Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) 80% Borders.com code

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) 80% Borders.com code

Old 09-01-08, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Damn, I'm going to be pretty damn surprised if these actually ship. I got one order through for Planet Earth Blu Ray when I was just testing the deal. I went and added $2000 worth of Blu Rays and was in the checkout process when the site went down. Would have been nice to have completed that checkout, but I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.
Dude it's orders like yours that will be cancelled. Talk about throwing up a red flag. I just ordered 4 things as I tried to get my order under the radar. We'll see if it works.
Old 09-01-08, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My status still shows as 'in process' on the site. It seems that people with free shipping are getting their confirmations. However I paid for 2-3 day and haven't recieved anything. Well, going to bed so here's hoping for good news in the morning!

Last edited by mzupeman2; 09-01-08 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-01-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Even if the shipping warehouses were not informed of the mistake for some reason, you would think they might question why they have thousands and thousands of more orders then normal.
Old 09-01-08, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 325 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by Bishop54 View Post
Dude it's orders like yours that will be cancelled[sic]. Talk about throwing up a red flag. I just ordered 4 things as I tried to get my order under the radar. We'll see if it works.
My order for one $20 item is going to get canceled?
Old 09-01-08, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
My order for one $20 item is going to get canceled?
No but had your huge order went through it probably would have. I bet you get your one Blu-Ray. Good luck.
Old 09-01-08, 09:53 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Bishop54 View Post
Dude it's orders like yours that will be cancelled. Talk about throwing up a red flag. I just ordered 4 things as I tried to get my order under the radar. We'll see if it works.
One word for you, automation.
Old 09-01-08, 09:56 PM

Received 325 Likes on 230 Posts
Well I didn't really think any would make it through, it was more of a shot in the dark. I would have normally broken it down into several smaller orders but I wasn't having any problems with the site for about 5 minutes there and was able to add about 20 titles without any error messages.
Old 09-01-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got shipping notification on mine as well though I didn't receive order confirmation. I managed to get my order through somewhere around 9:30 Central.
Old 09-01-08, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Even though I have received a shipping email, my order is probably packed up at a fulfillment warehouse, waiting to go out on the first truck tomorrow. Borders could still recall the shipment and cancel the order. BMG did this on a CD box set glitch a few months back. I'm still going to worry until I have my Blu-Rays in my hot, greedy hands!
Old 09-01-08, 10:03 PM

Well, I just received a shipment confirmation email for 3 of the 4 things I ordered [the 4th is the only pre-order]. I am amazed that this appears to have been accepted. I should have known better than to not include more since it was really going to be all or nothing really. Oh well, got a few double dips I was on the fence about. Actually, the funny thing is that I can't remember if I ordered 4 or 5 items and I never received an order confirmation email and now the site only yields an error message when I try to check the order details...

Unbelievable really....Thank you OP!

I should also note that although a USPS tracking number is provided, there is no record of it yet at USPS being Labor Day and all so until I actually hold these in my hands....

Last edited by AmonTwin; 09-01-08 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-01-08, 10:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welll...
The site is finally working again. I was able to access my shopping cart now, but everything I had in it last night and this afternoon (when I couldn't access the shopping cart to finalize the order) is now gone.
I tried adding stuff again. Works fine BUT none of the coupon codes are working now. Guess they found the glitch. Wish I'd have been abe to get my order in.

P.S. I stopped in a local Borders store earlier this evening and "casually" inquired at the info desk if they know about anything being wrong with their website. They seemed genuinely unaware of anything.
Oh well... Hope You guys who did get Your orders in get them at the 80% off!
Old 09-01-08, 10:07 PM

Harry Potter complete collection on blu-ray and Troy Blu-Ray shipped for $42. Wow. Don't even have a blu-ray player yet though
Old 09-01-08, 10:35 PM

I ordered Heroes S1 on blu and paid $2.98 for 2-3 day shipping... no order confirmation yet. If this goes through, I will <3 Borders.
Old 09-01-08, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sooo wait... I just got an e-mail for ONE of my orders to ship................ wow. I don't give a shit if any of them do, but I got confirmation for one. That's nuts.

Ok if we get this WTF. I think I'm gonna cry. haha.
Old 09-01-08, 11:27 PM

wow, i thought the $10 off orders of $10 of more at blockbuster.com was like the greatest thing ever.

i dont log onto dvdtalk for 1 day and i miss something like this.

lesson learned
Old 09-01-08, 11:43 PM

wow i can't believe they are shipping the orders... I ordered the complete friends collection for $61 after tax and 2-3 day shipping, but it is on back order and expects to ship in 2 weeks. Does anyone think this will ship because it is on backorder? I really hope it does!!!
Old 09-01-08, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone else have a feeling if we get these we may get another "some people get to keep theirs/some don't" like in the Amazon fiasco?
Old 09-01-08, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
Anyone else have a feeling if we get these we may get another "some people get to keep theirs/some don't" like in the Amazon fiasco?
I can accept if these orders all get cancelled. I expected it. But if some people get theirs and I don't, they WILL be hearing from me.
Old 09-01-08, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I paid by GC and don't have a credit card on file, so I'm in the clear if things go south.
Old 09-02-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
I paid by GC and don't have a credit card on file, so I'm in the clear if things go south.
I'd rather not lose any sleep over it if there's an issue. I hope if they decide to cancel them or charge more they do so BEFORE it leaves the warehouse tomorrow.
Old 09-02-08, 12:35 AM

nice thing about post office once they actually ship it..You know your going to get it,,no way to recall those.
Old 09-02-08, 12:51 AM

This just showed up on slick deals:

I got an email earlier this evening saying that part of my order has shipped.

I have now also received a cancellation email for the same order. Will have to wait and see if the part of the order that said shipped sneaks through.

The cancellation email starts with..

Subject: Follow-Up On Your Borders.com Order # XXXXXXX

Dear YYYYYYY,

We are unable to complete your order at this time. Please contact Customer Care at 800.770.7811 so we can fully process your order. We apologize for the delay.
uh oh.... it begins!!! (i had a feeling nothing was actually going to ship out!)
Old 09-02-08, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn. Just cancel it. I don't feel like calling up CS.
Old 09-02-08, 01:00 AM

Damn. Just cancel it. I don't feel like calling up CS.
yeah how exactly do you respond when they say "this is a customer service code, how did you get it? and do you really expect us to honor it?"

i almost WANT to call if i get that cancellation email, just so i can hear them say, "instead of $141, your new total is $705. Would you still like to proceed with the order and authorize the new charge?" LMFAO!!!

not a chance!

Last edited by cinemaphile; 09-02-08 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-02-08, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah.. I really don't have time for such shenanigans. If they need to cancel it, so be it. No biggie. They should just mass cancel then simply tell people to re-order if they still want it.

I just want the charges or holds or whatever on my card to fall off if they're gonna cancel it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.