Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-10, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by BKenn01
They are jacking up prices. Quite a bit of the stuff I bought yesterday has gone up. Farscape CS was 80.99, now 114.74
Yea one of the Perry Mason sets I got was $26 on Monday evening and now like $40.

Since most dvd sets are priced $10-20 higher than Amazon, the sale is pretty useless. Pisses me off that BN can't even have one decent sale a year. I remember going nuts over this sale a couple of years ago.

With that said, if anyone finds a regularly priced dvd set or tv season on bn, please post the title. Then we can make this deal work out. I found one here:

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...ext+generation

BN price - $50

Amazon price - $55
Old 01-06-10, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
Yea one of the Perry Mason sets I got was $26 on Monday evening and now like $40.

Since most dvd sets are priced $10-20 higher than Amazon, the sale is pretty useless. Pisses me off that BN can't even have one decent sale a year. I remember going nuts over this sale a couple of years ago.

With that said, if anyone finds a regularly priced dvd set or tv season on bn, please post the title. Then we can make this deal work out. I found one here:

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...ext+generation

BN price - $50

Amazon price - $55
I'm assuming you are looking at the member prices. Chuck S2 BD is also a decent price. Worse than Amazon at the moment, but as soon as you use a coupon it is cheaper.
Old 01-06-10, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There are some gems if you search. The first day you could have bought some of the 60% off stuff b2g1f, but they have since taken most of that out of the sale.
Old 01-06-10, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by statcat
thanks for some explanation, yeah it's still in my order and I just got delay notices on 2 items just now. I think this will be the first and last time I ever order with them.
You aren't the only one. On Monday I ordered:
A time to kill
Mongol
The Wicker Man

This morning I get 2 emails, each explaining a 1-5 day delay (one for Mongol, one for Wicker Man). A few minutes ago I get an email that both have shipped (not much of a delay). But I get another email saying that A Time to Kill has been canceled, because "Despite our efforts, we were unable to fulfill some or all of the items in your order."

It's been LESS than 48 hours! I highly doubt that is their "best efforts" since this isn't an out of print title! Well, there is good news and bad news, besides the fact that I won't get my movie.
The bad news: this was the item my 20% coupon was applied to.
The good news: it wasn't my free item. So I ended up getting Buy 1 Get 1 Free, but no coupon discount. I guess it could be worse...
Old 01-06-10, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
A time to kill
Mongol
The Wicker Man

This morning I get 2 emails, each explaining a 1-5 day delay (one for Mongol, one for Wicker Man). A few minutes ago I get an email that both have shipped (not much of a delay). But I get another email saying that A Time to Kill has been canceled, because "Despite our efforts, we were unable to fulfill some or all of the items in your order."

It's been LESS than 48 hours! I highly doubt that is their "best efforts" since this isn't an out of print title! Well, there is good news and bad news, besides the fact that I won't get my movie.
The good news: it wasn't my free item. So I ended up getting Buy 1 Get 1 Free, but no coupon discount. I guess it could be worse...
I'm still waiting on the 2 items, haven't received a thing since. Very crappy that they list things in stock that aren't in stock. I would of grabbed something with the buy 2 get 1 free if I could but I wasn't offered it even though I did order on Monday, sucks.
Old 01-07-10, 08:44 AM
Cool New Member

If you call customer service, they can re-activate your 20% coupon on the canceled item. This same thing happened to me in November, and it was no problem getting them to re-activate it.
Old 01-07-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by jackshc111
If you call customer service, they can re-activate your 20% coupon on the canceled item. This same thing happened to me in November, and it was no problem getting them to re-activate it.
So you're one of the lucky ones that has been able to get through to CS at B&N? I had them inadvertently cancel an order on me in which I used a $5/$5/$5 coupon. I thought about calling to see if they could re-activate it, but decided against putting myself through the frustration of trying to reach them.
Old 01-07-10, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jackshc111
I have had nothing but terrible experiences calling their customer service. I refuse to go through that again. I can still use the 20% coupon by creating new accounts. I'd rather go through that hassle, than calling them ever again.
Old 01-07-10, 11:52 AM
Cool New Member

I have had nothing but terrible experiences calling their customer service. I refuse to go through that again. I can still use the 20% coupon by creating new accounts. I'd rather go through that hassle, than calling them ever again.
Don't get me wrong, their customer service department was HORRIBLE, but when placing a phone order, I asked the rep if she could re-activate the coupon and she did.
Old 01-07-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A time to kill
Mongol
The Wicker Man

Those bastards charged me full price for the 2 movies that shipped, so I lost my coupon AND my freebie. Now I have to call them.
I bet they won't do anything for me. They'll probably say I can pick another $7 item for free. Problem is, there aren't any $7 BD's anymore since they jacked all of the prices up.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-07-10 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-07-10, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My two other items shipped today. I sent them an email through customer service with my order number. I'm hoping they do help me out.
Old 01-07-10, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It must be YMMV with BN because typically they have been good to me for CS. All have my problems have been with missing orders though.
Old 01-07-10, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BKenn01
It must be YMMV with BN because typically they have been good to me for CS. All have my problems have been with missing orders though.
Generally B&N customer service is satisfactory when it comes to missing, wrong, or damaged orders. Never had any trouble resolving those types of problems whenever they happen. However when you get into billing and coupon problems it's a whole different matter. Often I found them unwilling to do anything. It's often easier to return an order for a refund instead of fighting with them.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 01-07-10 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-07-10, 05:42 PM

