Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-08, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the tip acejh87!! Worked for me at Chicago, IL (Elston) store. I have only seen Season 1 and this is a great opportunity to watch the rest of the series.
Old 06-29-08, 04:19 PM

Managers refusing the deal is weird because the store would get the $15 per set back in the form of a check once they sent the coupons in to Fox. It's a mistake that ultimately doesn't negatively effect the store.
Old 06-29-08, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by domino harvey
Managers refusing the deal is weird because the store would get the $15 per set back in the form of a check once they sent the coupons in to Fox. It's a mistake that ultimately doesn't negatively effect the store.
If that's the case, then chalk it up to managers being pricks (most Best Buy ones tend to be) trying to get you out of a deal.. that or they're just ignorant and don't realize how the coupon works.
Old 06-29-08, 04:22 PM
Cool New Member

This sounds awesome. I have S1-S3, but it's a great deal so I'll get all of them. Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-29-08, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by domino harvey
Agree regardless of what the coupon states, a sale is NOT "any other offer" they should have no problem with this coupon it specifically does state " save 75$ combined for seasons 2-6, it doesnt matter if BB is having a sale or not.

Glad its working for some...
Old 06-29-08, 04:25 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Mod note: Take your begging to the Exchange forum
Old 06-29-08, 04:31 PM

I only needed season 6 so I bought season 1 special edition and season 6. The lady at checkout told me I could get the other seasons for $1.99 each but I didn't need them.
Old 06-29-08, 04:32 PM

Interestingly, I got screwed the first time and then went back after reading how this is a LEGIT deal and so many others were in on it.

Here is my tale in two parts...

PART 1

I must be VERY unlucky as (even though) I picked a young person to check out and wasn't greedy (just Season 1 and Season 5 and 6 but left that one out) and she immediately ran to her Manager and then I waited, and waited, and complained about the wait, and then waited, and waited and she finally verified it was a legit deal and I left.

I left home and this PC BEFORE I understood the deal and JUST NOW read the coupon that states clearly $15 off EVERY other copy!

DOOOOOOHHHH!

PART 2

After reading how well this LEGIT deal went almost everywhere else in the USA, I decided to go back and shove it in their face (in my mind at least).

Went to the same cashier I started with but had to change again to another, older woman and had it rung up and receipt printing when her phone rang. I could just imagine TIA - the supervisor who gave me the fraud grief and did not apologize for the original grief - on the other end as I could see her down at the Service Desk telling the Clerk to hold everything.

Well, I already had politely asked for my receipt as the conversation began and the nice clerk I had now said to TIA how it was already a done deal.

Oh, by the way, ALL the coupons were now MISSING from ALL the Season One boxes since I had left 60 minutes earlier.

After a couple or ADDITIONAL minutes my clerk hung up and asked me to wait. Man-O-Man, I could not wait to see what happened next!!!!

Now I am waiting again BUT I have my receipt already in my pocket and am ready for BEAR!!

Finally, after another 3 or 4 minutes, they send over Patrick (I believe) their coupon ma....I mean person, and he looks it all over while I recap how PO'ed I am from dealing with TIA on my first visit. I point out how this is a WIN-WIN for everyone. I get my movies, Fox sells them, and bEST bUY gets ALL their money.

Interestingly, Patrick agrees and I shake his hand and reinforce how upset I was with how I was treated 70 minutes earlier by TIA and say I will be returning my first order AND the order I had just for Season 1 and Season 6 that I ordered on-line AFTER I leave the store.

I leave the store and get my first package and come to the cUSTOMER sERVICE desk and do a return and now I have to still BUY the on-line order and then RETURN it - go figure! All the while I am doing this I am sure to plug my deep feelings for TIA ( her name tag says it is) and how well Abby and Patrick have helped me.

I know have my Season 1 - 6 and will be sure to mention TIA every chance I get...

Oh, by the way, this is TIA at the SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS bEST bUY store!!!

Sorry for the vent but my blood pressure had to come down some way....

Thanks again OP for the deal!!!
Old 06-29-08, 04:34 PM

I have all the other seasons except for Six, so this was a no-brainer to get the Special Edition and Six together (considering two dollars is about all Six is worth, but I digress, I'm a completionist). OP, great post! You are doing a lot of people a favor getting them involved in this kickass show.
Old 06-29-08, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
But Zettler, how you really feel?
Old 06-29-08, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
But Zettler, how you really feel?

