Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-08, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brent L
Not everyone who works at a Best Buy is a brainless asshole.

However, I've never met anyone who worked at a Best Buy store that was in any way any sort of manager that wasn't a brainless asshole. At Best Buy, it must be a requirement to become a huge ass once you are given any power at all.

For what it's worth, I got my $25 gift card in the mail today.
I dunno, I disagree, I just had my first-ever problem with BB and they immediatley remedied the situation, and the manager I talked to was absolutley great. Offered me a discount and a gift card. I don't know if this is just because they're under more scrutiny with BB corporate just in the neighborhood or what, but I have never had a bad experience otherwise.
Old 07-10-08, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
off topic a little , but is anyone having problems with the season 1 tin scratching? Ive got it on my shelf with all the other movies and just pulling it out today made little scratches on it, is this somewhat normal?
Old 07-10-08, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by mike01
off topic a little , but is anyone having problems with the season 1 tin scratching? Ive got it on my shelf with all the other movies and just pulling it out today made little scratches on it, is this somewhat normal?
Probably more common than you think as it is a soft metal.

For that reason I try wrap my steelbooks in Bubble wrap bags or a freezer plastic bag.
Old 07-10-08, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by speedy1961

For that reason I try wrap my steelbooks in Bubble wrap bags or a freezer plastic bag.
Isnt that kind of a pain, open the bag , open the case?
Old 07-10-08, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by Denver Broncos
The day of the sale I called to complain about the rudeness of the manager at the store and in response they gave me a 25.00 giftcard (came in yesterday). For all those who filed make sure you let customer service know the situation and hopefully you'll get the gift card too. That way the total will be less than 2.50!

Good luck all!
I had a rude manager and rude person at the corporate number. He said he can't offer gift cards or any other compensation.
Old 07-11-08, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by speedy1961
You mean like Winger or Stryper?
Old 07-11-08, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I had a rude manager and rude person at the corporate number. He said he can't offer gift cards or any other compensation.
I believe in this situation, corporate tells the store manager to issue you a gift card and it then comes out of that store's budget rather than corporate-- obviously if a manager is losing money due to his store, he won't be manager for long.
Old 07-12-08, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by mike01
does anyone know what the glue type stuff is they use for the back cover scans to glue them to the tin? Is it rubber cement?
Old 07-12-08, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
No, it's not rubber cement. It's a form of silicon. You MIGHT be able to get the same performance by buying a 100% silicon glue tube at Home Depot or someplace similar.

Of course, the strength of the silicon is the issue, so use very small amounts when trying to re-attach to a DVD case or special art. And be sure to test the silicon tube on something unimportant to see if the dried silicon comes off with a little force with no residue.
Old 07-13-08, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mayorofsmpleton
That's funny... I'm performing surgery this week... good luck...

No seriously, good luck dude. Just don't watch any episodes if you're on pain-killers... the plots might go over your head... You'll think you're hallucinating Kim being attacked by a mountain lion or something...
Hey, I think I saw that mountain lion! Thanks, I just got home today from a hip resurfacing, and will be home for about 6 weeks. It went fine, but I'm slowed down for a while. 24 box sets are like DVD crack, and really help to pass the time. I'm most of the way thru season 2. Didn't know I'd be under the knife at the time I got them, but these box sets will really helpe pass the time while I recuperate.

