DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   (DEAD) 80% Borders.com code (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/538771-dead-80%25-borders-com-code.html)

SkullOrchard 09-02-08 03:48 PM

I saw the OP's post before anyone had responded to it. I immediately sprinted to Borders, put a couple of sets in my cart, and after a couple of frustrating hours of refreshing, I never made it past the credit card info page. My hopes for an early Christmas courtesy of Borders just wasn't in the cards.

DerangedHermit 09-02-08 03:51 PM

I got a shipping notification for my Summerslam Anthology set this morning, but nothing for my textbook yet. :(

Bishop54 09-02-08 04:21 PM

I have 3 charges for my one order I got in. I'm showing 2 identical charges for the order (this is common of my bank as they just did it when I ordered with Amazon) and I have a charge for 1 cent. Yes you heard me right 1 cent.

Funk 09-02-08 05:33 PM

Got FedEx 2nd day tracking number for my boxset. :)

Cardsfan111 09-02-08 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard (Post 8912146)
I saw the OP's post before anyone had responded to it. I immediately sprinted to Borders, put a couple of sets in my cart, and after a couple of frustrating hours of refreshing, I never made it past the credit card info page. My hopes for an early Christmas courtesy of Borders just wasn't in the cards.

Your post describes my circumstances exactly. I also saw the initial post before anyone had replied. A kazillion refreshes later and I gave up.

filmsoncon 09-02-08 05:53 PM

Got a shipping notice and FedEx number for the Office Season 4, which was just released today.

My Other Self 09-02-08 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by filmsoncon (Post 8912522)
Got a shipping notice and FedEx number for the Office Season 4, which was just released today.

Well then.

Still, Amazon shipped out all of their orders.. then either charged you for the difference or asked you to return it, or let some keep it.

If we get these, I think I'm going to hold on to mine for a little bit to see if anything unfolds.

Sweet Baby James 09-02-08 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 8912569)
Well then.

Still, Amazon shipped out all of their orders.. then either charged you for the difference or asked you to return it, or let some keep it.

If we get these, I think I'm going to hold on to mine for a little bit to see if anything unfolds.

Such a pessimist!:lol:

My Other Self 09-02-08 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 8912594)
Such a pessimist!:lol:

hahahaha

Well, I've never dealt with Borders before so I don't know what their take will be on this. I don't want them charging my bank card like $1,000 or whatever to make up the difference just cause.

Arthur Dent 09-02-08 06:48 PM

You people and your fancy order confirmations! :mad:

mzupeman2 09-02-08 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 8912569)
Well then.

Look, I understand if a company says 'oh well that wasn't supposed to be a public coupon code and we don't have to honor it', fine. I came to terms with that last night. However, if it gets to the point where the order is shipped and at your house, and then they want additional compensation, well, I'm pretty sure that's illegal. They accepted your money and sent you the product. Done deal.

BuckNaked2k 09-02-08 07:14 PM

I too, saw the OP very soon after it went up, and was unable to place an order despite 2 hours of furiously trying.

I predict that everyone who got an order in will receive all their stuff...it's just too hard to try and cancel everything, plus it'll just be a write-down for the company anyway.

My Other Self 09-02-08 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by mzupeman2 (Post 8912630)
Look, I understand if a company says 'oh well that wasn't supposed to be a public coupon code and we don't have to honor it', fine. I came to terms with that last night. However, if it gets to the point where the order is shipped and at your house, and then they want additional compensation, well, I'm pretty sure that's illegal. They accepted your money and sent you the product. Done deal.

Look at the Amazon fiasco of 2006. They charged people extra for their mistake.

lectersvictim 09-02-08 07:39 PM

If / when i get my dvd's in the mail, I am paying off my credit card right away and canceling the card.. So I wont have to deal with that additional compensation B.S.!

chrisih8u 09-02-08 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by mzupeman2 (Post 8912630)

As has been mentioned, Amazon did exactly that a couple years ago. They had a BOGO offer that mistakenly was applied twice so you could get two box sets for free. Then they gave you a deadline to pay up or send the dvds back. After the deadline they charged peoples cards for the difference. I just went to my bank and told them what happened and my bank credited my account back. Never heard another word from Amazon after that.

SkullOrchard 09-02-08 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 8912704)

I got 22 free box sets from that deal. Amazon tried to re-charge my CC for their mistake, but I simply called my CC's customer service, explained the situation, and the CC agent laughed and said, 'They Can't Do That!'

My Other Self 09-02-08 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard (Post 8912764)
I got 22 free box sets from that deal. Amazon tried to re-charge my CC for their mistake, but I simply called my CC's customer service, explained the situation, and the CC agent laughed and said, 'They Can't Do That!'

That's nuts. That one guy wiped out half of Amazon's stock from the look of it. :lol:

I wonder how that will work.. mine was a CC but it's linked to my checking account.

That's assuming it pans out like that. Who knows.

JB7 09-02-08 08:17 PM

We should start a thread of those who got duplicates and we could buy/trade. I noticed that some are worried about the multiple charges for refreshing. So if the items get sent, thats something we could do.

I know I am interested in Heroes Season 2 Blu-Ray.

John Galt 09-02-08 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by JB7 (Post 8912816)

Just check ebay next week when the market gets flooded with all the extra sets ;)

iamiam 09-02-08 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by JB7 (Post 8912816)
We should start a thread of those who got duplicates and we could buy/trade. I noticed that some are worried about the multiple charges for refreshing. So if the items get sent, thats something we could do.

Twilight Zone - Definitive Collection

dex14 09-02-08 08:38 PM

Got my shipment confirmation on my one order. The other was a preorder of the Hitchcock Premier set for 25 bucks. Hopefully that still happens. Got a whole month to wait though

mzupeman2 09-02-08 08:56 PM

I think they must have run out of stuff because of this sale. Again, my three seasons of Weeds on blu-ray was supposedly in stock when I ordered, yet they're on back order now so the service guy told my wife they'd ship next week while my Harry Potter blu ray set will ship this week so, patience friends :)

mraw 09-02-08 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 8912704)

Usually you can take that type of issue up with your credit card company. I have Chase, and they don't play. They issued me a credit on a set of non-refundable plane tickets once. I always use credit and watch it closely because they are the best at getting refunds when you feel you've been wronged.

I received a confirmation e-mail but no shipping e-mail and my card hasn't been charged, so I'm not expecting anything from Borders.

Sweet Baby James 09-02-08 11:40 PM

I still cannot access the details of my order. However, I did already receive credit for the order in my Borders Bucks account.:)

My Other Self 09-02-08 11:54 PM

No update in shipping either on my end.