DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/534558-24-all-six-seasons-%2427-total-bestbuy-instore.html)

Bob_F1 07-01-08 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by das1330
Those who live over an hour and a half from a best buy, have to resort to online, its not a matter of "Getting off of the couch" but having the time to make that sort of a trip.

Yes. And the cost of gas is also a factor.

drmoze 07-01-08 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by das1330
Those who live over an hour and a half from a best buy, have to resort to online, its not a matter of "Getting off of the couch" but having the time to make that sort of a trip.

BB's are really spread out that much?

das1330 07-01-08 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by drmoze

When you live in the sticks of rural north carolina, yep. I have the same distance from a target, American Eagle, Red Lobster etc. Just Walmart and kmart and big lots here.

Joe Carioca 07-01-08 10:52 AM

Just got back from BB in Brick, NJ. 2 SE's left with stickers, but only season 2 through 5, so I brought the 5 sets up to the cashier. She scanned the coupon, it didnt work, so she manually took 15 off...gah! Showed her the coupon details that it said up to $75, she went off to the manager, came back and manually took another 60 off, without the 6th season! Should have been 27 total, got for 15.90 total! One tin left now, but only seasons 2, 3, and 5.

Thank you acejh87!!!

Snowmaker 07-01-08 11:23 AM

0 for 4 now.

Anyone up in the Midland, MI area, the system shows that store having 2 copies still, Saginaw, MI 1 copy.

rwp2084 07-01-08 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Carioca
Just got back from BB in Brick, NJ. 2 SE's left with stickers, but only season 2 through 5, so I brought the 5 sets up to the cashier. She scanned the coupon, it didnt work, so she manually took 15 off...gah! Showed her the coupon details that it said up to $75, she went off to the manager, came back and manually took another 60 off, without the 6th season! Should have been 27 total, got for 15.90 total! One tin left now, but only seasons 2, 3, and 5.

So, if you go back again, will they give you $75 off again without seasons 4 and 6? That would make it $0.90. -biggrin-

Robertwoj 07-01-08 12:07 PM

Thank you acejh87!!!

So you pointed it out when she entered the coupon wrong the first time.... but didn't point it out when she entered it wrong the second time?

Robertwoj 07-01-08 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by latenightcreepa
I got season 6 for $0.00....great deal

uhm.... how?

Joe Carioca 07-01-08 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Robertwoj
So you pointed it out when she entered the coupon wrong the first time.... but didn't point it out when she entered it wrong the second time?

I didn't see what she had done the second time until I looked at the receipt when I was out of the store that said -15 and -60, I thought the lower price had something to do with not getting S6. She obviously entered what the manager told her to, so BB's fail in training employees to scan coupons right the first time should be as much of a risk to them as it is to us.

bmoore 07-01-08 12:46 PM

I'm thinking of giving this deal a try, at Southfiled, MI & Dearborn, MI.
Southfield always seems to have a lot of copies of everything, and they never really question things. Hope it pulls through this time.

BTw anyone know the return cred @ fye on these seasons? With that brown bag return special it might be worth it

My Other Self 07-01-08 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by bmoore
BTw anyone know the return cred @ fye on these seasons? With that brown bag return special it might be worth it

Someone in one of the earlier pages of the thread got $90 credit for all 6 seasons.

Snowmaker 07-01-08 01:07 PM

Southfield always seems to have a lot of copies of everything, and they never really question things. Hope it pulls through this time.

Both those stores showed ZERO S1 SEs in the system today when they looked it up for me. Plus my brother hit the Dearborn store last night and came up empty.

C_Fletch 07-01-08 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
seems they've fixed the glitch on bestbuy.com...it no longer says "save $15" next to "on sale" :( well ill just have to search around some best buys in ATL and TN hoping they have some. Does anyone know if BB has restocks in the middle of the week for items like this?

Save you some time. Both BEst Buy's in Chattanooga, TN area have none left.

Nickee 07-01-08 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nickee
I bought seasons 1, 3 - 6 this morning online with store pickup (before this deal got posted). So I have all 5 waiting for me at the store to pick up tomorrow but I was charged the full sale price.

I just checked the store availability and the only ones currently in stock are seasons 1 and 6.

So you think I have any chance of getting the deal when I go pick the order up??

I guess a nice cashier would allow me to return the order right there and buy the sets again with the coupon.

Worth a try.

I just noticed this in the pick up email:

Low price guarantee:
If your product is available at a lower price in the store at the time of pickup, your credit card and/or Gift Card will automatically be adjusted to reflect the lowest price available.

I could definitely argue this point.

