Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-17, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

VACATION
Take 10% Off Your Purchase of $35 & 15% Off Your Purchase of $60 Or More
Exp 7/13 2:59amET

"Online Coupon VACATION Details
For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed only once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from July 10, 2017 at 12:01am to July 13, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

This coupon entitles you to 10% Off Your Order of $35-$59.99 or 15% Off Your Order of $60 or More. The discount will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, print on demand products, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other select hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, Garmin products, Moleskine Smart Writing Set Paper Tablet and Pen+, Da Vinci Jr 3D Printer, Online Clearance, all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department (visit www.bn.com/couponexclusions), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discounts except when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites, or at Barnes & Noble Kitchens. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors."

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-09-17 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-10-17, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
As far as I'm aware the coupons still exist - or at least the "more than $50 in coupons" still advertised as part of a new membership package.

The problem is that BN changed where those coupons were staged last summer and they are for all intents hidden in plain site somewhere stored in 16M website addresses. I don't have the computer skills to automate a search that many addresses to find them -- in the past pretty much all coupons were within a 50-100 address rolling block so it was pretty easy to find them. Or at least that's how I think LaserMovies found them for years and certainly the the way I did it for the last 2-3 years

Unless someone is willing to share their Welcome Email or links (like for the Feb coupons) I suspect we'll continue to have no or sporadic access to those.
So is the $8 off $40 officially dead? Has anyone ever confirmed that it's still a part of the welcome email?
Old 07-11-17, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Already getting the telltale "Item(s) in your bag are not eligible for this promotion" when trying the vacation coupon code on criterions.
Old 07-11-17, 02:31 AM

I was able to get 5/10 to work on several Eclipse sets. Most of the Criterion blurays won't take it. I think its just a handful of the newest ones currently that are deemed acceptable. That having been said, they don't even have all of the Criterions showing 50% of yet, so things might yet change (for better or worse).
Old 07-11-17, 02:44 AM

I picked up "Woman of the Year" from Amazon for $15.98 just to hedge my bets.
Old 07-11-17, 10:32 AM

Just got shot down in NY. 5/10 and even my 20% mailer weren't scanning through (getting the beep of death). They called over the mgr and she confirmed that coupons aren't allowed for the sale. I didn't try the 5 off 50 since they were already scrutinizing.
Old 07-12-17, 05:34 AM

I just used the VACATION voucher for my 22-strong Criterion order. Saved $80+

All I had to do was get an agent to adjust the order via the Live Chat after I had placed the order. I made contact with the agent and explained what I was trying to do. The agent then instructed me to place an order and give him the number. It was all done "live" as it were.

Old 07-12-17, 11:37 AM
Sem

Originally Posted by Batteries
I just used the VACATION voucher for my 22-strong Criterion order. Saved $80+

All I had to do was get an agent to adjust the order via the Live Chat after I had placed the order. I made contact with the agent and explained what I was trying to do. The agent then instructed me to place an order and give him the number. It was all done "live" as it were.

I attempted to do the same, but was turned down. They pointed me to the page stating that Criterion sale can't be combined with coupons.
Old 07-12-17, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sem
I attempted to do the same, but was turned down. They pointed me to the page stating that Criterion sale can't be combined with coupons.
That's disappointing. With that, then, I'd suggest trying again with a different agent after some hours wait.
Old 07-12-17, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Store Coupon U3D8C4Y and Online Coupon 15JULY2017 Details
10% over single item (I wasn't expecting that)
valid at BN.com from July 13, 2017 at 12:01am to July 17, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from July 13, 2017 to July 16, 2017 at close of business.

Criterion not specifically mentioned, but weblink is still there.
This same coupon was sent out to members so no separate bigger coupon this week.

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-13-17 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-13-17, 05:11 PM

If BN slashes the coupon to 10% off on the regular, they'd better start competing harder on prices with Amazon or it's going to be game over for them even faster.
Old 07-13-17, 05:21 PM

Hari- Crirerion is indeed mentioned in the fine print.
Old 07-14-17, 06:00 AM

Dear all,

I am going to buy a bunch of criterion blu-rays at the local barnes and noble store this weekend.

Can anybody tell me whether the $5 off $50 coupon will work for the criterion blu-rays for the in-store purchases? I tried to use this coupon code online but it was ineligible for criterion blu-rays.

Thank you!

