Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-09, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Ran across a new stackable $5 coupon today along with another possible 20% coupon for all customers. However the 20% coupon may require creating a new BN.com account when it becomes active. Not sure if it will work with current accounts yet.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=30154
Old 08-29-09, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Ran across a new stackable $5 coupon today along with another possible 20% coupon for all customers. However the 20% coupon may require creating a new BN.com account when it becomes active. Not sure if it will work with current accounts yet.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=30154
Is the $5 off coupon a code that anyone can use or just specific to the person it was sent to?
Old 08-29-09, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LostFan
Is the $5 off coupon a code that anyone can use or just specific to the person it was sent to?
Anyone can use it. I did yesterday, Weeds season 2 Blu-Ray for $9.05 total
Old 08-29-09, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by doctorthodt
What is the $5 off code? Thanks.
Old 08-29-09, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, I read the first post and I'm not sure which $5 off coupon is good for non-members and stackable with which 20% coupon...
Old 08-29-09, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It requires a B&N membership, but anyone with a membership purchased before or between the dates listed in the coupon details should be able to use them.

Originally Posted by doctorthodt
The latest coupon is not active yet so I assume you meant the older one that expires September 21.

What is the $5 off code? Thanks.
Check the list on the first page you should see 2 different online codes.

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
Yeah, I read the first post and I'm not sure which $5 off coupon is good for non-members and stackable with which 20% coupon...
The $5 off coupon is for B&N members and will not stack with other coupons. The online coupon stacks with the 5 different offers listed at B&N.com. You can do all or part of the offers on the list. The only worthwhile ones are the $5 off a $10 or more CD, $5 off a $20 or more DVD, and $5 off purchase of $50 or more posted on the first page (prices are before a B&N members discount are applied). There is also a printable version of the coupon you can use at a B&N store available at the link I posted with the online code.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 08-29-09 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-04-09, 03:28 PM

It seems the coupon gets you $5 off a book too. So if I have 1 CD, 1 Book, and 1 DVD, I save $5 on each and then $5 more if it's over $50. Edit: I can't figure out how the book is getting $5 off... it's priced at $24.99 and shows a $5 discount. Weird.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 09-04-09 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-04-09, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom
It seems the coupon gets you $5 off a book too. So if I have 1 CD, 1 Book, and 1 DVD, I save $5 on each and then $5 more if it's over $50. Edit: I can't figure out how the book is getting $5 off... it's priced at $24.99 and shows a $5 discount. Weird.
I played around with the latest coupon and can't seem to get it to take $5 off a book. So you're getting a $20 discount instead of $15 with the coupon stacking? Which book did you get that is giving the extra $5 off?
Old 09-04-09, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up Generation Kill on Blu-Ray for under $40 with a 15% coupon today. $7 better than Amazon.
Old 09-05-09, 12:14 AM

Became a member today. Picking up the Beatles mono boxset next week, in-store. Any good coupons or discounts I should be looking for/can use?
Old 09-05-09, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by rbf1138
Became a member today. Picking up the Beatles mono boxset next week, in-store. Any good coupons or discounts I should be looking for/can use?
If you're planning on getting it in store check the first page for printable store coupons. There is currently a 15% off printable coupon for members that is probably the best one at the moment, and would give you the greatest discount on the box. There is also a 20% renewal coupon but ymmv on stores accepting it. There is no actual printable coupon on that one available but the link does have a store coupon number. Some people have had luck just giving that to a store.
Old 09-06-09, 12:16 PM
Cool New Member

[QUOTE=LASERMOVIES;9674977]Ran across a new stackable $5 coupon today along with another possible 20% coupon for all customers. However the 20% coupon may require creating a new BN.com account when it becomes active. Not sure if it will work with current accounts yet.

Thanks! The 20% and 10% coupons allowed me to purchase the Dragon Ball Z manga box set for $109 with tax. Works out to $4.19 per volume, not bad at all.
Old 09-08-09, 10:38 AM

I played around with the latest coupon and can't seem to get it to take $5 off a book. So you're getting a $20 discount instead of $15 with the coupon stacking? Which book did you get that is giving the extra $5 off?
Return to Wonderland (HC):
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...=Raven+Gregory

It was in-stock at $24.99 and it went down to $19.99 in my cart when the coupon was applied.

They've canceled it from my order as not in-stock though.
Old 09-08-09, 10:50 AM

Thanks again to LM for all the coupon updates!