Not the absolute best for B2G1F, but I placed a BR order for The Prisoner (~$72), Lost Dharma 5 Box (~$96), and Rome (~$100). Adding one of the active coupons knocked Rome down to $85 to save even more dough.
Old 01-07-10, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Generally B&N customer service is satisfactory when it comes to missing, wrong, or damaged orders. Never had any trouble resolving those types of problems whenever they happen. However when you get into billing and coupon problems it's a whole different matter. Often I found them unwilling to do anything. It's often easier to return an order for a refund instead of fighting with them.
You hit it on the head! That sums their CS up perfectly...
Old 01-08-10, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

so any inside dish on when/if the next 50% off criterion sale will be? i'm already saving for it, so hoping for march/april - around my birthday would be extra special
Old 01-08-10, 03:35 PM

After snagging Alfred Hitchcock presents s.2 for 9.99 at amazon, decided this is possibly most cost effective way to pick up seasons 1,3 and 4. Got those 3 seasons b2g1 free, with stackable 20% coupon for $68.38. I know its a "meh" deal at best, but these sets are hardly ever on sale.
Old 01-08-10, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brizz
so any inside dish on when/if the next 50% off criterion sale will be? i'm already saving for it, so hoping for march/april - around my birthday would be extra special
July, assuming they stick with what they have done in past years... They do B2G1F in Jan and June, and Criterion 50% in July and Nov.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-08-10 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-08-10, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

they honored their B2G1 sale for me and I was credited my money back so everything worked out in the end
Old 01-10-10, 04:54 PM
Cool New Member

My first and definitely LAST time ever buying anything from this shitty retailer.

I usually shop at Borders if I need something fast, but someone recommended I try B&N as I usually never even consider them. I was looking for some box sets so I called a few of the local B&N stores. The Grove had one I wanted and they put it on hold for me. Also called the Glendale store and they put one on hold for me as well after they went to the shelf and supposedly pulled it and asked for my name. (You can guess where this is going). First, I stopped at The Grove store and picked up two other sets along with the one on-hold and even decided to buy the $25 membership as the savings would pretty much cover it once I stopped at Glendale as well. All OK so far. Drive to Glendale, an over 30-minute drive by the way, and the item is not on-hold for me. A manager was the one helping me so he goes back to the DVD stock clerk who tells the manager that the item is already on hold for someone else. So when I ask the clerk why he put me on hold to check the shelf and then come back and says he had it (he didn't have two others I asked him to find) and then asked for my name to put it on hold, his idiotic response was, "Well, we do have it, but it's already on hold." I respond, "What good does that do me? And if it was already on-hold, why would it be on the shelf?" He responds that he found it behind the registers on-hold when I called. HUH?!?!?! Like anyone would check hold items when someone calls to check for an item??? Just doesn't make sense at all and it's a complete load of BS. "It was a mistake." says the clerk. No, it's a lie, not a mistake. Either he put me on hold and never checked for the item and is now lying that he did, or he's got something else going on. And the manager's only response is "Well, I can't sell you the item." What a bunch of incompetence and idiocy. Thanks, B&N for wasting an hour and a half of my day, gasoline, and frustration.

I immediately demanded a refund for my membership as I will never shop at this chain again. NEVER. I'm sure a lot of people are quite happy with this company, but what I saw today is inexcusable. You screw with me once - you're not going tio have a chance to do it again. Bunch of morons operating the ship and no one taking any responsibility. I will be calling corporate tomorrow and following up with the main store manager when he's in on Monday. Not that I expect them to do anything either. Just want to vent and tell them how incompetent this particular store is run.
Old 01-10-10, 04:59 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

I'm hoping this is sarcasm day.
Old 01-10-10, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

An employee at a retail chain made a mistake? Holy shit, we should all get together and put a stop to this madness. If you have access to gasoline and a lighter, please head to your local Barnes & Noble and burn that fucker down. We aren't going to take this shit any more!!!
Old 01-10-10, 05:18 PM
Cool New Member

It wasn't that a mistake was made, it's that no one could just tell the truth about it. All he had to do was say, "I never really checked the shelf, and after you hung up I saw it wasn't there anymore." I still would have been upset and irritated that I drove all that way, but I'd have accepted the honest mistake. But making up dumb lies saying "I found it behind the registers on-hold when you called and I said 'we have it'" is just a bunch of BS. No way am I cool with that. You can bitch all you want that you think it's OK and that I'm wrong for being lied to. When people bullsh*t me - I don't take it. Maybe you do.
Old 01-10-10, 05:38 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

I think what happened is he got slightly confused on the phone, heard something about you wanting title x on hold, he assumed you were the person who put it on hold, and happily told you it was there.

If you think he lied to you, twice, on purpose, then perhaps you'd be interested in the special tin foil hat I have for sale. I also worry about your blood pressure if something this trivial causes such vitriol.

It was a simple mistake. I'd forgive and forget, but I am sorry for your wasted time/gas.
Old 01-10-10, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr-Sardonicus
You screw with me once - [I send it back]
Reminded me of that Office quote from an episode earlier this season

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.