Last edited by goodwin; 07-14-17 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-14-17, 06:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can someone point out where the current $5 off $50 coupon is? I accidentally printed put the one on the first page of the thread without reading that it expired in 2015.
Old 07-14-17, 07:30 PM

Had an interesting experience today. Went in expecting to use the 5of50 which we know works. As soon as I pulled out the coupon the clerk pointed to the Criterion sale sign with a newly added sticker that said "Excludes coupons." The sticker was just added today as it wasn't there yesterday. I asked him if he would please try to scan this coupon as I expected it to work. He did, and it went through as expected, but then he said "but it doesn't matter because you're not supposed to be allowed to use it" so then he deleted the order and began re-scanning everything without the coupon. I just walked out at that point. Its one thing is the coupon doesn't physically scan, but to deny the use of a coupon that seems to work doesn't seem right.
Old 07-14-17, 07:32 PM

And to boot - I received my mail order from Tues night. All were packed with the infamous "item sandwiched between 2 pieces of brown paper" method. 5 of 7 items are damaged in some way/shape/form.
Old 07-15-17, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by skippy3elf
All were packed with the infamous "item sandwiched between 2 pieces of brown paper" method. 5 of 7 items are damaged in some way/shape/form.
That's interesting. The two things I ordered with the last reusable 20% coupon came during last week, and both were like this. Both were outsourced order fulfillment from Baker and Taylor. Seems BN is stepping up the use of third-party order fulfillment recently. They've always used Ingram, B&T, and others, but it seems like recently they've begun using them more. The outsourced fulfillment places use the brown glued paper instead of proper boxes.

I discovered you can see the true origin of your package using UPS My Choice, which reveals the actual shipper. The packaging itself all says Barnes and Noble. Normal UPS tracking numbers don't have the true origin either, only when you log in to UPS My Choice.
Old 07-16-17, 01:34 PM

Any books and cds I've ordered from BN have been coming from B&T for years. Don't really remember if that's included dvds as I tended to buy those in the store, but I guess it does now. I did have an issue about a year ago where I ordered online and got the wrong item in the mail with labels suggesting it was sold by FYE (clearly they swapped my order with someone else's). So obviously the same warehouse/supply chain handles multiple stores. Was a major hassle getting my $$$ back since I couldn't return an FYE package to a BN brick and mortar store and I won't even go into the idiocy I had to deal with on the phone with customer service.
Old 07-16-17, 01:39 PM

One other random observation - in the past week I've been to 3 different BN's where the media section hasn't even been staffed. Instead there were signs saying to "please pay for items at the main registers." This was at various times during the days (so its not like they were just doing it during times when they expected light foot traffic. That tells me their tightening their belts and cutting staff. I was also told by cashiers at 2 different locations that the media sections to no business except during the criterion sale. So I'm wondering if the next step is going to be to either shrink or completely close the media sections - at least as discrete parts of the stores, and just have a small section elsewhere in the store where they keep a revolving (smaller) selection of latest releases. They already do that in some of the smaller stores.
Old 07-20-17, 11:53 AM

Just curious, when do the B&N retail stores stock new release titles? Seems like in NJ no stores have Kong Skull Island blu-ray in stock yet. The web site shows no stock, I called my local store and the retail customer service number and no one can say when they are getting stock. Do they want to sell discs anymore? Target & Walmart must be laughing :-)
Rob
Old 07-20-17, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Not exactly a coupon, but many Barnes & Nobles are handing out a few cool freebies at the moment.

Usually found on one of those small tables the chain so loves. Items include a couple of free comic book samplers and posters.

Technically you are supposed to buy a graphic novel for the free items but I've found they don't care what you buy when taking them.
Old 07-23-17, 01:13 AM

Was just looking at the *DVD* listing at criterion.com. There are so many interesting titles that still haven't been ported over to bluray.... We could be at this forever...

Last edited by skippy3elf; 07-23-17 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-24-17, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

SAVEMORE Online only. Still doesn't appear to work for Criterions
Save 10% on Your Order of $40-$74.99 and 15% on Your Order of $75 or More
Expires July 27, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time
Old 07-26-17, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

SUMJULY17
15% OFF SINGLE ITEM
Store Coupon X4T4C3J and Online Coupon SUMJULY17
Expires July 31, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time online and at Barnes & Noble stores July 30,2017 at close of business.

STILL NOT WORKING FOR CRITERIONS ONLINE

And in a total cluster -- my member account appears to have gotten a 10% coupon

10JULY2017
Store Coupon U4K4N8H and Online Coupon 10JULY2017
10% off Single Item
Expires July 31, 2017 at 2:59am ET online and at Barnes & Noble stores July 30,2017

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-27-17 at 01:11 AM.
Old 07-27-17, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
And in a total cluster -- my member account appears to have gotten a 10% coupon
Mine too.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.