DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

BB $3.99 DVD W/Free Shipping & Free Movie Ticket

Old 08-03-08, 03:16 PM

BB $3.99 DVD W/Free Shipping & Free Movie Ticket

Although this has been mentioned in other threads, I believe it deserves its own thread for those that may not have seen it. Credit the flicker & Doc Moonlight.

Buy one of these select dvd's at BB with free shipping & receive free movie certificate to see Righteous Kill or Traitor.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....s&nrp=30&iht=n

Place one of these movies in your cart . Click on: Free Movie Certificate: Find Out How- below the price of your movie in your cart - select movie cash & add it to your cart.

More movies that qualify with free shipping. $3.99 & up.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....questid=614864
Old 08-03-08, 03:56 PM

Is this web only?

Because I bought some of those DVDs yesterday at BB via pricematching a Circuit City ad.
Old 08-03-08, 09:56 PM

I think if you want a free movie ticket for each purchased dvd then you will have to do separate orders.
Old 08-03-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You can also still get the movie cash for The X-Files in store with *ANY* title.
Old 08-03-08, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by basaro
You can also still get the movie cash for The X-Files in store with *ANY* title.
ANY? Doesn't the packaging for the movie cash list select DVDs?
Old 08-03-08, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by basaro
can anyone confirm this? If so im going to bestbuy, if my local theatre is still showing xfiles
Old 08-04-08, 12:02 AM

yes free x-files movie cash for all at best buy with any dvd purchase, i did it today, it comes up as $0.00.
Old 08-04-08, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by lectersvictim
yes free x-files movie cash for all at best buy with any dvd purchase, i did it today, it comes up as $0.00.
Wow, I hope this is true
Old 08-04-08, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, OP. I ordered Layer Cake... I had to do store pickup on it since it is backordered, but the free ticket will be shipped...
Old 08-04-08, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The X-File ticket is with any dvd purchase...does that include sets? I was interested in picking up Get Smart: Season 1 but Target has it a few bucks cheaper. With the movie ticket available at Best Buy, that may change my plans.
Old 08-04-08, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
The X-File ticket is with any dvd purchase...does that include sets? I was interested in picking up Get Smart: Season 1 but Target has it a few bucks cheaper. With the movie ticket available at Best Buy, that may change my plans.
It appears I can pre-order Get Smart online, get free shipping and the ticket for Righteous Kill/Traitor.
Old 08-04-08, 03:22 AM

Thanks cookie, just ordered.
Old 08-04-08, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw this on another site yesterday morning and ordered two movies on two seperate orders with two certificates. Want to see both movies.
Old 08-04-08, 11:43 AM

Looks like this might be dead? I just went back to try and get another ticket and the offer page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at157100050020 now has no way to add the certificate to your cart.

Oh well, I got 4, so I can't complain.

Last edited by theflicker; 08-04-08 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Typos . . .
Old 08-04-08, 11:57 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Just got my shipping notification, just the movie in both orders, free vouchers aren't mentioned on the shipping notification.

Previous experience has also shown that BB is not very good about including the freebies in online orders, either shipped or store-pickups.

But I'm not too worried. I go to BB all the time, so I'll talk to a CSR and get my vouchers eventually.
Old 08-04-08, 12:20 PM

Appears dead, since as was previously noted the ability to add the certificate to the cart is not working
Old 08-04-08, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Just got my shipping notification, just the movie in both orders, free vouchers aren't mentioned on the shipping notification.

Previous experience has also shown that BB is not very good about including the freebies in online orders, either shipped or store-pickups.

But I'm not too worried. I go to BB all the time, so I'll talk to a CSR and get my vouchers eventually.
Yeah, I got two shipping confirmations sans tickets as well. I think the ticket was noted as a 'pre-order' so maybe it'll ship separately?
Old 08-04-08, 12:27 PM

Placed 4 orders yesterday including 2 that I just bought in store earlier in the afternoon.

Going to return those two later this week and get 2 different $3.99 DVDs if there's still some X-Files movie cash around.
Old 08-04-08, 12:52 PM

I ordered one DVD online yesterday with the free ticket and I got the shipping notice for the DVD this morning and when I check online it says the free ticket will ship on 8/24. Also when you read the fine print on the free ticket offer it says "Available while supplies last". So, I guess they ran through all of the free tickets.
Old 08-04-08, 02:17 PM

Was hoping to sell the free tickets on craigslist for the price of the dvd! I figured if they didn't sell or if Best Buy doesn't send them, they will be getting most of what I ordered back! I'll have to check the return policy though. We'll see. A couple, like Snatch and Alvin and the Chipmunks, didn't work with the movie cash offer to begin with so I didn't order them.

Last edited by videoguy; 08-04-08 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-04-08, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just re-read Best Buy's small fine print online. First, as ChefWinduAZ noted, the movie cash was available "while supplies last[ed]." Secondly, if you want to return any items with which a free item was included, you must either return the freebie, too, or its value will be subtracted from the refund amount. Now, for those who are saying they'll return their $3.99 DVD's since they didn't get the movie cash, that's a moot point. For folks like SkyDog who bought the same discs and are planning to return two, I suggest using the in-store receipt. I know that lectersvictim said the movie cash rang up $0.00, but why risk some kind of extra small fine print screwjob? As for me, hell, I'll just be happy to score some $3.99 DVDs.
Old 08-04-08, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ordered Layer Cake...got a backorder notice.
Old 08-04-08, 06:24 PM
KLZ
Cool New Member

Im not really interested in the free certificate, I picked up 6 of the dvds at my bestbuy store today though, great price.. I love these cheap dvds. Was pretty weird today, the power actually went out in the store and the backup power came on for a short time.

I wish CC did free shipping on their 3.99 dvds online last week, I would have bought some but I did not want to spend quite $25 cause they did not have all their titles online.
Old 08-04-08, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by theflicker
Yeah, I got two shipping confirmations sans tickets as well. I think the ticket was noted as a 'pre-order' so maybe it'll ship separately?

It does say the vouchers will ship seperately.

Wish I had ordered this last night now I'm out of luck.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.