Well, I went in today to do my in-store pickup of my order from Sunday. First thing I noticed was that the coupon was still stuck on S1 tin. I told the guy that when the I bought it online, the coupon was only taken off one set - not all of them like it says on the actual coupon. He got his supervisor and she ran them all up and tried to scan the coupon but it didn't work.

Then she said just to return the online order, scan the DVDs, and enter 4 manual coupons for $15 each. I guess I got a nice supervisor. Took some time but worth it.

Great deal - Seasons 1, 3 - 6 for $29.

Neil M. 07-01-08 01:34 PM

Let me know if you try it in Southfield. I might stop in there on thursday.

drmoze 07-01-08 01:39 PM

Sleazy. Why not leave them for people who want to own and watch the DVDs? -ohbfrank- (Not that you'll find them in the store anyway, I'm betting.)

Jake Lipson 07-01-08 02:00 PM

In light of all the bashing of BB employees that has gone on here for their refusal to honor it and/or removing of the coupons in earlier pages, I would just like to post again to reiterate my experience. The full story is a couple pages back now, but when I went in yesterday to two different Best Buys in Indiana to get this, the customer service at both was exellent. They were very accomidating in helping me find them all and very happy to honor the coupon + sale price combination with absolutely no trouble at all. If I remembered the names of the employees I interacted with, I would be calling the store to speak with their supervisor just to tell them how fantastic my experience was. Unfortunately, I don't recall the names so I can't do that, but I wanted to relate that it is very much a your-mileage-may-vary case. I got the best customer service I've ever had in a big chain store and am quite pleased.

Plus, I watched the pilot last night and it was a killer episode. Loved it!

Moopher 07-01-08 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jake Lipson
In light of all the bashing of BB employees that has gone on here for their refusal to honor it and/or removing of the coupons in earlier pages, I would just like to post again to reiterate my experience. The full story is a couple pages back now, but when I went in yesterday to two different Best Buys in Indiana to get this, the customer service at both was exellent. They were very accomidating in helping me find them all and very happy to honor the coupon + sale price combination with absolutely no trouble at all. If I remembered the names of the employees I interacted with, I would be calling the store to speak with their supervisor just to tell them how fantastic my experience was. Unfortunately, I don't recall the names so I can't do that, but I wanted to relate that it is very much a your-mileage-may-vary case. I got the best customer service I've ever had in a big chain store and am quite pleased.

Plus, I watched the pilot last night and it was a killer episode. Loved it!

I can agree with YMMV as well, because all of my experiences at various Best Buy's have been nothing less of great. And I've shopped at Best Buy 2-3 times a week for the last 4 years actively. Wouldn't take my B&M buisness anywhere else.

kenbenobi 07-01-08 03:34 PM

Thank you acejh87!!!

Lucky you. The automatic coupon deal is dead now, like you said. But my cashier wouldn't take $15 off of each. She was willing to do it for one of them (funny enough, she took it off of S1 SE). But of course I went for the full deal. She got a manager, who agreed to let me get ONE set for $15 off. So I asked for a higher manager. The GM came, and barely let me get a word in edgewise. He kept saying he wouldn't let me get them for $1.99 each. I kept arguing that they are still getting $16.99 since they get reimbursed for the manufacturer's coupon. He tried arguing that they don't get reimbursed, even after I read it to him right off of the coupon. Then he said I should try to get reimbursed by them then, since he won't do it. He was a total ass. I never raised my voice, but of course I was persistent. But he was flat out yelling at me. I will be complaining to corporate about him. I shouldn't have been treated like that.

Zero Kyori 07-01-08 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
0 for 4 now.

Anyone up in the Midland, MI area, the system shows that store having 2 copies still, Saginaw, MI 1 copy.

On Sunday, my friend and I got a set each at the Saginaw BB, with one S1 SE Tin remaining and no remaining Season 5 after he picked his set up. I'd call the Saginaw store to be on the safe side.

JorgeC 07-01-08 03:46 PM

nothing left in the Glendora, CA store =o(

ABates21 07-01-08 03:46 PM

Is the sticker on all steelbook editions or is it just at BB? If my BB is out, couldn't I pricematch this at CC?

My Other Self 07-01-08 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by ABates21
Is the sticker on all steelbook editions or is it just at BB? If my BB is out, couldn't I pricematch this at CC?

All retail outlets, but reports are some stores have sets that are missing the sticker.

Chad 07-01-08 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by drmoze

Apparently so. And this being a very 'YMMV' type of situation means driving the 96.45 miles I'd have to probably isn't worth the risk.

I can't express in words how much I hate missing out on deals like this. Oh well, at least I had the good fortune to win the Season 1 tin on a radio show recently.

lacubs 07-01-08 03:55 PM

anyone try it in Erie,Pa?