DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   (DEAD) 80% Borders.com code (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/538771-dead-80%25-borders-com-code.html)

My Other Self 08-31-08 07:17 PM

Chances of cancellation are probably high.. but man, I can only hope. The whole Raymond Box is only $40.

mzupeman2 08-31-08 07:17 PM

1. Where did this come from.

2. Do they have to stick by a coupon code like this? Can you fight it?

Arthur Dent 08-31-08 07:17 PM

Hmm, when I put in the promo code, it says it's expired. :(

My Other Self 08-31-08 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by mzupeman2 (Post 8908415)
1. Where did this come from.

2. Do they have to stick by a coupon code like this? Can you fight it?

That's a good question. From the looks of it, it seems it may be a discount applied by CS reps if they give you a discount on your order or something.

I don't think they are obligated to honor it though.

JB7 08-31-08 07:19 PM

I got to the final page finally and was about to hit order and noticed this.

Customer Service 80% Off Cart is not eligible for promotion

DEAD! :(

TGM 08-31-08 07:20 PM

by the time I got through, the 80% off code was deemed "not eligible". :(

Artman 08-31-08 07:20 PM

woah, my payment summary has two different amounts, my cc payment has the discount applied, my order total does not... probably shouldn't chance it.

At least I got a couple good Fox BD prices...

BuckNaked2k 08-31-08 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by JckRbbitSlim (Post 8908413)
I get an Internet Explorer message indicating that I should cancel the refresh or else I will be charged twice right after I hit submit with the credit card information, so I cancel it. This is really aggravating.

At these prices, just buy 'em up. you could sell everything for a profit anyway. Hell, if I could get this to work unlimited, I'd open up my own damn DVD store!

JckRbbitSlim 08-31-08 07:20 PM

Yeah, I've given up. I just hope that I wasn't charged, although I never did get to the final screen, so I don't think I will.

dino88 08-31-08 07:20 PM

i believe it's been fixed. where it shows the coupon and the amount discounted, mine was showing the amount but now it shows 0. the coupon is still in the cart, but it isn't taking anything off.

reefa 08-31-08 07:21 PM

+1 to JB7, guess I've got to find an equally awesome code for the Band of Brothers and Godfather Blu-rays, and the Freaks and Geeks re-issue. Good luck to those that got in.

cinemaphile 08-31-08 07:22 PM

anyone else gotten a "We're sorry. This Feature is temporarily unavailable" message when you try to apply promotional code?

That's a new one for me. They may have finally stopped it.

TGM 08-31-08 07:24 PM

so just who is this code usually sent to??? hmmmmmmmm???????????

stronghold7000 08-31-08 07:24 PM

From the borders.com FAQ:

7. The last step to placing your order is confirming the information contained on the Order Summary page. You may edit the shipping and payment information or cancel the order. Click on "Order Now" to place the order. Please note that once an order is placed Borders is unable to cancel or modify it in any way.

Might be worth quoting that if they try to cancel your order. Worth a try.

My Other Self 08-31-08 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe (Post 8908431)
so just who is this code usually sent to??? hmmmmmmmm???????????

I dunno but I'm guessing they won't be working there long enough now to get a second one. :D

DVD Polizei 08-31-08 07:26 PM

This is like the only time it's worth shopping at Borders.

Neil M. 08-31-08 07:27 PM

So I entered the promotion and it says 80% off but my total does not reflect 80%. Too bad. I didn't think I'd be that lucky.

Arthur Dent 08-31-08 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Artman (Post 8908421)
woah, my payment summary has two different amounts, my cc payment has the discount applied, my order total does not... probably shouldn't chance it.

At least I got a couple good Fox BD prices...

Same here! I see the discount next to my CC but then under it is the enormous total. I really don't think it's worth the chance, despite it showing the discounted total next to my CC. Anyone else have this situation but go through with ordering it?

Fiddlesticks 08-31-08 07:27 PM

If nothing else, we all got an 80% livelier Sunday evening!

Cardsfan111 08-31-08 07:28 PM

I had gotten all the way to the place order screen. Clicked on the final button and refreshed over and over to no avail. The screen just now came up with my total jumping up to regular prices. Under promotional codes it lists "Customer Service 80% off" and right beneath it "For Customer Service Only Use Only"

Brent L 08-31-08 07:29 PM

Oh well, the only thing I was able to get through was the Blu-ray Godfather set for $25, and since that's a pre-order the chances are even higher they'll cancel it. Oh well.

mzupeman2 08-31-08 07:34 PM

Is there a phone number where you can actually speak to someone about your order at this time on a Sunday?

The Reaper 08-31-08 07:35 PM

Damn, I had 2 items in the cart with the code working, but by the time I was able to get a third item (to meet free shipping), it was dead. Too bad, thought I was finally going to get Royal Space Force on HD DVD for a decent price.

dino88 08-31-08 07:37 PM

don't call anyone, that will only ruin the chances for anyone getting their order.

regarding the different prices on peoples order confirmation pages, this is normal. the amount that it shows is charged to the cc is the only one that matters. every order on borders is like this.

cinemaphile 08-31-08 07:42 PM

Do not call!!!!!!!