Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) The Real Ghostbusters The Complete Collection (Shipdate 11/15/08) $150 or less

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) The Real Ghostbusters The Complete Collection (Shipdate 11/15/08) $150 or less

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-08, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember the postcards saying you had to call, but Time Life issued a statement saying they were a mistake and they "assured" us that orders would not be cancelled.... then they started cancelling orders.
Old 10-27-08, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fuck. I wish I would have subscribed to this thread. I had my order canceled. I called customer service and those bastards won't honor my original 25% off code.

Idiots.

What is this thing going to jump to in price when it is released?

Last edited by Numes; 10-27-08 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-27-08, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Numes
Fuck. I wish I would have subscribed to this thread. I had my order canceled. I called customer service and those bastards won't honor my original 25% off code.

Idiots.

That sucks.
Old 10-28-08, 07:29 AM

My order was just cancelled...
Old 10-28-08, 01:37 PM
Cool New Member

Sorry to hear the bad news for some of you guys.

I preordered mine 10/18 and just called now. It wasn't cancelled but I guess that's because it was within 2 weeks. Still paying $157.99 on 4 installment plan. Customer service said it's expected to still ship 11/15
Old 10-28-08, 01:48 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Numes

Idiots.

I would call again and hope to get a different rep. When I called, I told them my original order was for $134.99 (without tax and shipping) and the rep didn't hesitate creating me a new order at that same price. I checked my online status and the new order is at the $134.99 price. Give it another try and good luck.
Old 10-30-08, 01:56 PM

I just called, and they gave it to me for $134.98 when they re-ordered it for me (they ignored the $15 shipping from my previous $149.98 total).
Old 10-31-08, 10:44 AM

Just checked my order online and the estimated ship date has jumped to December 31st.

Originally:

Out of Stock
Expected to ship by 11-15-2008

As of my post:

Out of Stock
Expected to ship by 12-31-2008
Old 10-31-08, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by John*D
Just checked my order online and the estimated ship date has jumped to December 31st.

Originally:

Out of Stock
Expected to ship by 11-15-2008

As of my post:

Out of Stock
Expected to ship by 12-31-2008
My order shows the same thing.

BTW, the Time Life service department has shown they have no idea what they are doing right now sending out all these postcards so if you get one in the mail, regardless of what you read here or elsewhere, make sure to call them up. They clearly aren't all the same page right now. I was lucky that I called in after that third postcard or this set would have costed me additional money.

Last edited by PaulNJ21; 10-31-08 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-10-08, 05:17 PM
Cool New Member

I just got this email today too bad I all ready had free shipping

Dear Fellow Ghostbusters Fan!

Some might say we went a little overboard when we put together The Real Ghostbusters complete collection. We couldn’t help ourselves! This series deserved all the bells and whistles.

In response to fantastic feedback, we’ve created a deluxe firehouse collector’s box with lenticular (hologram) panels on the front and sides. Inside this box are 5 separate steel book cases containing a total of 25 DVDs with every episode from The Real Ghostbusters and Slimer! And The Real Ghostbusters series. The 25th DVD is a special bonus disc with nearly 3 hours of materials, including the never-before-seen promotional pilot with commentary and storyboards! All in all, there will be over 12 hours of bonus material!

Full product shot

Unfortunately, all these extra features, many of which weren’t included in our initial release plan, have lengthened the production time for this set, originally scheduled to ship out on November 15. But, because of all the added features, we will not have completed sets to ship out until November 25.

We know this will come as a disappointment to many, so we have decided to provide all of our pre-order customers with FREE FedEx Express shipping. Our standard shipping time is 2 weeks, so you will still get your set in the same timeframe (probably sooner)!

When you see all the fantastic features this collection has to offer, we’re sure you’ll agree it was worth the wait. So charge up your proton packs…The Real Ghostbusters is almost here!

Sincerely,
Old 11-10-08, 05:20 PM

UPDATE on Delay of release date:

I received an email from Timelife regarding the delay of the release for the Ghostbusters set. It basically stated that because of the additional features (and I would assume the steelbooks) there is/was a production delay and that the orders would begin being shipped on November 25th, 2008.

As a bonus, pre-order customers are getting their shipping for this item upgraded to FREE FEDEX EXPRESS SHIPPING, as compared to what I can only assume would have been US Media Mail.

Since I had my order being shipped to my PO BOX, I called Timelife and changed it to my street address, which FEDEX can deliver to. So if you are in the same situation, I'd recommend doing that right away.

Originally Posted by Timelife
Dear Fellow Ghostbusters Fan!

Some might say we went a little overboard when we put together The Real Ghostbusters complete collection. We couldn’t help ourselves! This series deserved all the bells and whistles.

