Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-09, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Ran across and added a new 20% online coupon today for all customers. Doesn't appear it is valid with pre-orders, and you must use it through one of the bookstore links posted on the first page. Says it is valid from July 23 to July 28, at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time. Look for it to possibly get activated July 22.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=29188

Also it appears there may be a new 50% sale coming on Movie & TV Faves.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=29054
Old 07-17-09, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and you can only use that 20% off once, for one item it says

edit: WOAH I'm a "Cool" New Member now. excellent !
Old 07-17-09, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JoeStSteven
and you can only use that 20% off once, for one item it says

edit: WOAH I'm a "Cool" New Member now. excellent !
You can technically use it multiple times if you have several B&N accounts.
Old 07-17-09, 02:12 PM

ahhh I see .. very interesting
Old 07-17-09, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just noticed that coupon M9T8K7U can be used multiple times on the same account.

Last edited by SkullOrchard; 07-17-09 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-17-09, 05:09 PM

LASERMOVIES: I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this thread. Thank you for all the good updates!!

JoeStSteven: Congrats on your new-found coolness!
Old 07-17-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
I just noticed that coupon M9T8K7U can be used multiple times on the same account.
Are you sure? I used the coupon on an earlier order but when I tried it again I got a message saying it was already redeemed. I wish it was multi use because I'm running low on member coupons.

Originally Posted by DVD Guy ATL
LASERMOVIES: I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this thread. Thank you for all the good updates!!

JoeStSteven: Congrats on your new-found coolness!
Glad you are making good use of it.
Old 07-17-09, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Are you sure? I used the coupon on an earlier order but when I tried it again I got a message saying it was already redeemed. I wish it was multi use because I'm running low on member coupons.
I used it twice this afternoon. I just did a test run on a third order, and it still works for me.
Old 07-17-09, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If anyone else can get member coupon M9T8K7U to work multiple times please let me know so I can update the coupon information on the first page. Unfortunately it keeps coming up already redeemed for me.
Old 07-18-09, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts

If anyone else can get member coupon M9T8K7U to work multiple times please let me know so I can update the coupon information on the first page. Unfortunately it keeps coming up already redeemed for me.
I tried also but it won't allow me to use it again.

SkullOrchard must be blessed
Old 07-18-09, 10:55 AM

brianluvdvd used it twice.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9577777-post238.html

EDIT.

I just did another test run, and M9T8K7U still works for me.

Last edited by SkullOrchard; 07-18-09 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-18-09, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's weird some people are able to use the coupon more than once. I made a notation on the first page, but it looks like one of those ymmv situations.
Old 07-21-09, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I ran across a second 20% online coupon code similar to the first one, but you're not restricted to the bookstore links. Valid for the same duration and expiration dates. All customers can use it!
Old 07-21-09, 03:24 AM

I have a question regarding the bookstore links. Does a person just click on the link go into the site and that's pretty much it? Or will I need to sign up, fill out a form, create an account of some sort, Etc, to be able to place an order thru the bookstore links? I apologize if this is sort of a dumb question.
I've ordered thru the regular B&N site. But this will be my first order thru the bookstore link. Thanks in advance. And thank you Laser for all of these great coupons/offers you post. Always much appreciated.
Old 07-21-09, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kevy
I have a question regarding the bookstore links. Does a person just click on the link go into the site and that's pretty much it? Or will I need to sign up, fill out a form, create an account of some sort, Etc, to be able to place an order thru the bookstore links? I apologize if this is sort of a dumb question.
I've ordered thru the regular B&N site. But this will be my first order thru the bookstore link. Thanks in advance. And thank you Laser for all of these great coupons/offers you post. Always much appreciated.
With the exception of the AAA link there is no need to sign up, or log into an account to use them. If you don't have a B&N membership you can get an additional 5% to 6% off your order (B&N membership discounts do not stack with the offer), and free expedited shipping on all orders through the Visa and military.com links.
Old 07-21-09, 01:44 PM

I've used it three times. I found out that it worked by accident as I was copying and pasting the code out of your original post in the thread. I thought I would give it a shot and it worked. I didn't do anything else out of the ordinary.