What kind of surgeon are you?
Old 07-17-08, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
i know this deal is old news (actuallythe first time i visited the site was when this deal was going on) but i just received s.1 se in the mail from amazon with the coupon attached. it expires on sunday and i was wondering if there was anywhere that has the season sets on sale so i could try and get them for a low price. best buy's prices have gone up and it's not worth it anymore, but is there anywhere else?
Old 07-17-08, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dino88
i know this deal is old news (actuallythe first time i visited the site was when this deal was going on) but i just received s.1 se in the mail from amazon with the coupon attached. it expires on sunday and i was wondering if there was anywhere that has the season sets on sale so i could try and get them for a low price. best buy's prices have gone up and it's not worth it anymore, but is there anywhere else?
No other retail stores have the sets on sale this week.
Old 07-17-08, 03:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dino88
If you have a Costco membership you might try there. They had them on sale a few weeks ago for $19.99 a season but their normal price is still only $24.99 a season. So if they would honor it, you would still get seasons for as low as $10 a season.
Old 07-17-08, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by bsmith
If you have a Costco membership you might try there. They had them on sale a few weeks ago for $19.99 a season but their normal price is still only $24.99 a season. So if they would honor it, you would still get seasons for as low as $10 a season.
but don't you have to buy the special edition WITH the other sets also? not just show the coupon? because costco does have a decent price on the other seasons, but they don't sell the s1 SE, so unless they don't pay attention and/or the computer just deducts the $15 with the presence of the coupon, it might not work.
Old 07-17-08, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
but don't you have to buy the special edition WITH the other sets also? not just show the coupon? because costco does have a decent price on the other seasons, but they don't sell the s1 SE, so unless they don't pay attention and/or the computer just deducts the $15 with the presence of the coupon, it might not work.
Yeah, that too.. I thought it was WITH the purcahse of the S1 tin.
Old 07-17-08, 04:21 PM

Most of the Walmarts I've been to have Season 2 for $20 and at least one more season for $30. Its not as good as this one was, but you might be able to get a for a little cheaper if you check your local Wlamarts.
Old 07-17-08, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
i need to find out if there is a costco around here, not sure lol. i'm assuming i'll have to rebuy the s.1 se, but i was already planning on giving the one i have to my brother for his birthday bc i already own the orginal release of s.1. but if i could get this deal to work and get s.4-6 along with it i wouldn't mind owning the s.e. myself. the money i saved on the other 3 seasons would pay for the set.
Old 07-17-08, 05:45 PM
Banned

Costco doesn't allow outside coupons.
Old 07-17-08, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky
Costco doesn't allow outside coupons.
It is true that they don't sell the Special Tin edition of season 1 and while i've never tried an outside coupon I can see where cracksky is probably correct in how Costco operates since they make their own deals.
Old 07-17-08, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can confirm that Costco doesn't accept manufacturer's coupons. My local Costco is still selling the original, non-thinpak versions for Seasons 1-4.
Old 07-25-08, 11:25 AM

Finally got a response from Best Buy via the BBB. They are refusing to honor the coupon, calling the sale price the "other offer". I am appealing with the BBB, citing the fact that they have honored the coupon for other customers.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 07-25-08, 11:30 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

The thing that I don't understand, is how food stores then allow someone to use a coupon on store sale prices. Seems the same to me.
Old 07-25-08, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Private Donut
Finally got a response from Best Buy via the BBB. They are refusing to honor the coupon, calling the sale price the "other offer". I am appealing with the BBB, citing the fact that they have honored the coupon for other customers.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Wow let it go dude. You win some you lose some. I am pretty sure the store can refuse a manufacturers coupon if they want.
Old 07-25-08, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by JB7
The thing that I don't understand, is how food stores then allow someone to use a coupon on store sale prices. Seems the same to me.
1. Food store coupons may not have the verbage that it can't be combined with another offer.
2. Food stores may not care since all that is at risk is a few dollars here and there vs. getting what cost retail for around $60 for just $2.

Best Buy made a mistake by not being prepared for handling their sale and a manufacturer's coupon at the same time. Stores dealt with it in different ways, some giving the discount to the lucky few that recognized what was going on, while others used the verbage in the coupon to reject the combining of deals.

They have that verbage in there for a reason. I see no outcome where Best Buy is going to be forced to sell at that ridiculously low price just because a few sales sneaked under the radar.

As was stated, it is time to get over it and move on. may be you'll get on the next mistake.
Old 07-25-08, 01:11 PM

Yeah Private Donut - WTF? Move on!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.