Using the second $5 stacker coupon, I picked-up Fringe S1 on BR and a CD for under $48. Nice!
Old 09-08-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Used a 15% coupon plus my membership to get the Ken Burns BASEBALL box set for $45.50. I'm expecting an 8% rebate from ****** (bing was 10%, but I'd rather have 8% now than wait two months for 10%) which will bring the price down to about $40.
Old 09-09-09, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
Used a 15% coupon plus my membership to get the Ken Burns BASEBALL box set for $45.50. I'm expecting an 8% rebate from ****** (bing was 10%, but I'd rather have 8% now than wait two months for 10%) which will bring the price down to about $40.
Who is paying 8% rebates? It appears the forum is censoring your post on the name of the web site. I checked 3 other rebate web sites and it looks like they were paying 3% to 4%. I've given up on Bing for B&N purchases since I have not received any cash back credit since the Criterion sale.
Old 09-09-09, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've given up on Bing for B&N purchases since I have not received any cash back credit since the Criterion sale.
That's strange. I received 10% cashback from Bing for a B&N purchase just a couple of weeks ago.
Old 09-09-09, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've given up on Bing for B&N purchases since I have not received any cash back credit since the Criterion sale.
I just received (yesterday) an email from Bing awarding me cash back for a DDD purchase I made last November!
Old 09-09-09, 05:16 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Was hoping that the new Beatles remasters would be on sale, but no, $16.99 each. So even with the $5 coupon and membership not the best price. Target seems to be best for the single issues, $9.50 each after you factor in the gift cards.
Old 09-09-09, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Was hoping that the new Beatles remasters would be on sale, but no, $16.99 each. So even with the $5 coupon and membership not the best price. Target seems to be best for the single issues, $9.50 each after you factor in the gift cards.
I was supremely disappointed when I went in there today with a stack of $5 off coupons, ready to buy 8 of the remasters. Their online price for members is $12.81 each, so I figured I'd be walkin' away with 'em for $7.81 apiece.

That $16.99 "sale" price-tag hit me right in the solar plexus.
Old 09-14-09, 09:10 PM

Is anyone seeing any discounts for the military, Visa, or working advantage links that LASERMOVIES posted?

Right now I'm just getting directed to the regular BN homepage.

Edit: Strange, now working fine two minutes later. Nevermind

Last edited by grivet; 09-14-09 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-14-09, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just checked military.com and Visa and it looks like it is still there.
Old 09-23-09, 08:12 AM

Laser, has B&N stopped the 15% off coupons too? I don't see anything current other than one 10% off coupon right now. If they can't even give us a measly 15% off coupon a couple of times a month then I'm really going to have to tell them to not renew my membership.
Old 09-23-09, 09:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's something troubling that I feel the need to share.

I recently ordered a single CD from BN.com through the military link and used a 10% coupon. The total order amount I agreed to and the amount shown on the receipt I printed out immediately following submitting the order was $14.35. The amount I was charged was $15.38. The email confirmation that I received for the order showed an order total of $14.35, but to the left of this was printed "Your credit card will be charged* $15.38." WTF?

I went back and forth arguing with B&N.com reps on this, but they insisted they did the right thing. So my plan was to return the CD to a physical store for a refund.

Upon returning the CD last night, I came to find out that there's a new policy for B&N.com returns to physical stores. You now get store credit, even if you used a B&N MasterCard.

Two things of concern: 1) I wonder how many times in the past I've been overcharged for an order like the one mentioned above and didn't realize it. 2) Knowing that I'm now to receive store credit for returns for a store that seems to think it's okay to overcharge customers, I think I'm going to call it quits with B&N.com. It's become too much of a hassle. I'll try and find one last thing to purchase to use up this store credit, but after that, I'm out.
Old 09-23-09, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lumberjack
Here's something troubling that I feel the need to share.

I recently ordered a single CD from BN.com through the military link and used a 10% coupon. The total order amount I agreed to and the amount shown on the receipt I printed out immediately following submitting the order was $14.35. The amount I was charged was $15.38. The email confirmation that I received for the order showed an order total of $14.35, but to the left of this was printed "Your credit card will be charged* $15.38." WTF?

I went back and forth arguing with B&N.com reps on this, but they insisted they did the right thing. So my plan was to return the CD to a physical store for a refund.

Upon returning the CD last night, I came to find out that there's a new policy for B&N.com returns to physical stores. You now get store credit, even if you used a B&N MasterCard.

Two things of concern: 1) I wonder how many times in the past I've been overcharged for an order like the one mentioned above and didn't realize it. 2) Knowing that I'm now to receive store credit for returns for a store that seems to think it's okay to overcharge customers, I think I'm going to call it quits with B&N.com. It's become too much of a hassle. I'll try and find one last thing to purchase to use up this store credit, but after that, I'm out.
Their in-store policy has always been to give store credit. However, sometimes you get an employee that is willing to refund your credit card. It is definitely YMMV. Seeing as you have a receipt showing the amount you agreed to, I don't see how CS can refuse to credit you. You could always call your credit card company and dispute the overcharge amount since you have the proof you need. I have seen several instances where it said "Your credit card will be charged" a higher amount than the order total, but to my knowledge I was always charged the correct amount.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.