Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-16, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

I was going to buy a bunch of discount B&N gift cards to use in conjunction with the 25% Sparkler coupon, but given the way this is going I'm not even going to bother. I don't feel like getting stuck with hundreds of dollars of gift cards when that coupon turns out not to be a deal. BTW - all the recent changes are apparently not accidental - according to an article I read its part of a deliberate corporate restructuring and policy revamp to encourage people to buy the memberships (to lock them in more to buying from B&N as opposed to Amazon).
Old 07-07-16, 09:30 PM

For me, my price point for a single criterion is about $12-$14 max. As much as I love Criterion movies, the reality is I have so much stuff to watch at this point in all likelihood whatever I buy will get watched once, maybe twice. For years I was lucking out with the 8 off 40 coupons so I was getting them for $10 + tax but those days are just gone....
Old 07-08-16, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Have you tried this sale yet? A couple folks said not only were they successful, but that the coupon scanned like any other. It's worth at least one shot. I still find it hard to believe given that I've had close to zero success with it, but given that not every POS computer seems to operate under the same rule even in the same city anything is possible.

Over the years a lot more folks were able to use 8/40 on pairs of Criterions which would put you right at $14. Not counting GC discounts, the only times I've been able to get below $14 was with the Nov/BF 25/30% coupons.

The B2G1 50% overlap glitch in 2011 (?) got me to 13.33+tax as a one-off sale.

With 20%, 15% (or mult uniq 20%), and 5/50 combinations which has just about been stopped in my local stores I was in the mid $13+tax area
The last remaining store in my area was/is always a pain about using any sort of coupons during the Criterion or British sales (even those that scan). As soon as you hand them a coupon they hand it back telling you they're not honoring them for the sale. They're really smug about it too - like they're doing you a favor selling anything to you. The store where I used to have luck just closed last week unfortunately. The 30% holiday coupon is when I plan to make a killing (if they even offer it this year - with all the recent changes, who knows) but I wouldn't mind picking up a least a few things this time around just to thin it out a bit (and because I'm impatient).
Old 07-08-16, 11:56 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's the best coupon here for the best deal on BDs? I'm doing the math here but I just want to make sure.

Shit. It may just vary cuz it's all before taxes too.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 07-08-16 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-08-16, 04:22 PM

In reference to the below, is there a current $8 off $40 in store? I looked at the ones at the beginning of the thread and they have 2015 expiration dates.

Thanks for constantly keeping this thing going. I feel like everyone here should pitch in $1 a year around Xmas for a giftcard for you. The $1 a year is certainly less than 1% of what you save me in a year.

It depends -- are you member with a store that accepts coupons or are you going to buy all online.

For non members I can't think of any deal that's going to beat the current 20% or planned 25%. The best instore discount is going to 15% off.

The best deal online is the upcoming 25% code assuming you have $100 to buy and the coupon shows up functioning like the current 20%

For members instore:
1) Extreme YMMV The best deal instore for members always is IF your stores allows it is buying individual items with the 8/40 coupon -- 9.99+tax is hard to beat and hard to be a part of

2) Big YMMV Buying items with combination of coupons -- 20% and 15% off one for each item and adding a 5off50 coupon on top -- 13.30 -13.70 +tax ea if you can do them in groups of 4

3) moderate YMMV buying two 19.99 items with a single 8/40 coupon -- 14+ tax ea

4) Only dependent on having a coupon at checkout and a store that doesn't reject them completely-- 20% single itme 14.40, 15% 15.30e

Take any deal and Supersize it by purchasing with 10/15/20/30% discounted Gift Cards if you've been able to stock up on them lately.
Old 07-08-16, 11:30 PM

Not that it make much difference anymore the BNSUNNY Tiered coupon that started out looking decently promising 10 days has now been thoroughly gutted. I'm not sure why they're even going to bother to release it in a few hours.

Now it's listed as Excluding Movies and TV like the BNFIREWORK coupon did by it's final release. This language changed in the last few hours and seesm to be the 5th change for it since I first saw it. Maybe they're just screwing with me

A bit more bothersome is that the "$10 off 100" and 20%/$75 coupon slated for July 25th also have the Movies/TV exclusion language
No changes to the 20/60 or 25/100 yet that I can see
They're going to do it to the BNSPARKLER coupon as well I bet... For what its worth I can't seem to use the BNTROPICAL coupon for Criterions online either.

Last edited by skippy3elf; 07-08-16 at 11:32 PM. Reason: more info
Old 07-09-16, 01:20 AM

Now BNTROPICAL is working for me. I didn't do anything, I just tried again a little later.
Old 07-09-16, 03:45 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

Sorry for being kind of dumb with this stuff, but let's say I want:
- The Cassavetes Box Set, and
- Love Streams

Both on Blu-ray, in case that wasn't obvious.
What's my best way to get it? Online with BNTROPICAL? In store?

Thanks guys!
Old 07-09-16, 09:22 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

If you aren't a member and don't think you'll potentially buy enough in a year to make the numbers work then online with the 20% is the best today. Those 2 also won't meet the $$$ amt to qualify for the potential 25% code on Tuesday though if you had a 3rd item to bump it to $100 then you could save a few dollars.

Assuming you're a US customer
With BNTropical that would decrease your price to 66 +tax

IF the "25% of 100 or more" BNSPARKLER works the way we hope (7/12 active date) and you get a another 19.99 title then you'd drop to 77+tax so the 3rd title you basically get for $11 .

In store your best price for those 2 items for a nonmember would be 70+tax, but you'd be able to check the box condition and not worry about shipping.