Thanks for keeping this coupon thread updated regularly, it's helped me with deals at BN a countless number of times. And, it's the only thing that makes my membership really worth it.
Old 07-21-09, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

For in store coupons, do you need to print out the coupon details or can you just bring them the coupon number?
Old 07-21-09, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by CardiffGiant
I've used it three times. I found out that it worked by accident as I was copying and pasting the code out of your original post in the thread. I thought I would give it a shot and it worked. I didn't do anything else out of the ordinary.

Thanks for keeping this coupon thread updated regularly, it's helped me with deals at BN a countless number of times. And, it's the only thing that makes my membership really worth it.
I have no explanation why the coupon is working multiple times for some people. I assume it is a glitch since I didn't see anything saying it was a multi use coupon, and don't recall B&N having one before. Also not everyone can get it to work more than once. I was able to use it twice on Sunday with a different account I renewed a membership on before it quit working. My first member account I could only use it once. So far I have not heard of anyone using it more than 3 times. I wonder who can get the most uses out of it before it expires.

Originally Posted by zombeaner
For in store coupons, do you need to print out the coupon details or can you just bring them the coupon number?
I never tried just taking the coupon number but I guess they may take it. However ymmv depending on the person at the store. I always take a printed coupon with me so there is no argument about the coupon or risks of not being allowed to use it.
Old 07-21-09, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I never tried just taking the coupon number but I guess they may take it. However ymmv depending on the person at the store. I always take a printed coupon with me so there is no argument about the coupon or risks of not being allowed to use it.
I just haven't found any printable scanable coupons, only the details on the links from the first page.
Old 07-21-09, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by zombeaner
I just haven't found any printable scanable coupons, only the details on the links from the first page.
They are there. Are you looking for member or non-member? There are printable coupons on the first page at some of the links below the coupon details. The links that have "cart" just have the coupon information. Look for the ones that have "email" in the link to find the printable versions.

There are currently three printable 10% non-member coupons, two member renewal coupons for 15% and 20%, and two different $5 off coupons for CDs and DVDs that can be found on the first page.
Old 07-21-09, 04:25 PM

these are the orders I placed last night with a membership and various coupons. I tried that Visa link but didn't notice any difference in my cart.

repulsion +
night and fog

simon del desierto +
cries and whispers

last yar mariband +
madonnna st

leopard +
seven samurai +
science is fiction

3 women +
onibaba +
flowers of st francis

la strada +
eyes without a face

great prices I think

I have 9 or 10 more I really want .. my plan is to figure out a way to best utilize the new 20% coupon, and when I burn through that (I guess it's only once so I'll apply it to the most expensive item on my want list. unfortunately I don't have a burning need for any of the more expensive/deluxe releases right now) I'll just link over from bing and get the straight 10%
Old 07-21-09, 04:28 PM

I have a question about store coupons which are marked for "renewals." On line, the coupon code will not work for members when you not are renewing a membership. But does the store coupon work the same way, i.e. will not work, even for members, unless in connection with a recent renewal?
Old 07-21-09, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by haroldS
I have a question about store coupons which are marked for "renewals." On line, the coupon code will not work for members when you not are renewing a membership. But does the store coupon work the same way, i.e. will not work, even for members, unless in connection with a recent renewal?
Online renewal coupon codes are useless unless you are renewing your membership. However the store coupon is a different matter. It is possible to get a store to accept it but ymmv depending how strict the store or person is working there. If you are a member I would say print one out and give it a try but take another coupon with you just in case they say no.
Old 07-21-09, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JoeStSteven
these are the orders I placed last night with a membership and various coupons. I tried that Visa link but didn't notice any difference in my cart.
As I recall, the discount wasn't taken for me until I entered my Visa card info at one of the latter/final stages of checkout.
Old 07-21-09, 05:13 PM

If I wanted to use the two separate 20% off codes that start tomorrow for the Criterion sale, V7P9T8N and P3N9L8M, would I be able to if I did so on two separate orders?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.