A LOT better now!
Old 06-29-08, 04:40 PM

I had to explain the coupon to the cashier and two managers, but I was able to get all six sets for $34.08. The cashier was afraid she would get into trouble if she honored the coupon for $75. Unfortunately, they would only remove the $75 from the post tax total.
Old 06-29-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Well, I went online and got the Special Edition (for myself) and season 3 for $1.99 for my sister. Didn't want to bother going back there and arguing with a manager again (and that's if there were any of those coupons left).
Old 06-29-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zettler
A LOT better now!
Should we let Tia know?
Old 06-29-08, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Season 1 SE's were pulled from my local Best Buy this morning at around 11am, probably to remove the coupons. I even called the BB ahead of time to verify they had them in stock and they said they had several.

Show up at BB and NONE were on the shelves.
Old 06-29-08, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got Season 1 S.E. and Season 6. Already had the rest and plan on getting rid of my original season one copy.

Here are some tips that I noticed so maybe they can help you aswell.
1. Pull the sticker off before walking up to the cashier, have him/her ring up the items to the total.
2. Hand the cashier the coupon sticker AFTER the total is rung.
3. There are two barcodes on the coupon. One on the left and one on the right.
At first she scaned the one on the right, nothing happened, It didn't work. ( At this point I was thinking, great here we go) She then scanned the barcode on the left.
IT WORKED. So if you get a cashier that doesn't "Get" it. Try and have them scan the correct Barcode.

Remember guys this is a LEGIT coupon, and Best Buy isn't loosing a dime on this.
So there should be no shame in standing your ground ;o)
The coupon is good until july 20th, so best buy should have waited a few weeks before putting them on sale.
Old 06-29-08, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
The coupon is good until july 20th, so best buy should have waited a few weeks before putting them on sale.
Problem is these sales are made up months ahead. Whoda-thunk-it.

And I noticed my Best Buy (that only had Season 1 and 6) had a CRAPLOAD of the Season 1 "regular" slim pack releases.

The tins were in an entirely different spot when I got mine.. my guess is to kind of hide them..
Old 06-29-08, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Season 1 SE's were pulled from my local Best Buy this morning at around 11am, probably to remove the coupons. I even called the BB ahead of time to verify they had them in stock and they said they had several.

Show up at BB and NONE were on the shelves.
I wonder if anyone will have success price matching elsewhere since it certainly is a legit advertised sale price @ BB and a legit coupon from FOX
Old 06-29-08, 05:01 PM

Woo! it worked for me here in VA. I had a little trouble at first because the cashier thought it was only $15 off one of the seasons. She was very nice and after a few tries and the coupon still only taking it off one set she went and got her manager. She read the fine print and she just took $75 off. Everyone was very understanding so it wasn't a big deal. I got all mine for a total of $33.04 (with tax). Probably the best deal I've ever gotten!

OP you rock! Thank you so much for bringing this deal to everyone's attention

Last edited by undrwrldangel24; 06-29-08 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-29-08, 05:21 PM

Worked for me at the BB in Moline, IL, $23.53 after tax with a $5 reward zone coupon.

Sean
Old 06-29-08, 05:25 PM

worked for me here in VT.. thanks!
Old 06-29-08, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly
Should we let Tia know?

Feel free to share the "love" if you know what I mean!
Old 06-29-08, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm upset my store's manager was a jerk to me about trying to get in on this deal. I really hope when I go back tomorrow that some copies will be left.
Old 06-29-08, 05:49 PM

Thanks, OP (and others). I just bought all six seasons from the Wheaton, MD store for $28.xx after tax. They had several of all but season 2. I didn't think it'd work, but it did.

Ad copy writers and their editors really should be more careful discerning between "each" and "all." The sign on the shelf said "each" and that's very likely an error. The coupon/sticker says "all," which arguably is meant to apply "any," not "each." Who knows.

Now, all I have to do is be convinced that I can't be retroactively re-charged if indeed this was an error. (The rational mind knows it can't happen; the experienced mind says this is too good to be true).

EDIT: The CSR at the register didn't bat an eye or seem remotely surprised. Ditto the security guy at the exit. I would've been skeptical seeing those totals for that much merchandise... I think.

Last edited by IronWaffle; 06-29-08 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-29-08, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks OP, it worked for me. By the way, for those that aren't seeing any copies on the shelves, check the floor underneath the shelves for extra copies.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.