Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore)

Old 06-29-08, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Anderson
Got the deal! I'm a big fan of the show but never picked up any of the sets. Figured I would get around to it someday. Today was the day.

Pics here:

www.horrordvds.com/misc/24-1.jpg
www.horrordvds.com/misc/24-2.jpg

No tax in NH either.

Clerk just scanned the coupon, saw the price drop significantly, checked the coupon about three times, and then told me to have a nice day.

I was bummed because they only had S1 (s/b), S4, and S6 in the aisle. I bought S1/S2 online last night when the deal kicked in, but I haven't picked those up (may return them; may keep them for a gift or something). Anyway, they had a display up front with all the seasons in it, though it was dwindling fast. I grabbed them and off I went.

Oh, and as I made my way towards the case up front, there were three employees in front of it talking about the deal. I didn't hear much of the conversation but it definitely involved 24. I think they were just surprised by the deal. I don't see why BB would care, as I believe Fox reimburses them the coupon amount. These are going to disappear fast, though.
Did you happen to see President Bartlet and his staff in the store?

To sweeten the deal even more, Season 6 has a coupon on the back of the booklet for a free 20 oz. Vault that expires tomorrow!
Old 06-29-08, 02:02 PM
Cool New Member

I'm glad this worked for others too!
Dave Anderson -Thanks for receipt pics.
Old 06-29-08, 02:06 PM

thats a amazing deal, although I got each season for about 20, cept for 6 i dont have that one yet.
Old 06-29-08, 02:08 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
so what do you do if you see online that the particular store you want to go to doesn't have them ALL?
Old 06-29-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just got shot down on the offer. It would have worked if the coupon had scanned and applied the discount automatically for me. Instead, it said "Invalid Coupon". The manager needed to come over and give it an over-ride. He said the coupon was not good with "any other offers" and that since the seasons were already on sale there was no way I could use it. He claimed "there's just no way we would ever sell these to you for $2 each, with or without coupon".

I'm going to try again tomorrow.
Old 06-29-08, 02:09 PM
Premium Member

Received 690 Likes on 462 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
so what do you do if you see online that the particular store you want to go to doesn't have them ALL?
Go somewhere else.
Old 06-29-08, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow
Go somewhere else.
well, i have 2 near me (about 20 minutes each a different way from home). 1 has 4 of them and neither has 2 of them. no other stores close that have all 6.
Old 06-29-08, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Well, didn't work at mine. The cashier didn't even bother scanning the coupon and called over the manager who looked at the back which said not combinable with other offers. I still think it should've worked since the $15 off each is something from Fox, not BB, but I didn't feel like arguing with them. I already own the sets and was going to get these for my sister.
DVD Talk Reviewer

Hey, I also have a question for those of you that have been successful. Could it be the coupon showed as invalid as it was scanned AFTER all the sets and not before? Could this be why it said it was invalid?

Best Buy didn't pull the plug on the coupon did they?

Any idea if this will work in conjunction with this offer? I'm feeling greedy.

Old 06-29-08, 02:16 PM
Cool New Member

You don't have to use the coupon for all 6, for example you could buy season 1 SE, Season 2, Season 4 & Season 6 and you would get a total of $45 off.
So you don't have to buy all 6.
Old 06-29-08, 02:16 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
confirmed, worked just fine in Massachusetts.
Old 06-29-08, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

well, i have 2 near me (about 20 minutes each a different way from home). 1 has 4 of them and neither has 2 of them. no other stores close that have all 6.
Sometimes when they show as not in stock they may still have one or two copies. Go to one of them, either one, and see if you get lucky. If not, buy as many of them as they have. That is still better than nothing at $1.99 each.
Old 06-29-08, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by acejh87
You don't have to use the coupon for all 6, for example you could buy season 1 SE, Season 2, Season 4 & Season 6 and you would get a total of $45 off.
So you don't have to buy all 6.
right, but if i am gonna do this i want them all rather than not a whole collection. i don't have any sets and wanted at least S1, but with an offer like this, just stupid not to get them all.

would anyone be willing to pick all these up for me, preferably in mint condition and maybe make $5?? i would really appreciate it!
Old 06-29-08, 02:21 PM

Yes sir just got back from BB 6 seasons total is $28.99 .
Old 06-29-08, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Well, didn't work at mine. The cashier didn't even bother scanning the coupon and called over the manager who looked at the back which said not combinable with other offers. I still think it should've worked since the $15 off each is something from Fox, not BB, but I didn't feel like arguing with them. I already own the sets and was going to get these for my sister.
Got shot down for the same reason at the Patchogue, NY store.

Ordered it online since I only needed S1 Special Edition and S6.
Old 06-29-08, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

damn, now I wish I was a fan of 24, since this is the best deal ever
Old 06-29-08, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by nothingfails
damn, now I wish I was a fan of 24, since this is the best deal ever
Do it anyways, you could probably trade them all in at FYE for more than $27.
Old 06-29-08, 02:36 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by GenPion
I just got shot down on the offer. It would have worked if the coupon had scanned and applied the discount automatically for me. Instead, it said "Invalid Coupon". The manager needed to come over and give it an over-ride. He said the coupon was not good with "any other offers" and that since the seasons were already on sale there was no way I could use it. He claimed "there's just no way we would ever sell these to you for $2 each, with or without coupon".

I'm going to try again tomorrow.
I got shot down...called best buy and they say they will review and offer the discounts via Giftcard. The supervisor said "Cannot be combined with other offers" I said a sale is not an offer! Bi34Tc wouldn't budge when it clearly says nothing to that nature on the FRONT of the sticker. I didn't see the inside of the sticker so I don't know but I went to another Bestbuy and they honored it. Just have the clerk press YES when the popup screen says "Do you want this discount applied to all!

Good Luck everyone!
Old 06-29-08, 02:42 PM

You think the way those bastards at Best Buy are acting, the money was coming out of their own pocket. Never mind that they get the coupon credit back from the manufacturer.

If Circuit City, FYE, Target or Walmart had this deal, they wouldn't have batted an eye.
Old 06-29-08, 02:43 PM

I finally decided to get my lazy ass up and go out to Best Buy. Got seasons 1-4 for $24.85 total. I already had season 5 and they were out of 6, but hopefully they'll get more 6 in before the sale is over. Wouldn't mind paying the full $16.99 for it...just to complete the series up until now.

Thanks for the heads up acejh87.
Old 06-29-08, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone in Minnesota try this yet?
Old 06-29-08, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Worked for me. There was another guy doing the same thing I was, he gott here first and got all the season but 5. All that was left on the shelf was 1 special, a few 2 and a bunch of 6. Was a bit bummed, but as I was walking around there was a a stack with one of each season under a shelf. So lucked out and got all 6, may take me a few years to get to them with the dvd and videogame backlog i have.

I really don't see why they wouldn't except the coupon. They get refunded by Fox for it.
Old 06-29-08, 03:04 PM

How it worked for me, guys: she scanned the coupon after scanning all the sets. Well, actually, I gave her the coupon after she scanned them all in. She then scanned it and the amounts started coming off automatically. She didn't hit any other keys ('Yes' to accept all or anything else) and I finalized it by swiping my debit card. Unsure if scanning before or after even matters, but I can at least say it worked after for me.

Glad to see some are getting in on the deal.

For those unsure whether they will like the show or not, I would recommend giving it a try if you can get the deal. I've enjoyed all seasons except for six. You need to leave some of reality at the door, but considering I'm a big sci-fi and horror nut, I'm used to that.
Old 06-29-08, 03:19 PM

Worked for me. $28.56 total for six seasons. Definitely the best deal so far this year for me. Thank you much OP.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.