Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-15, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Now the question is, is the 25CMonday coupon reusable?
Old 11-30-15, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Forgot there was still a 25% off coupon coming.

I placed over a dozen orders with the 30%, mostly for large art books. About half have already shipped.
Between what is likely to come in damaged due to careless packing, and what just doesn't impress me once I actually can leaf through it, I expect at least half will be getting returned.
But for what gets kept, the deal will have been excellent.
Old 11-30-15, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ntnon
Also, check your $8 off $40 coupons... the wording is reasonably clear: 'selling price of $40+ BEFORE DISCOUNTS', and while thr computer said "no" when it was scanned today, it still somehow took the money off (a $45 Eclipse set) before I paid... which was nice but awkward...!
Just checked the receipt, and it's weirder than that...

She scanned the set (22.50). She scanned my card (20.24). She scanned 8off40, and the computer objected. She tried it again, and the computer rejected it again. She scanned the 30% coupon, and because the computer had rejected a coupon twice, it did not show it as working. She tried 30% again with the same apparent result. So I demurred and tried to pay the $20.49.. at which point the price came up $9.92. We assumed it had taken the both of them. The receipt says it actually took 30% off twice....

What a crazy computer system...
Old 11-30-15, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
With as much trouble as you've had in-store this sale I'd say a bit of karma.

The 8/40 i've never seen scan for an item though some people that their store accomplished it -- even when it works the clerks have to follow the manual directions.
Now that you mention it... I remember that, too. But also mildly disagree, because a couple of years ago it was scanning for EVERYTHING. That year, the poor cashier just scanned everything I'd handed her for everything I had (rather than go through the complex system I had set up, matching eight coupons to eight discs/sets), and it scanned $8 off "$30" discs... $7+tax for two discs that year. Which she questioned as being cheap, but rationalised as allowed by computer. I actually almost pointed it out, since the flipside was 15% off two "$45" Eclipse sets and a "$99" box, but... she was worried enough withoit refunding and redoing everything.

Obviously it's been (occasionally here; usually elsewhere) beneficial, but they REALLY need to fix their computer/coupon system. It Does Not Work..

Plus - in theory - if they fixed the system, there'd be no variability store-to-store, manager-to-cashier. Which would be helpful, at least.

Last edited by ntnon; 11-30-15 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-30-15, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you know if purchasing separate GC's online will get you multiple $10?

In the past, I always did it instore, and for each $50 card, the friendly associate would give me a $10 GC (which couldn't be used until Dec. 26).

If I'm reading the fine print correctly, they will email codes on the 26th to online customers. Or maybe they will send the cards out (there was a lot of instructions on the page).

Worst case scenario would be that purchasing a bunch of regular GC would just mean that I'd use them for ordering purposes in the future (nothing lost there). But I wonder how one would know if the $10 would be coming for each $50 GC purchase.
Old 11-30-15, 01:43 PM

All I can generally say is IF they ever get a system that is 100% consistent across the board does anyone think we would get the liberal coupon rules or do you think it would be taken to the letter of the law? Coupon batches would be treated as a single use coupon, BF coupons would end up attaching to an account or CC allowing one use per account, the Welcome New member coupons would become New Member within their narrow window only/one time use per account. The 8/40 coupon would be designed to follow the current strict online use. The current multi-use online codes would be gone. Billing/Shipping address would be flagged so that multiple accts or Free Trial would be eliminated.
And that would certainly be very disappointing, and likely make many unhapppy.... but at least we'd know where we stand! No more printing coupons, driving miles and then being told we can't buy what we thought we could at thebprice we thought we'd get. Draconian rules that were inflexible would at least be rules that could be predicted...

Probably just sour grapes from this corner..! Carry on..
Old 11-30-15, 09:13 PM

The Return of Karma:

So... amidst the kerfuffle at the store (Saturday lunchtime), they said our card was due to expire. So we renewed it. And then used the renewed card.

But the website (Saturday night/Sunday morning) did not agree, said membership was expired and charged me shipping for the orders-I-placed-online-because-the-store-was-being-contrary. So I called on Sunday and after some baffling suspicion, they said it can take time to filter through (audio-shrugged when I queried it, as it had filtered through instore within minutes), but agreed to waive shipping on those orders.

And the theoretical-returned funds have a) not been noted on the main "orders" page (but have when I click 'more details') and b) have not returned to my giftcard. So I can't place another CyberMonday order with my gift card.

Meanwhile, the website decided to ignore my giftcard for one order and charge my debit card, and because of the information-bereft e-mails, I could not quickly tell which. (The 'receipt: in online packages also contains little information - e.g. does not reflect discounts, and is thus useless as a receipt!) Baffling and irritating again.

