DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   All store exclusives and freebies - 8/10/08 to 8/16/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/537402-all-store-exclusives-freebies-8-10-08-8-16-08-a.html)

Trevor 08-09-08 08:14 AM

All store exclusives and freebies - 8/10/08 to 8/16/08

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; We'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals
tons of free movie deals at various retailers, see the above linked thread for full details

Best Buy -
several e-movie ticket offers, as usual, see the movie ticket thread for more info
several Sesame Street Elmo type titles - free plush, Abby, Grover, or Elmo

Target -
Ni Hao Kai-Lan: Super Special Days - barettes
South Park Season 11 - lenticular packaging

Circuit City -
South Park Season 11 - magnet set

Wal Mart / Sam's Club -
I searched and found nothing new

K-Mart/Sears -
American Mall - second DVD w/ 40 minutes of content

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC -
Prom Night - bonus DVD (see below for details)

Barnes and Noble -

Borders -

Costco -
unless those Cliff Notes/DVD packages are exclusive to Costco, but I don't think they are

GameStop / MovieStop - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Toys-R-Us -

The Disney Store - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Meijers - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Acme / Albertson's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food / Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Fred Meyer - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Canadian Exclusives - I have not been in the stores to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Trevor 08-13-08 10:02 AM

Nine chains hit, updates made.

Ajay C 08-13-08 08:32 PM

Good work, Trevor.

A light week, thankfully.

taco5 08-20-08 06:57 AM

"Prom Night" 2 Disc?

Has anyone come across this? I see someone on ebay is selling one but they do not specify from what retailer.

taco5 08-22-08 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 8885823)
Has anyone come across this? I see someone on ebay is selling one but they do not specify from what retailer.

Nevermind. I found it. FYE

Trevor 08-22-08 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 8889729)
Nevermind. I found it. FYE

Thanks. So what's the full story here? Prom Night had a bonus disc at FYE?

taco5 08-22-08 12:17 PM

FYE Bonus Disc for Prom Night

Disc 1:

Audio Commentary with Director Nelson McCormick, Brittany Snow, and Jonathon Schaech
Deleted Scenes
Alternate Ending
Gag Reel
Bridgeport High Vikings Video Yearbook
A Night to Remember: The Making of Prom Night
Profile of a Killer
Gothic Spaces: Creating the Pacific Grand Hotel
Prom Night Photo Album: Real Prom Stories from the Cast
Theatrical Trailer
TV Spots
Previews
Disc 2 (Exclusive Limited Edition FYE Bonus DVD):

Body Count: Investigating the Murders - Behind the Scenes with the Cast and Crew