Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 09:30 PM
JMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Cheato
Considering this is a DVD website, nobody's spending much time discussing the pros and cons of buying books and CDs from B&N. However, I will say there is no way you are getting the best deals on "regular old DVDs and books" at B&N.
I do realize this is a DVD site, but having seen people, including senior members, occasionally mention a CD or a book (or a problem ordering such) in the past, I thought there would be no harm in my comments. Point taken though!

Actually, I do comparison shop for DVDs with other merchants (clubs excepted), and I still feel that, with coupons and cashback bonuses, I get the best deal -- usually, mind you! -- at B&N. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but this is not the forum for that either!

One thing to add to what I said (and what Trevor said) about DISCOVER -- the cashback bonus is awarded about 4 to 6 weeks after a purchase. So you have to be patient. Sometimes cashback for a B&N order placed in one billing cycle won't be credited until two cycles later.

Jen
Old 07-23-09, 11:03 PM

This may be a dumb question but...to get the 20% off code to work do you actually have to buy the renewal?
Old 07-23-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fronk777
This may be a dumb question but...to get the 20% off code to work do you actually have to buy the renewal?
No.
Old 07-24-09, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i placed a small order on the 20th and received notification from bing yesterday re the pending cashback. it has yet to go through, but it is pending eh?
Old 07-24-09, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I found two Criterions out-of-stock online, but available at a store located somewhat of a drive from me.

Before I schlep up there, I wanted to confirm that the only online coupons are this one:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=28710

and the $5/$5/$5 offer.

Thanks.
Old 07-24-09, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I found two Criterions out-of-stock online, but available at a store located somewhat of a drive from me.

Before I schlep up there, I wanted to confirm that the only online coupons are this one:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=28710

and the $5/$5/$5 offer.

Thanks.
There are 3 different non-member 10% coupons, 2 different $5 coupons, and a 15% and 20% membership renewal coupons available that can be printed out for store use.
Old 07-24-09, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
There are 3 different non-member 10% coupons, 2 different $5 coupons, and a 15% and 20% membership renewal coupons available that can be printed out for store use.
Ah well, I used the 10% "everybody" coupon, and the $5 off/$20 DVD. With those & membership, got two Criterions for $26.
Old 07-25-09, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sorry if this has been addressed before...I didn't have time to read through all 30 pages of this thread.

I just tried an experiment by going through the military and Visa links. (Wanted to see about getting free shipping on an order less than $25.00). I placed a small-value item in my cart (one of the $3.99 Paramount DVDs), and the shipping did come up free, but it was expedited and not standard, as I assumed it would be.

Seems kind of crazy (in a good way) if they would deliver an item that cheap for free in three business days or less. Has anyone noticed this before?

Again, sorry if I missed it. It just struck me as odd.

EDIT: Just went ahead and placed the order. It went through and the confirmation page does indeed claim that they will deliver this $3.XX movie to me via free expedited shipping.

This may endanger my claim elsewhere that my purchases from the Criterion sale are over...

Last edited by Superdaddy; 07-25-09 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-25-09, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Sorry if this has been addressed before...I didn't have time to read through all 30 pages of this thread.

I just tried an experiment by going through the military and Visa links. (Wanted to see about getting free shipping on an order less than $25.00). I placed a small-value item in my cart (one of the $3.99 Paramount DVDs), and the shipping did come up free, but it was expedited and not standard, as I assumed it would be.

Seems kind of crazy (in a good way) if they would deliver an item that cheap for free in three business days or less. Has anyone noticed this before?

Again, sorry if I missed it. It just struck me as odd.

EDIT: Just went ahead and placed the order. It went through and the confirmation page does indeed claim that they will deliver this $3.XX movie to me via free expedited shipping.

This may endanger my claim elsewhere that my purchases from the Criterion sale are over...
You are correct. Using the military link will always result in free shipping, even if the order total is less than $25. The one downside is the 6% discount does not stack with the 10% B&N member discount. So if you are not a member, this won't matter. Even if you are, the 4% difference might be negligible if it's less that the shipping fee.
Old 07-25-09, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You are correct. Using the military link will always result in free shipping, even if the order total is less than $25. The one downside is the 6% discount does not stack with the 10% B&N member discount. So if you are not a member, this won't matter. Even if you are, the 4% difference might be negligible if it's less that the shipping fee.
What's weird is that when I go through the military link, I get 10% off and free shipping. The 10% member discount and 6% military discount do not stack, but perhaps the system chooses the better one to apply? Not sure and YMMV, but thought I'd add my own experience.
Old 07-25-09, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by illennium
What's weird is that when I go through the military link, I get 10% off and free shipping. The 10% member discount and 6% military discount do not stack, but perhaps the system chooses the better one to apply? Not sure and YMMV, but thought I'd add my own experience.
That's how it's supposed to work. If you are a member you get your 10% members discount and the free shipping discount, but the 6% discount does not stack with it. Only advantage for members is the free shipping on all orders, which is great if you have a small order that does not qualify for the regular free shipping offer.
Old 07-25-09, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks! I gathered from the first page of the thread that free shipping was involved; I thought it was supposed to be standard though.

