Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

THX 1138 - The Director's Cut (Two-Disc Special Edition) $4.97 @ FYE

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 07-07-08, 03:19 PM

FYE has a new display of 3 for $12 DVD's. Most of them look like they are some of the Big Lots movies we have been seeing. But the best find within this display is the THX 1138 - George Lucas The Director's Cut (Two-Disc Special Edition). Regularly Priced at $4.97. Amazon price is $22. Enjoy!
Old 07-07-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I saw that display over the weekend. Almost all of it was the Big Lots stuff except for THX 1138, I even said that same thing to my cousin when we saw it.

It also may be worth mentioning, and this is likely old news but it's new to me since I'm almost never in an FYE store, but when you're in there check out their "bargain" type table. It's a section where they put damaged items, and they have them priced way low. They seem to put new stuff there that is damaged, and also used stuff that isn't in 100% perfect condition. If someone trades in a DVD with a sticker on it, and it looks messy, it seems to end up here, priced way less than it normally would be.

I picked up the Ghost Rider Blu-ray for just $5.99, all because it had a couple of stickers on the front and back of the case. I took it home, used a little Goo Gone, and it looks great now. They had the Crank Blu-ray for $9.99 just because it had a sticker on the case also, but passed that one since I already own it.

If you're willing to put in time with Goo Gone, you can get some great deals there.
Old 07-07-08, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I tried to find the THX 1138 2 disc there when I first seen this thread but I had no luck....