Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Prices: July 6 - July 12, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-08, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
yes, but i am not sure if it is just me but the website is not active, it isn't even a website as yet. the certificate in the movies say log on on 8/1/08. doesn't that seem odd to not even have a functioning site and then to only be able to log on the day of the opening.

anyone else try?
It's how they've been doing the moviecash lately. Was the same way for the recent Hulk/Wanted/Hellboy2/Mummy moviecash promo. Website didn't exist until the day the Hulk started.
Old 07-08-08, 05:40 PM

The Joker art is not a lithograph it is a lenticular inside the box..same size as the Batman Begins lenticular in the set..it is refered to as a "The Dark Knight" lenticular.
Old 07-08-08, 08:24 PM

Hi. Does anyone have a break down of the cards in the US Bestbuy Batman Begins set? I'm trying to find out if it's the same as the Canadian ones I posted.

The ones at other Canadian retailers seem to have a different set of card:

Later
Old 07-08-08, 09:28 PM

Struck out at my local store with Curb S6 for $16.99. (There were two big empty spots on the shelf where it should have been.) I checked in the front, HBO section, and even some random endcaps with no luck. I came home disappointed, but ended up ordering it online with free shipping. That was a nice surprise. BB doesn't usually have free shipping, do they?
Old 07-09-08, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ltrain
Struck out at my local store with Curb S6 for $16.99. (There were two big empty spots on the shelf where it should have been.) I checked in the front, HBO section, and even some random endcaps with no luck. I came home disappointed, but ended up ordering it online with free shipping. That was a nice surprise. BB doesn't usually have free shipping, do they?
They do from time to time.
Old 07-09-08, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Are the steelbook Batman GK's basically gone? Were they available online at all?
Old 07-09-08, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RockStrongo
Are the steelbook Batman GK's basically gone? Were they available online at all?

Online....... unknown.

Mine still had about 12 last night.

I may go back tonight and see if there are any left.

Need some help?
Old 07-09-08, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Online....... unknown.

Mine still had about 12 last night.

I may go back tonight and see if there are any left.

Need some help?
way to go speedy
Old 07-09-08, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 955 Likes on 663 Posts
I was able to PM the BB steelbook with the Circuit City "price" of $12.99. I just picked the greenest looking BB employee who didn't even know that they priced matched. She kept saying "This is Best Buy not Circuit City".

YMMV though as for one it is just the picture of the two disc version in the CC ad the actual price is supposed to be $23. And two if you are going for the steelbook version it will have a different cover then the one pictured so you might have to explain your way through.