Not complaining of course, just pleasantly surprised.
Old 07-25-09, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Thanks! I gathered from the first page of the thread that free shipping was involved; I thought it was supposed to be standard though.

Not complaining of course, just pleasantly surprised.
I added expedited to the first page to make it clearer. You basically get the same offer with the Visa link but get only 5% off on purchases.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 07-25-09 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-25-09, 06:45 PM

Can't you just create another account @ BN to use the 20% coupon again?
Old 07-25-09, 06:55 PM

Ok, so I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the 3 Disc Brazil Criterion using the military link and the twenty percent off coupon (V7P9T8N), my question is, this is all going to stack fine and they won't void one or the other? It's $24 bucks when all is said and done and it is currently $53 on Amazon, so I'm pretty darn excited.
Old 07-25-09, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dave Anderson
Can't you just create another account @ BN to use the 20% coupon again?
Yes you can. It should work at least one time per account unless you're fortunate enough to have an account that lets you use the coupon multiple times. Don't forget there are 2 different 20% coupons for all customers.

Originally Posted by JckRbbitSlim
Ok, so I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the 3 Disc Brazil Criterion using the military link and the twenty percent off coupon (V7P9T8N), my question is, this is all going to stack fine and they won't void one or the other? It's $24 bucks when all is said and done and it is currently $53 on Amazon, so I'm pretty darn excited.
Yes they should stack. If you're not a member the military.com link should include a 6% discount and free shipping before applying the coupon. The coupon should take an additional 20% off.
Old 07-25-09, 07:02 PM

Thank you, Lasermovies for all your help. This month is killing me with these sales, but they are just too good to pass up.
Old 07-25-09, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I know what you mean about the sales. Fortunately I've been able to stay away from the Deep Discount sale since there has not been any good deals on anything I wanted this time around. The B&N Criterion sale is making up for it though.
Old 07-25-09, 07:20 PM

I'm getting to the point where I've bought most of the movies I've ever wanted, so lately I'm trying to diversify and branch out a bit. My friend goes nuts over the Criterion collection, but I simply do not have the funds to keep up with him on that front. Brazil has always been one of those "mystical" titles I see that is so exorbitantly priced and I'm trying to round out my good Gilliam movies so now was the perfect opportunity to pick it up. Though it amazes me that all those coupons stacked...
Old 07-25-09, 09:27 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Hope you all don't mind me posting this here in addition to the B&N Criterion thread, but I figured some people might not be following both threads.

I think I may have figured out the way to get the best possible deal in-store, on standard $40 Criterions.

Buy four, use both of the $5 coupons and both of the 20% off coupons. This brings the total to $54.80, enabling you to use the "transaction" coupon $5 off $50. Total is now $49.80 for four $40 Criterions. Also, I'll get 5% cashback for using Discover.

Now, I'm not sure, but I think if I added a 25 cent bob-bon to my order, making the total $50.05, I could have used the other $5 transaction coupon, making the total $45.05 for four $40 Criterions and a bon-bon (and 5% cashback). Talking to the clerk after the transaction, we were pretty sure it would have worked. I didn't want to push my luck and ask for a re-do.

Haven't tried the $5 transaction coupons online, but I don't think you can stack coupons online, right?
Old 07-25-09, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
Haven't tried the $5 transaction coupons online, but I don't think you can stack coupons online, right?
I don't believe there's any way to enter the $5 coupons online....
Old 07-25-09, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Trevor
Hope you all don't mind me posting this here in addition to the B&N Criterion thread, but I figured some people might not be following both threads.

I think I may have figured out the way to get the best possible deal in-store, on standard $40 Criterions.

Buy four, use both of the $5 coupons and both of the 20% off coupons. This brings the total to $54.80, enabling you to use the "transaction" coupon $5 off $50. Total is now $49.80 for four $40 Criterions. Also, I'll get 5% cashback for using Discover.

Now, I'm not sure, but I think if I added a 25 cent bob-bon to my order, making the total $50.05, I could have used the other $5 transaction coupon, making the total $45.05 for four $40 Criterions and a bon-bon (and 5% cashback). Talking to the clerk after the transaction, we were pretty sure it would have worked. I didn't want to push my luck and ask for a re-do.

No you can't stack online coupons. In fact the Criterions marked 19.99 and lower will not even activate the $5 off $20 portion online. It's really a better deal in store since they are accepting the $5 off coupons on just about any Criterion they have.

I don't believe there's any way to enter the $5 coupons online....
There is an online code for the offer on the first page.
Old 07-26-09, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Visa 5% off + free shipping is supposed to expire 10/09 but now I get this when clicking the link:

"Can we help you find something?
"The offer you wanted has expired, but there are plenty of other offers for you to explore: ....."
Old 07-26-09, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's weird. It was there earlier today. I went to the Visa web site and don't even see a listing for B&N anymore.
Old 07-26-09, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Visa B&N link is still gone today. Not sure what happened or if it is coming back. I made a notation on the first page updating the information.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.