In response to fantastic feedback, we’ve created a deluxe firehouse collector’s box with lenticular (hologram) panels on the front and sides. Inside this box are 5 separate steel book cases containing a total of 25 DVDs with every episode from The Real Ghostbusters and Slimer! And The Real Ghostbusters series. The 25th DVD is a special bonus disc with nearly 3 hours of materials, including the never-before-seen promotional pilot with commentary and storyboards! All in all, there will be over 12 hours of bonus material!

Unfortunately, all these extra features, many of which weren’t included in our initial release plan, have lengthened the production time for this set, originally scheduled to ship out on November 15. But, because of all the added features, we will not have completed sets to ship out until November 25.

We know this will come as a disappointment to many, so we have decided to provide all of our pre-order customers with FREE FedEx Express shipping. Our standard shipping time is 2 weeks, so you will still get your set in the same timeframe (probably sooner)!

When you see all the fantastic features this collection has to offer, we’re sure you’ll agree it was worth the wait. So charge up your proton packs…The Real Ghostbusters is almost here!

Sincerely,

A. Davis

Time Life, Customer Care Manager

P.S. The credit or debit card you used to pre-order this set will be charged the week of November 25 when we package your collection to ship.
Old 11-10-08, 10:17 PM

Express shipping is something like 3 days?
The only downer here is that this is the week of Thanksgiving...
Old 11-11-08, 12:13 AM
Cool New Member

As long as I have it in time for jolly ol' December (i.e. a couple weeks before Christmas) I'll be happy. Though, it's too bad they didn't release it in September. Watching it right before Halloween would have been perfect but ah well
Old 11-11-08, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by PaulNJ21
For the love of Slimer, they just sent me another postcard with the...

"Unfortunately, we are still out of stock for the items(s) you ordered, however, we expect to ship your selection in 30 days. If you can wait a bit longer to receive your order, please contact our Customer Service Center as shown. Federal regulations prohibit us from holding this order any longer without your consent. Therefore, unless we hear from you with 14 days, we will have to cancel your order and issue a refund.

We hope to hear from you soon.

A. Davis
Customer Service"
I called on the day I posted this to make sure everything was okay because they didn't seem to know what was going on. I got the email about them upgrading my shipping and everything this morning. LATER the same night... I received an email from them because I failed to contact them within 14 days, they canceled my order.

::shakes head::

How much of hassle is this going to be tomorrow talking to this guy saying I called the day I got the postcard and they still canceled my order? I had pre-ordered back when the price was a total of $150. I really don't want to lose this order at that price.
Old 11-11-08, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulNJ21
I called on the day I posted this to make sure everything was okay because they didn't seem to know what was going on. I got the email about them upgrading my shipping and everything this morning. LATER the same night... I received an email from them because I failed to contact them within 14 days, they canceled my order.

::shakes head::

How much of hassle is this going to be tomorrow talking to this guy saying I called the day I got the postcard and they still canceled my order? I had pre-ordered back when the price was a total of $150. I really don't want to lose this order at that price.
It won't be a hassle to get the price but they'll make you re-order it over the phone. Just make sure you know the coupon code you used. The only downside is that you'll now be at the end of the list for shipping. I'm so pissed at the way this has been handled especially since it was brought to their attention a while back. There is really no reason to cancel orders just because a product is delayed which this product isn't delayed. They should make you call if you want to cancel it not the other way around. I've noticed other companies do this as well.
Old 11-11-08, 09:48 AM

I called today and thankfully they restored my order at the price I bought it at.

Hopefully everything ships out on November 25th (as it states it will) and everything is clear sailing from here on out.
Old 11-11-08, 10:01 AM

are there any new coupon codes for time life this month? i'm finally ready to jump on this deal but I don't want to pay full price. thanks in advance!
Old 11-12-08, 12:49 PM

i got the same e-mail. looking forward to getting this, I loved the series growing up so much.
Old 11-12-08, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by lilvenom
are there any new coupon codes for time life this month? i'm finally ready to jump on this deal but I don't want to pay full price. thanks in advance!

AFPUMPKIN

15% off

5 dollar shipping
Old 11-13-08, 03:42 PM

Any chance someone knows a valid Time Life Canada code? I found one for free shipping, but $179 is still a bit steep.
Old 11-21-08, 03:48 PM

Shipped 11-21-08

Last edited by ibarney5; 11-22-08 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Update
Old 11-23-08, 10:37 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by ibarney5
Shipped 11-21-08

Really? I thought they said they'll be shipping it on the 25th?
Old 11-23-08, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. G
Really? I thought they said they'll be shipping it on the 25th?
It's supposed to be in our hands by the 25th is what I understood.
Old 11-23-08, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ibarney... did you get an email?
Old 11-24-08, 02:21 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by mcfly
It's supposed to be in our hands by the 25th is what I understood.

Well then

Considering today's the 24th.... it should be here today or tomorrow, just in time before Thanksgiving. I really wished they got it out before Halloween (obviously) but I guess beggars can't be choosers

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.