snapper, is sort of in poor to acceptable condition (just a lot of wear, marks) or you buy used you take your chances? The disc is fine so inquiring if they might have a case in better shape seems like a stretch in comparison to a defective disc.

their CS doesn't care. tell them the case came damaged, and you would like a replacement. they'll just mail you out a new copy.
Old 09-18-08, 06:34 PM

I received 3 orders today, and 3 of the dvds were wrong. BUT - as the previous posters have said, their customer service is really good. Their shipping department however... but, it seems that now and again their errors come out to the customer's advantage.

I've had a few occassions on previous orders where they send a full-screen instead of a widescreen, or a dvd with a similar name instead of the one requested.

With big orders, I kind of expect errors these days - but their customer service makes up for it.
Old 09-18-08, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain View Post
They are very good about replacing defective orders, their customer service is very good in my experience.
I e-mailed them about it, and they responded within minutes, issuing a refund.
Old 09-19-08, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Their CS is really outstanding. They reply almost within the hour. If one has any errors with the disc or keepcase they just ship a re-placement.

I just noticed I got a faulty disc ordered 3 month ago. They´ve just shipped a re-placement.

PS.
Thanks, for changing the topic.
Old 09-19-08, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't received any of my orders yet, but as I've previously stated, they ship via Sweden for some strange reason. It'll probably be 3 or 4 weeks before I see any.

Regardless, Thanks OP! This is becoming one of my favourite sales. I ordered about 7 items this time.
Old 09-19-08, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe View Post
their CS doesn't care. tell them the case came damaged, and you would like a replacement. they'll just mail you out a new copy.
Thanks.

I contacted them about a couple cases and one DVD that was a Canadian edition that differed from the edition listed on the site (not a big deal but I think the quality might be different between the two and the Canadian edition omits a minor extra). They provided a RAN to ship the different DVD back and will be replacing that.

The snapper mentioned, a boxset that was fine except the outer cardboard box, and a keep case that was partially split down the spine, they said I was free to to return those also in that same shipment for a refund or perhaps a replacement if they had additional copies. I'm not sure that is worth it since it would require my shipping them back and having no idea whether or not they could replace them (and without knowing what condition the replacement would be before giving up the one I already have) or would just end up refunding them. I was hoping they were going to be able to tell me whether or not they would be able to replace them with a better condition one before sending them all back though.

I can buy a replacement keep case easy enough and toss the dinged up outer cardboard box for the box set but guess I'll have to get by with the iffy snapper one. Might end up just tossing that case also and see if I can't just find a free cover to print and place it in a new keep case (note to self, used snapper DVDs are not worth it in the future given a new copy would have only been an extra couple of dollars).
Old 09-20-08, 07:10 PM

I got a shipment of 7 titles this afternoon. One of them was a Wal-Mart promo DVD (The Ugly). If it was simply an alternate cover issue I wouldn't complain - but it's Full Screen, which I didn't order.

Another title was a former rental with at least 5 stickers placed directly onto the artwork. I patiently removed them the best I could, but one had even been ripped off and damaged the paper. The disc is fine, so I'll let it slide.

Last edited by joe_b; 09-21-08 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-21-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got my Saiyuki Volume 1 W/ Art Box the other day. It didn't have the t-shirt that it said came with it but there was a copy of Volume 5 inside the art box, so I think that's good enough for me to not worry about contacting them.
Old 09-22-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

90% of the stuff I got from them ended up being sealed and new, even though it was sold as "used"
Old 09-22-08, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received my DVDs from SecondSpin and Wherehouse on Friday. I patiently opened all and removed all the stickers (using Goo Gone when needed). Only one was brand new--and I had to replace the case since it was in bad shape. One DVD had a Blockbuster case, so that got replaced too.

So then I started testing them all in the DVD player to ensure all worked. I got halfway through and popped one in--only to discover it wouldn't come back out! The tray slid out, but there was no DVD in it. Shining a flashlight into the open drawer revealed the DVD up inside the player, hanging there. I put another DVD in to attempt to dislodge it to no avail. Not knowing what the innards of a DVD player look like, I'm sitting there on the floor wondering if a $7 DVD of Mosquito Man (yes, the Sci-Fi movie originally titled "Mansquito") had killed my $230 Oppo player.

I used a butter knife and ended up dislodging the DVD. Slid the tray back in, but nothing came back out. I unplugged the player and turned it on its side--and heard the disc slide to one side of the player, rattling around inside. Great. I had to take out the screws and open the cover to retrieve it, worried if a loose disc inside had done any damage.

Turns out the disc had a sticky residue on the center hub, likely the result of someone removing a rental security sticker. The player is apparently okay and the disc looks okay too. I cleaned the disc hub with Goo Gone, but am too nervous to try it again so soon.

Other than that, I'm pleased with the purchases...
Old 09-22-08, 09:31 PM

Received my dvds Saturday, and the second order today. Everything was fine- except I ordered Ranma 1/2 S2 and I didn't realize people had the non-thinpak floating around still. I called CS and explained and she was nice to send out another one, but there was no way to know if it would be non-thinpak.

I was trying to see if I could simply make the boxset into a thinpak, but the box would be a waste so I couldn't. I've got my finger crossed.

Everything else played perfectly, and was in good condition. I received most of my items re-shrink wrapped. But the last time I ordered everything was open.
Old 09-22-08, 09:51 PM

I placed an order and it went through, but I guess they canceled it. Oh well, I'll get them next time.
Old 09-22-08, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got my second order today. All together I got 15 titles in two orders and I'm very pleased. Only two were brand new and still sealed with security stickers, but everything else was mint. The Office UK Special included the slipcover and most still had booklets too. Gojira, the one I was worried about since it has unique packaging, was perfect. No damage on the case at all, the book was still in it, and it even had the little O ring thing around it.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.