For members you MIGHT be able get it to the mid $50 range though $60-63 is more likely since I think I don;t think there will be many free 20% codes next week when the store coupons show up. In store coupons can get complicated (quite profitable though) just b/c so much depends on your store and clerk.

If you could potentially buy some of the discounted GC through GiftcardGranny or Cardcash then you could add another 10% of savings though they look pretty depleted for now. Weekend they don't usually add a lot so Monday might be the best bet to find some decent discount
Thanks! I am a B&N member, but only signed up about a month ago when I picked up a record I wanted. I got the "new member" coupons in my email, but so far, nothing else.

I could definitely add another title or two to my list, so I'll have to think about which ones I want and go from there.

Old 07-09-16, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dan
Thanks! I am a B&N member, but only signed up about a month ago when I picked up a record I wanted. I got the "new member" coupons in my email, but so far, nothing else.

I could definitely add another title or two to my list, so I'll have to think about which ones I want and go from there.

Out of curiosity - what coupons did they give you for purchasing the membership?
Old 07-10-16, 11:46 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

^ Yeah, I didn't get ANY of the email coupons since signing up about a month ago... just the New Members welcome coupons already at the bottom of the wiki.

Thanks again for the details!
Old 07-10-16, 12:47 PM

Just printed the $5 off $50 and $8 off $40 coupons preparing for the 15 and 20% coupons on Thursday!
Old 07-10-16, 03:51 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Try to sign up your email in he Be In the Know then and add the return Welcome message to your contacts. Hopefully it's not too late to get on the mailing list for this week.
Done!

It sounds like you did it in-store maybe which I think may act differently than online signup which may automatically enroll you for emails.
I think you're right. Hopefully I get something this week. If not, no big deal. Any savings on top of the 50% off is a bonus to me.

I'd give the 8/40 a shot and see how it goes. At worst check back on Thursdya and I usually get a 'few' extra 15% store codes to share
Silly me... I only printed one 8/40 coupon this morning and took it with me in case we were stopping by a B&N. Turns out we did, and I used it for Love Streams. Clerk didn't even hesitate to use it. Just scanned it and moved on. Total was $9.99 plus tax. Beautiful! Had I printed two, I could have tried to pick up two items.
I might print off a few more and try again later in the week.
Old 07-12-16, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

We have liftoff with 25% code BNSPARKLER is open/active 25% off your whole cart with $100 or more purchase of eligible items. Preorders still seem to work when added after your qualifying order of at least $100 in normal eligible items.
Is it (expected to be) reusable - multiple orders per account?
Old 07-13-16, 10:30 AM

Anyone else having trouble using BNSPARKLER for criterions? Its no longer allowing me to apply it (telling me the items are not eligible for the promotion). I even tried a different account, clearing the browser, etc. Im also getting "The server encountered an error. We're sorry! Please try again later." errors from their site.
Old 07-13-16, 10:35 AM

Whoa - and if you go to the link for the code you get "We're sorry, the coupon you are looking for has expired.
As always, thank you for shopping at Barnes & Noble." Thought it was supposed to be good through the 18th?
Old 07-13-16, 01:04 PM

Oh well, that's a shame. I was planning to make an order with it tomorrow.
Old 07-13-16, 01:07 PM

I think I really hate these guys. Talk about a bait and switch. I don't care what the fine print says - you don't do this to loyal customers.
Old 07-13-16, 04:17 PM

Yes - putting the coupon on a public server with terms and dates of activity is the same as releasing it. And the fact that it worked at all is proof of its intended release. And like I said - even though the fine print says they can yank it - its still a really sh!tty thing to do to customers. A really great way to foster ill will.
Old 07-13-16, 07:57 PM

For the non-members what is now the best option
online for the criterion sale currently?

Me and my GF each renewed our memberships about two to three
weeks ago. Neither of us received our snail mail coupons and or
our email coupons. We can return the memberships up to the 30
day. So we are both thinking of returning both our memberships
and getting our $50 back.
Old 07-13-16, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kevy
For the non-members what is now the best option
online for the criterion sale currently?

Me and my GF each renewed our memberships about two to three
weeks ago. Neither of us received our snail mail coupons and or
our email coupons. We can return the memberships up to the 30
day. So we are both thinking of returning both our memberships
and getting our $50 back.
I would if I were you. The online coupons have become unreliable. At the very least return one of them (you can both use the same one - when you're at the store they just need a phone number).
Old 07-14-16, 10:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hi, can I get 2 15% store coupons?..thank you

Last edited by AMERICAN; 07-14-16 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-14-16, 02:56 PM

If there are any in-store coupons can someone please send me a few? I will take my chances in store, generally have good clerks that override if there is an issue. Thank you
Old 07-14-16, 04:05 PM

OK. new store coupons are in and an odd mixture. about half are the usual 15% Single Item (ALL CUSTOMERS) like always, but about half of mine are $10 off $50 of more purchase. It sets up some easier deals for those who have trouble or don't won't to use a bunch of separate coupons and some interesting multi-coupon deals if your store allows you to apply more than a single coupon per purchase.

Criterion Online are completely blocked from coupons, but they do work for other items as do the other single item codes in the WIKI

I have extras that I think are ready to be go. If you need them just PM me and tell me how many of each type you might want

I would love two $10 off $50 of more purchase if you have or any 20% off coupons would be amazing.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-14-16, 06:04 PM

Anyone tried the $10 off of $50 online yet to see
if Criterions are allowed or excluded?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.