DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Ezydvd HD DVD firesale (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/534297-ezydvd-hd-dvd-firesale.html)

Moopher 06-25-08 01:09 AM

Ezydvd HD DVD firesale

I know there is an International HD DVD clearance thread, but it seemed appropriate and fresh enough to warrant it's own thread.

(Keep in mind this is an Australian retailer)

*** MASSIVE HD DVD FIRE SALE! GOING GOING GONE!! ***

This is it! Your last chance to get discontinued HD DVD titles at massively discounted
prices! Forget paying up to $44.83 for a HD title, prices have been slashed to
as low as $3.92!!!

Get Shrek The Third, King Kong, Nacho Libre, & more for a crazy $7.92 each! Ray,
Skeleton Key, The Thing, Dante's Peak, & more for only $5.92 each! Big Lebowski,
Waterworld, American Werewolf in London, & Mr Bean's Holiday for only $4.92 each!
The Frighteners, Out of Sight, Red Dragon, Spartacus, & Daylight for an insane
$3.92 each! Plus there's still a chance to get the Harry Potter Years 1-5 Bundle
for only $34.83!

Also, if you buy any 3 HD titles from this range, you'll get Harry Potter and
the Order of the Phoenix HD FREE! That's right, absolutely FREE!

Stocks are strictly limited, so order NOW before these HDs are gone forever!
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/promo.zml?p...v=1&himg=pr836

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that product artwork, pricing, information, and availability may all
be subject to change at any time without prior notice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

steelpotato 06-25-08 01:24 AM

site moving at a crawl

JAYARE 06-25-08 01:50 AM

shipping kills the deal

steelpotato 06-25-08 02:06 AM

i may get a couple, i'm in new zealand so shipping's not THAT bad. these are the best prices for a lot of things but i need to save at the mo; would only consider a couple of the universal titles i don't have.

Moopher 06-25-08 02:08 AM

I ordered Black Snake Moan, Into the Wild, Harry Potter 1-5, and Battlestar Galactica season 1 when their very first firesale on HD DVD happened. I have nothing but good to say about Ezydvd.

steelpotato 06-25-08 06:53 AM

i ordered about 30 hd-dvds myself from ezydvd the last few months. fantastic site and service; totally recommended :)

TGM 06-25-08 07:19 AM

shipping is ridiculous.

xfilekr 06-25-08 07:34 AM

any good suggestions?

kenbuzz 06-25-08 08:59 AM

Thanks for the notice. I've updated the prices in the other thread, removing GST and converting from AU$ to US$.

Linky: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=530695

IamLegend 06-25-08 10:21 AM

thanks for the post..shipping is nearly $5 per dvd...otherwise would have bought some..

kenbenobi 06-25-08 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by IamLegend
thanks for the post..shipping is nearly $5 per dvd...otherwise would have bought some..

Yeah, shipping kills it. Many of these titles were available at inetvideo for cheaper. There are a few decent deals inet didnt have, like Shrek and the Harry Potters, but I already own those. But I suppose buying 3 titles to get the FREE HP title is a good deal. It helps make up for the shipping a bit...

Cadrian 06-25-08 10:33 AM

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH EZYDVD IF YOU LIVE INTERNATIONALLY
I have ordered from them twice, both time just 1 or 2 discs, I had no problems. BUT IF YOU ORDER 3 DISC OR MORE SHIPPING Jumps to 18 Dollars.

O ya and dont think about ordering 2 then ordering another 2... They will combine your order automaticly.

kenbenobi 06-25-08 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cadrian
I have ordered from them twice, both time just 1 or 2 discs, I had no problems. BUT IF YOU ORDER 3 DISC OR MORE SHIPPING Jumps to 18 Dollars.

O ya and dont think about ordering 2 then ordering another 2... They will combine your order automaticly.

That's probably why they are giving a free HD-DVD if you buy 3+ titles...

They do back out GST for living overseas, which makes the $3.92 titles 3.56 Aussie bucks each. So that's like $10 US for 3 titles. Plus you get HP for free. But shipping is $20. So you're getting 4 titles for $30 shipped. Therefore, it's a good deal IF you need and want the HP movie they are giving free, plus are interested in the $3.92 titles they have...

Gizmo 06-25-08 12:20 PM

Shipping kills it. Would have purchased some but I'm not going to pay $30 for 6 titles. Plus do we pay shipping for the free Harry Potter titles?

Shoveler 06-25-08 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cadrian

In my one-time experience, they DID combine my 2 orders for shipping, but they merely shipped them together, they never tried to change my shipping charge beyond the two orders I had placed.

Classic Films 06-25-08 07:10 PM

Even though Backdraft is listed as $5.92 it shows as $36.83 when you put it in your cart.

digitalG 06-25-08 07:36 PM

They have added a few new titles since this morning so I hope they add some I need on there soon. :)

digitalG 06-25-08 07:45 PM

Look liked they had dreamgirls up but now its gone...not a big loss anyway...

edit: hmm, looks like they're adding and deleting things all over the place, blazing saddles and a few more now up...

digitalG 06-25-08 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by xfilekr
any good suggestions?

I would have to recommend these great horror/scifi
The Thing
Frightners
American werewolf in london
Star Trek S1

steelpotato 06-25-08 08:30 PM

yep, american werewolf is not a dastardly combo like the u.s. release. one of my faves, i was glad to snap it up. however, the blu-ray will have a new documentary not on this hd-dvd.

Zen Peckinpah 06-25-08 08:35 PM

http://www.progressiveboink.com/just...d/firesale.jpg

WE'RE HAVING A FIRE sale.

Brent L 06-25-08 08:47 PM

:lol:

;)

digitalG 06-25-08 10:43 PM

Haha, egotistic-dvd? ;)

kenbenobi 06-26-08 11:31 AM

Website is down now. Maybe they are adding more titles?

chente 06-26-08 11:57 PM

I ordered 7 titles. I didn't realize the shipping was so high. I figured it out 20 minutes after placing the order and tried to modify it to cancel a few titles. There was no way to do it on the website and instructions were to send a mail to customer support which I did. I finally got a response two days later that there was nothing they could do as I had already been charged and the order had shipped. No one to blame but myself but it seems strange to me that they couldn't capture the changes I wanted to make to my order with as much notice as I gave them.