Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

TARGET -- 2 packs of TV sets -- 19.99

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-12, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: TARGET -- 2 packs of TV sets -- 19.99

Been waiting at least three years for the I LOVE LUCY two pack to move beyond the S1 and S2 I bought back then. So it's finally here, but now I don't know if I should just wait for a deal on The Complete Series and sell the first two seasons. There have been bargains for the series set, but my price is $50 and it hasn't hit that low...yet.
Old 01-14-12, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went out last week. They where working on the TV sets. I was able to pickup Season 3 & 4 of Saturday Night Live for $15. About a month before I pickup Seasons 1 & 2 $15 each. Just need #5. Was thinking of taking back the 1st two for a refund but they are not going to put them in a two pack.

I hope they do this also for I love lucy. I have Season 1 and 2 so it would need to be 3 and up. Need the last 3 of Tales of the Crypt.
Old 01-14-12, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Been waiting at least three years for the I LOVE LUCY two pack to move beyond the S1 and S2 I bought back then. So it's finally here, but now I don't know if I should just wait for a deal on The Complete Series and sell the first two seasons. There have been bargains for the series set, but my price is $50 and it hasn't hit that low...yet.
Personally I would rather have them seperate. I hate the packaging for the series set.
Spoiler:
Old 01-14-12, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Personally I would rather have them seperate. I hate the packaging for the series set.
Spoiler:
I really like the idea of complete series sets, but almost ALL complete series sets have crappy packaging. I just don't understand why the studios can't release complete series sets in good sturdy packaging where the discs are actually in slimcases, not sleeves, envelopes, slots or spindles.

The only complete series I really like is the first Friends (w/ the 10 season is a case) and Miami Vice. I do like Nip/Tuck and Dr. Quinn as well. Seinfeld is all right, but for the most part they blow.
Old 01-14-12, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 376 Likes on 236 Posts

Agree with you. I don't care for the complete series packaging at all.
Old 01-14-12, 08:57 PM
Cool New Member

I've got several series sets that are in great packaging: Get Smart, The Six Million Dollar Man and Twilight Zone. My Brady Bunch, however, is crap.

Ron Braun
Toon It Up - The Art of Ron Braun
toon-it-up.com

Old 01-15-12, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You might just be talking me into getting the separate sets for LUCY. That picture speaks a a thousand words, BigJim, thanks for posting it. I guess If I could eventually get the last two sets, 5 & 6 for close to ten bucks each I would be near my COMPLETE SERIES wish price.
Old 01-16-12, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
The only complete series I really like is the first Friends (w/ the 10 season is a case).
Yup, I have that. Nice set!
Old 01-17-12, 03:44 PM

I picked up JAG S1-S2, which I've been wanting for a while. $7.50 per season is pretty good. Not much else for me, but this is one of the best batches of Target twofers in while.
Old 01-17-12, 06:32 PM
Zbu

Originally Posted by drmar35mm
I picked up JAG S1-S2, which I've been wanting for a while. $7.50 per season is pretty good. Not much else for me, but this is one of the best batches of Target twofers in while.
It's like they finally got around to pulling the plug out and giving us some really awesome doubles. I wonder if some other Universal shows will be next.
Old 01-17-12, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish that they would offer Quantum Leap S1 & S2. I've seen and purchased S3-5 in the past when they've been on good deals (though not $7.50 good), but for whatever reason I never seen S1 or S2 go anywhere near as low.
Old 01-18-12, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
I wish that they would offer Quantum Leap S1 & S2. I've seen and purchased S3-5 in the past when they've been on good deals (though not $7.50 good), but for whatever reason I never seen S1 or S2 go anywhere near as low.
Never even seen them selling Quantum Leap at my two targets close by. Then again SNL I did get the only set they had last week.
Old 01-18-12, 06:58 PM

I would have to think quantum leap is ripe for getting a release as a cheap complete set, either as a spindle pack a la what's happening and good times, or how they did married with children. I guess demand would dictate.

NBC currently has S1 and S2 available for streaming on their website for those just looking to watch it. I hope to get to that before they take them down.

The somewhat bruised condition of the individual sets inside the target 2-packs makes me think these are unsold items sent back to the studio by various outlets and repackaged for this purpose. I am guessing S1 and S2 are too far out of print to have many leftovers to do that with. I'm not sure why amazon is now listing Jan 10, 2012 as the date first available for these sets unless there is some reprint now.
Old 01-18-12, 09:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

The double packs are in next week's ad but they are not marked down. Advertised at $15.
Old 01-18-12, 11:16 PM
Zbu

Originally Posted by mgdeals
I would have to think quantum leap is ripe for getting a release as a cheap complete set, either as a spindle pack a la what's happening and good times, or how they did married with children. I guess demand would dictate.