Between B&N and now Amazon Prime, this has been a frustrating year - despite some excellent bargains at both. Target, though, was miles better in terms of deals, stock and helpfulness.
Old 12-01-15, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I guess the next question is.... when is the BBC/British sale? I'm guessing its not this week.
Old 12-01-15, 12:56 AM

or maybe it is this week?!? I just went to the website, searched for British and a whole mess of 50% off stuff came up.
Old 12-01-15, 08:17 AM

Yes, the sale is on -- http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/50-o...sh-tv/_/N-2grk
Old 12-01-15, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Bringing forward active coupons

20% All Customer and 25% Member Codes sent out 12/3 and expire end of the day Sunday PT that are good instore and online

25% Online Code seems to working for everyone so far. Expires end of day 12/6 PT
9P3VXN7PCPY23
USP5QVN6Z9FK4
XZYLT9878WJ24
Z9269EECWK25C
4X8V7U8RC9MMC

20% Off Online -- Re-usable seems to be everyone
F8X7X8P expires 1/1/16

15% off Online
C9A8T7X though might as well opt for the 20% (prob expires 1/1/16)

$10 off $75+ Total Purchase
EXPIRED

Member Only codes/coupon brought forward.
Expiration 12/28/2015 2:59am ET

H3N7N7T $8 off $40+ single DVD/BD
M9D8J4H $5 off $50+ total Purchase
H7H9X4V $5 off $15 Single Music CD (also seems to work on Vinyl though it takes the $5 off teh Original not sale price)
R9W3C4K $10 of 40 "Home & Gift" Single Item
A8H4P8P $5 off $20 Toy or Game Single Item

Printable Store Member only Coupons
In store $5 off $50 Transaction Exp 12/27/2015
In store $8 off $40 Single DVD/BD Exp 12/27/2015
In store $5 off $15 Single Music CD Exp 12/27/2015
Free Latte with Cafe purchase exp 12/27/2015

Last edited by hariseldon; 12-04-15 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-01-15, 11:51 AM

Anyone know if the BBC sale is also on in-store? The in-store prices according to the website generally do not reflect a 50% off sale. That could mean that so far the sale is only online - or it could just be another broken aspect of their website.
Old 12-01-15, 11:57 AM

Will there likely be any 25% off coupons before the British sale ends? Or is the $10 off $75 the best I can expect? I see by glancing at the posts on this thread this time last year a 25% off code arrived the second week of December.

I have vague memories of a $25 coupon off either a $100 or a $125 order. It's frustrating that B&N only shows orders made within the past 6 months, so I can't check years past.
Old 12-01-15, 09:19 PM

Yup - its on in the stores as well. I picked up Brideshead Revisited (bluray) and am happy to say - was able to use an 8-off-40 cpn, so it cost me like $23
Old 12-02-15, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chris-K
Will there likely be any 25% off coupons before the British sale ends? Or is the $10 off $75 the best I can expect?
Isn't 20% already notably better than $10off$75..? Or am I adding up wrong? (I suppose if you have two-or-more items it might be better, but 20% off boxsets is probably close to the best deal.)
Old 12-02-15, 06:51 AM

Things looking a bit more promising for 20%Nonmember / 25% Member coupon for Thurday.
What we need is a 25% member coupon to leak for members like me who can't get coupons in e-mail. I assume these are still going to be reusable, so if anyone gets one and uses it, please post it here for the rest of us. Thanks!
Old 12-02-15, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Unfortunately the blu ray of the Dr. Who Christmas Gift set is sold out online but is apparently available at some retail stores. None of the current in store coupons will work with just this item. If Thursday's 25% MEMBER coupon works in store I guess you can reserve a copy in store and pick up tomorrow.
Old 12-02-15, 10:58 AM

Requested in store hold on a couple of items but have not got e-mail confirming or rejecting request after two hours. I guess they are busy and this is not a priority for them. I am on the east coast so the store is open.
Old 12-02-15, 01:11 PM

If you're a B&N member, be on the lookout again this year for a Christmas (or seasonal holiday of your choice) card containing a $10 gift card. I received one yesterday and almost overlooked it in the flotsam and jetsam the mail is currently awash with.
Old 12-02-15, 04:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I wanted to get this this Christmas:
DC Comics Book & DVD Slipcase Set
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dc-c...questid=338513

but it seems to be categorized as a book and not a blu-ray.

So, are there any book sales coming up anytime soon that I might be able to combine the coupon with?

Also, this doesn't seem to be available in store. Do I need to order this into the store to get the additional 10% discount, or can you do the order in the store shipped to the house and apply the coupons and member discount.
Old 12-03-15, 09:20 AM

I do have extra 20% Off coupons for those who need instore. Just PM and tell me how many you need.

Did anyone's 25% member (assumption) come through today. Only part of the normal mails showed up this morning and the member email is still missing.
Miraculously I started getting coupons sent to my member email address again (I did a chat with BN a couple of weeks ago to complain). I did get a 25% off and will post the code after I use it in store tonight.
Old 12-03-15, 09:37 AM

That;s impressive -- did you talk with IT, do anything special/different, or just a front line CSR?

I did just get my member email coupon a few minutes ago. 7 hrs late, but at least it came through. Seems like about half my B&N was delayed this morning.
It was just the first person who popped up to chat. I told them the problem and he/she said they would fix it and then offered me the F8X7X8P code, which BTW expires 1/1/16.
Old 12-03-15, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Damn. Opened a new account, still can't get member e-mail coupons. That's three in a row.
Old 12-03-15, 10:37 AM

It seems like the one time I did it online it took a few hours. usually I just call the store if it's only a couple of items -- double check to make sure the online inventory is correct and for some reason when I go to pick it up it seems I get a friendlier response if it's the same person I spoke to.

Even a small personal interaction like a phone call seems to create some sort of temporary connection.
I called the store and my items are being held. I just never got the e-mail. All is good. I got the Dr. Who Christmas gift set for $20.87 before tax. It's amazing how difficult it is to find. Sold out online at both Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Last edited by Classic Films; 12-03-15 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-03-15, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

How long has it been open? it often takes a couple weeks, but I'd still input your email address in the Be In the Know box just to push things a little (if you haven't already)

Everything is arriving a little late this morning anyway
It's new...since Monday.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.