Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The Official Borders Coupon Thread volume 2 - Updated Weekly

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-11, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Official Borders Coupon Thread volume 2 - Updated Weekly

Ordered Diabolique and Pale Flower Criterions. (Another, Great Dictator, is having problems going through - I'll try again Monday) Thanks for the codes! (Lessens my list for the BN sale which may be coming up)
Old 05-22-11, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyone else getting an error when attempting to add an item to their cart?
Old 05-22-11, 08:22 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by g
It said that too for me. But I went further in checkout and it showed.
Do you have to be a rewards member for the FS code to work? I was checking out as a guest and it keeps telling me I've used the code before.

I ordered the Unsolved Mysteries Ultimate Collection for $59.88 and eligible for free shipping. It may get cancelled (2-4 week wait time), but that's the cheapest I've seen it.
Old 05-22-11, 09:57 AM

For those who can't get the FS code to work: when you get to the page where you enter in coupon codes, gift cards, and payment information, enter in the coupon code for FS. Nothing will happen. If you enter the code again, you'll get the error saying you already used the code. Proceed with the checkout process anyway. On the next page, you'll have the option to change your shipping preference, payment information, address, etc. Edit your shipping preference. Priority shipping showing $0.00 should be an option. Select this. You'll have to put in your credit card information again, but it's a small price to pay.
Old 05-22-11, 06:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Placed another order this evening and was able to stack the 2 codes again! 50% off and free 2-3 day shipping!
Thanks again-
Old 05-22-11, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

I keep trying to place an order (for days now) and all I get is this:

We're sorry, due to technical difficulties we were unable to add the item to your shopping cart. Please try again.
I've used multiple browsers on three different boxes. I can't login either. Annoying. I'm wondering if they've cut off my state.
Old 05-22-11, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by coyoteblue

I've used multiple browsers on three different boxes. I can't login either. Annoying. I'm wondering if they've cut off my state.
I was getting that message multiple times today when I was trying to place my order. But it finally went through, after trying about 10 times. I'd just suggest you keep trying.
Old 05-22-11, 10:22 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

$18.12, total, for Solaris (bluray)
Old 05-23-11, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by SFranke
For those who can't get the FS code to work:
Thanks for the instructions -- I wouldn't have figured it out otherwise.

I was able to order a few Synapse and Blue Underground BDs for under $13 each. Seems like a solid price for those.

Last edited by joe_b; 05-24-11 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-23-11, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I feel the need to buy more stuff, but I can't think of anything else to get. But I'm sure I'll think of many things after the coupon has expired, just like I did after the last B&N 50% coupon...
Old 05-23-11, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the advice about the free shipping code, rkndkn and SFranke. Not very intuitive!

Now I've been getting the same error RockJack got: "We're sorry, but there was a problem processing your order. Please review your payment information and verify that you have entered it correctly, or use an alternate payment method to complete your order. (CS210)." I checked my credit card and it's showing a pending charge, but nothing shows up in my Borders account. I'm on hold to speak to Borders now...

Update: Just talked to a very unhelpful and clueless outsourced rep who said the order didn't go through because they're having site issues. He assured me (without checking anything specific to my account) that the pending charge will come off eventually. He simply said to try again later.

Last edited by DVDude!; 05-23-11 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Update
Old 05-23-11, 11:53 AM

In case anyone is interested, the Criterion 2-disc Blu-ray edition of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button has a Borders list price of $19.99, so $10 after coupon:

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...u=097361430744

It's not my kind of movie but I figure someone might be interested at that price.
Old 05-23-11, 12:56 PM
Duplicate accounts are verboten

..just picked up "gargoyles" tv movie from 1972 for $10.32 using the 50% off coupon and free shipping...great deal
Old 05-23-11, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDude!
Update: Just talked to a very unhelpful and clueless outsourced rep who said the order didn't go through because they're having site issues. He assured me (without checking anything specific to my account) that the pending charge will come off eventually. He simply said to try again later.
I was having issues a few hours ago as well, but my order just went through now without issue...
Old 05-23-11, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by REPENT
..just picked up "gargoyles" tv movie from 1972 for $10.32 using the 50% off coupon and free shipping...great deal
Hey, me too!