NBC currently has S1 and S2 available for streaming on their website for those just looking to watch it. I hope to get to that before they take them down.

The somewhat bruised condition of the individual sets inside the target 2-packs makes me think these are unsold items sent back to the studio by various outlets and repackaged for this purpose. I am guessing S1 and S2 are too far out of print to have many leftovers to do that with. I'm not sure why amazon is now listing Jan 10, 2012 as the date first available for these sets unless there is some reprint now.
We could hope for single-sided discs. And if we're lucky, the original music. But I'm not that hopeful.
Old 01-18-12, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Texan26
The double packs are in next week's ad but they are not marked down. Advertised at $15.
Last year, they were marked down by at least Jan 25th according to this thread, but I think they were also in stores right after Christmas, which is earlier than this year, so maybe it will need an extra week to hit $12. But if the store is low on stock, I wouldn't chance it over $3. They're in a much higher traffic area this year.
Old 01-19-12, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My local Target finally got the I LOVE LUCY two pack and it was $15. Couldn't resist it. Now if I can just somehow get the last three sets for $20 or below that will keep the complete series close to my wishful $50 mark.

Last edited by ProfessorEcho; 01-19-12 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-19-12, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mgdeals
I agree, but with rights issues and whatnot, some decisions are hard to decipher (imo at least). For example, I was surprised when Doogie Howser went OOP. It seemed sudden to me and I don't know if/when it will be made available again. At least QL is all in-print.

I may look into that, thanks!
Old 01-19-12, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went to a Target today that had 2 displays of these in two different places. One was for the $15 price with DVDs that matched the picture, the other was for more expensive packs, like Fringe at (I think) $39.99, Nip/Tuck, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.
Old 02-01-12, 02:00 AM

Unlike last year, still seeing this display at got a Brady Bunch. They still had Lucy, Magnum, Jag, and Weeds.
Old 02-02-12, 06:43 PM

Has anyone noticed they can't seem to keep in their 2 for $15 dollar sets? Its like they are getting 1 set, then selling out...even their lame Bogata section with exercise Dvds was mostly empty...if this is it, not nearly the number of Tv series sets as last year....
Old 02-07-12, 11:15 PM

My target seems to have replaced the $15 rack with something else now. Are they gone for everyone else?
Old 02-08-12, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
My local Target finally got the I LOVE LUCY two pack and it was $15. Couldn't resist it. Now if I can just somehow get the last three sets for $20 or below that will keep the complete series close to my wishful $50 mark.
The only I Love Lucy 2-pack I've ever seen at Target is S3 & S4 for $15. I won't buy those 2 seasons without being able to get S1 & S2 for the same price (and that pack never made it to my Target).

Strangely, my notes say the Complete Series set has 9 seasons, so even if there were 3 2-packs that would leave 3 missing seasons at the end. My notes are probably wrong, and I don't have time to research it as I'm not a big I Love Lucy Fan (though more so than Crocodile Dundee was). While I liked some I Love Lucy episodes (the John Wayne ones are among my favorites), getting the whole series can wait until I see a much better deal.
Old 02-08-12, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana
The only I Love Lucy 2-pack I've ever seen at Target is S3 & S4 for $15. I won't buy those 2 seasons without being able to get S1 & S2 for the same price (and that pack never made it to my Target).

Strangely, my notes say the Complete Series set has 9 seasons, so even if there were 3 2-packs that would leave 3 missing seasons at the end. My notes are probably wrong, and I don't have time to research it as I'm not a big I Love Lucy Fan (though more so than Crocodile Dundee was). While I liked some I Love Lucy episodes (the John Wayne ones are among my favorites), getting the whole series can wait until I see a much better deal.
7,8,9 are not full seasons and are packaged together. Consider it one season. As for S1/S2, I swear there was a 2-pack of those years ago. Although I hate the complete series packaging, I'm pretty sure there is a bonus disc, which is what swayed me to get it.
Old 02-08-12, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
7,8,9 are not full seasons and are packaged together. Consider it one season. As for S1/S2, I swear there was a 2-pack of those years ago. Although I hate the complete series packaging, I'm pretty sure there is a bonus disc, which is what swayed me to get it.
The bonus disc has been released as a stand alone I Love Lucy, the Movie DVD and has shown up at Big Lots for $5. The real advantage of the Complete Series set is that, in it, season 1 is restored to the same high quality as the later seasons. In the individual season 1 box set unrestored masters were used for season 1 as the Season 1 box originally was a compilation of earlier DVDs that just featured a few episodes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.