DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   (DEAD) 80% Borders.com code (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/538771-dead-80%25-borders-com-code.html)

mraw 09-01-08 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by jeffbase34 (Post 8909239)
All these posts for a code that doesn't work. This thread needs to die

This thread is only half done. The second part will consist of everyone reporting on what became of their orders. We can lock it now :-)

Gizmo 09-01-08 11:10 AM

Still good to go here...

Fiddlesticks 09-01-08 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit (Post 8909266)
Last night, I got the 80% to work on the Summerslam Anthology set and the 70% to work on a textbook I need.

It's good to have priorities.

Cheato 09-01-08 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit (Post 8909266)
Last night, I got the 80% to work on the Summerslam Anthology set and the 70% to work on a textbook I need.

If only one of them gets canceled, which one do you hope most to receive?

Walker Boh 09-01-08 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 8908889)
Someone is so fired come Tuesday.

Sir, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that the number of sales on our website went through the roof over the weekend ...

Senor Javi 09-01-08 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by mzupeman2 (Post 8909147)
Wow, thanks for the contribution.

Yeah, because you added so much with that post. Should I have been the 10th person to post "the codes don't work?" Would that have made you feel better?

SterlingBen 09-01-08 11:42 AM

I still have a couple titles in my cart showing up at 80% off but it won't let me access them.

mzupeman2 09-01-08 11:53 AM

Yeah, I ordered the first three seasons of Weeds on blu-ray in one order for like 25 bucks, and then 35 for the blu ray harry potter boxed set. Score.

Zen Peckinpah 09-01-08 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by SterlingBen (Post 8909323)
I still have a couple titles in my cart showing up at 80% off but it won't let me access them.

Same here, getting a little antsy as I had a LOT in there.

iamiam 09-01-08 12:26 PM

cs6901

zekeburger1979 09-01-08 12:29 PM

I wish I would've seen this yesterday! Oh well. If anyone's orders gets delivered to them at the heavily discounted price, congrats. If not, at least you got a chance! :)

GorillaX 09-01-08 12:37 PM

had a chance to place an order but didn't bother cause these mistakes usually end up being more trouble than they're worth

mzupeman2 09-01-08 12:52 PM

Eh, what trouble? You take a chance and if you succeed, you saved a butt-load of money. You don't succeed, you're not out any money.

DerangedHermit 09-01-08 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cheato (Post 8909289)
If only one of them gets canceled, which one do you hope most to receive?

The DVD, since I can use my financial aid on the book if need be. I also didn't find out about the book requirement until the syllabus was posted online between the time the 80% code was in effect and the time when people found out about the 70% code

mzupeman2 09-01-08 01:00 PM

Out of my two orders, I hope it's the one with the three seasons of Weeds and not the Harry Potter boxed set. I can get the Weeds seasons affordably any time, that boxed set is always going to be a pretty penny I won't always have on hand. PS, after creating my account AFTER placing my orders, my orders have been placed in my accounts order status history as In Process. When I click on the status updates I get:

[ServletException in:/ConsumerDirectStorefrontAssetStore/UserArea/ServiceSection/TrackOrderStatusSubsection/OrderDetailDisplay.jsp] The following error has occurred during processing: "java.lang.NullPointerException".'

However, it means somebody must have looked at it if they associated it with my account after the fact.

hilts 09-01-08 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by mzupeman2 (Post 8909471)
Out of my two orders, I hope it's the one with the three seasons of Weeds and not the Harry Potter boxed set. I can get the Weeds seasons affordably any time, that boxed set is always going to be a pretty penny I won't always have on hand. PS, after creating my account AFTER placing my orders, my orders have been placed in my accounts order status history as In Process. When I click on the status updates I get:

[ServletException in:/ConsumerDirectStorefrontAssetStore/UserArea/ServiceSection/TrackOrderStatusSubsection/OrderDetailDisplay.jsp] The following error has occurred during processing: "java.lang.NullPointerException".'

However, it means somebody must have looked at it if they associated it with my account after the fact.

I got the same message, and I created my account before placing the order. I am interpreting that as their way of saying "Hasta la vista, mofo". It's a dead duck.

cinemaphile 09-01-08 03:40 PM

I woudnt assume that error is a final answer. I got that "java.lang.NullPointerException" error many many MANY times during the ordering process amidst my 3000 refreshes.

while I'm quite certain we wont be getting our orders, I won't consider it dead until the cancellation email comes. I doubt anyone's even LOOKING at these orders before Tuesday anyway.

rdclark 09-01-08 04:28 PM

So if some employee accidentally left a box of DVDs sitting out by the back door when they took a smoke break, and you happened upon them, would it be OK to just pick them up and take them home, even though it was clear that they belonged to the store and some poor schlub just made a mistake?

sumdeus 09-01-08 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by rdclark (Post 8909843)
So if some employee accidentally left a box of DVDs sitting out by the back door when they took a smoke break, and you happened upon them, would it be OK to just pick them up and take them home, even though it was clear that they belonged to the store and some poor schlub just made a mistake?

Not the greatest analogy. It's more like if some B&M employee accidentally marked down every DVD in the store by 80% and you walked up to the register, paid for 20% of the total price and walked out. What you said would be stealing :)

DerangedHermit 09-01-08 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by sumdeus (Post 8909866)
Not the greatest analogy. It's more like if some B&M employee accidentally marked down every DVD in the store by 80% and you walked up to the register, paid for 20% of the total price and walked out.

See the great Target TV on DVD sale of 2005. ;)

alfonsosoriano 09-01-08 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by sumdeus (Post 8909866)
Not the greatest analogy. It's more like if some B&M employee accidentally marked down every DVD in the store by 80% and you walked up to the register, paid for 20% of the total price and walked out. What you said would be stealing :)

I would totally get in on that deal. :D

sumdeus 09-01-08 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit (Post 8909869)

Exact-a-mundo :up:

BuckNaked2k 09-01-08 05:34 PM

I don't think taking advantage of an "80% off everything" coupon is stealing.

Stealing is Borders trying to charge $41.99 + tax for Rush Hour 3 on Blu-ray. -wink-

akik 09-01-08 05:51 PM

you guys are in dreamland, this aint borders teamed with amazon.com anymore... the new customer service is slow, and the opposite of generous, and highly automated, in other words it sucks. the only chance was if they were too slow to notice the code before the items shipped.

cinemaphile 09-01-08 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit (Post 8909869)

I missed that one. (I only stumbled across this site a couple months ago). Anyone care to fill me in? What did I miss?