That's mostly what I've been purchasing with this deal -- older cult titles that never seem to go on sale. I'm glad Gargoyles finally got reissued so I could pick it up at a reasonable price.
Old 05-23-11, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coyoteblue

Just tried to order an item on their site and even on the phone yesterday and today, but their website is having major technical issues and they told me they would have this repaired soon and therefore, are extending the 50% off one title and free shipping offers as a result of the inconvenience. Had to wait 10 minutes before I could get a hold of someone there and that was a bigtime challenge as well speaking to somoeone who could barely speak English. Has Borders really gone downhill?
Old 05-23-11, 04:40 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by rmw650
Just tried to order an item on their site and even on the phone yesterday and today, but their website is having major technical issues and they told me they would have this repaired soon and therefore, are extending the 50% off one title and free shipping offers as a result of the inconvenience. Had to wait 10 minutes before I could get a hold of someone there and that was a bigtime challenge as well speaking to somoeone who could barely speak English. Has Borders really gone downhill?
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh they're on the verge of total bankruptcy. like the kind you don't recover from. they're barely hanging in there
Old 05-23-11, 05:18 PM

I attempted one final order after experiencing a lag with their site this afternoon.

I hit the 'Place Order' button and got a Technical Difficulties notice with instructions telling me to re-enter my payment info. I hit the order button again and was redirected back to my shopping cart with the message "Your cart has been modified" appearing above the item. I was hesitant to try again, as I wasn't sure if it went through or not and didn't want to create a duplicate order. I received a confirmation e-mail a short time later, so hopefully it all works out.
Old 05-23-11, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by DVDude!
Thanks for the advice about the free shipping code, rkndkn and SFranke. Not very intuitive!

Now I've been getting the same error RockJack got: "We're sorry, but there was a problem processing your order. Please review your payment information and verify that you have entered it correctly, or use an alternate payment method to complete your order. (CS210)." I checked my credit card and it's showing a pending charge, but nothing shows up in my Borders account. I'm on hold to speak to Borders now...

I hope i wont get the item 10 times because i tried it so many times

Well, i am happy that i am not the only one who got the error message and thanks for asking the customer service.

Does anybody knows for how long the 50% OFF code is valid?
Old 05-23-11, 08:53 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by RockJack
I hope i wont get the item 10 times because i tried it so many times

Well, i am happy that i am not the only one who got the error message and thanks for asking the customer service.

Does anybody knows for how long the 50% OFF code is valid?
supposedly through the end of tonight (23rd)
Old 05-23-11, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

I knew about this offer almost as soon as it hit, but most of what I've been planning to pick up was either going to fall into the B2G1 or Criterion sale at B&N. Other than that, I would have like to get the Superman BD set, but no way I'm paying almost $70 for what are really only two films in the set I want.
Besides, I hate jumping through all those hoops to sign up for new accounts and new passwords, etc.

Then, an hour ago as the clock was winding down I realized this would be the perfect opportunity to pick up some of the titles further down on my want list that were on the back burner waiting for major price drops. Was able to squeeze in a couple orders using each of the codes and ship to store to get Scent Of Green Papayas (Bd) for $14 and Hurry Sundown for $11 (and yeah, I just read the review for HS...but I like the cast and have always wanted to see it).

If I'd been more on the ball, I would have gotten these in earlier and then tried for some other titles, especially some July pre-orders, with some different e-mail accounts and CCs. Oh well.
Old 05-23-11, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

^The codes aren't dead yet.
Old 05-23-11, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yup, just got another order off on a different email account (but the same CC).
Old 05-24-11, 12:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In addition to the Criterion blu rays that many seem to be ordering, there are some good deals on Kino titles. I went with Gaumont Treasures Vol. 2 (DVD) and The Scent of Green Papaya (blu ray), and thought about The Complete Metropolis blu ray, but Borders' price wasn't as much of a savings over other sellers. I just watched The Vertical Ray of the Sun, so I'm eager to watch The Scent of Green Papaya.

I also thought Blood:The Last Vampire (2009) (blu ray) at $12.49 plus tax after coupon was a good deal.
Old 05-24-11, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ended up with
Hurry Sundown $11.95
Hannie Caulder (Blu-ray) $14.14
The Hustler (Blu-ray) $17.95
The Scent Of Green Papayas (Blu-ray) $14.14

all prices include tax. The Hustler gave me pause, but if I had seen it on Amazon for $16.50 (which is the same price before tax) I would have jumped on it anyway- and still had to pay tax. The other prices, just kick ass all over what I would have had to pay at the big A- so I'm definitely happy with this deal.

just can't help myself

Something Wild(Blu-ray) $20.65
The Stunt Man (Blu-ray) $15.76

Last edited by Paul_SD; 05-24-11 at 01:44 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.