Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-15, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by hariseldon
And as announced by member Namuhana, but totally unadvertised the Gift Card promotion started last Tuesday. Promotion banner now on the site and rules look just like last year though it ends earlier. It states that this is a one time per customer offer in store though that doesn't seem to part of the actual promotion unless things work differently than before.

"Barnes & Noble Gift Card Holiday Promo 2015

Spoiler:
Terms & Conditions:

These promotions are valid from the dates set forth below.

Barnes & Noble Retail Stores: Earn a Free $10.00 Promotional Barnes & Noble Gift Card with purchase of $75.00 worth of Barnes & Noble Gift Cards in a single transaction. This offer is valid only on purchases of Gift Cards totaling $75.00 only at Barnes & Noble stores. The value of your Gift Card purchase must total at least $75.00 to qualify for the $10.00 promotional Barnes & Noble Gift Card. Sales tax, gift wrap, processing charges, or any additional charges will not count towards the qualifying $75.00 Gift Card purchase amount. This promotion starts on October 27, 2015 and expires November 22, 2015 at close of business. This offer can be redeemed only once per customer. You will receive the $10.00 promotional Barnes & Noble Gift Card after making your purchase. The $10.00 promotional Gift Card is valid beginning December 26, 2015.

Additional Rules Governing this Promotion: This promotion is (i) not redeemable for cash; (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) may not be combined with any other promotion; and (iv) not valid at any Barnes & Noble College bookstore or website, or the Barnes & Noble.com website.

Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Returns or cancellations of qualifying Barnes & Noble Gift Cards may result in forfeiture of the $10.00 Promotional Barnes & Noble Gift Card. Void where prohibited by law.

BN.com: Earn a Free $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card with purchase of $75.00 worth of Barnes & Noble Gift Cards or Barnes & Noble eGift Cards at Barnes & Noble.com. This offer is valid only on purchases of Barnes & Noble Gift Cards and eGift Cards totaling $75.00 in a single transaction only at Barnes & Noble.com. This offer is also valid on purchases of customized Barnes & Noble Gift Cards totaling $75.00 in a single transaction initiated through links on Barnes & Noble.com and processed and fulfilled by Cardways.com. The value of your qualifying Gift Card and eGift Card purchase must total at least $75.00 to qualify for the $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card. Sales tax, gift wrap, processing charges, shipping and handling charges, or any additional charges will not count towards the qualifying purchase amount of $75.00. This offer can be redeemed only once per customer. Your purchase must be made between October 27, 2015 and November 23, 2015 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time to qualify for this offer. The $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card will be delivered via email to you on December 26, 2015 to the email address associated with your $75.00 BN.com Gift Card / eGift Card purchase on Barnes & Noble.com.

Additional Rules Governing this Promotion: This promotion is (i) not redeemable for cash; (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) may not be combined with any other promotion; and (iv) not valid at any Barnes & Noble retail bookstore or Barnes & Noble College bookstore or website.

Barnes & Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Returns or cancellations of qualifying Barnes & Noble Gift Cards or eGift Cards may result in forfeiture of the $10.00 Promotional Barnes & Noble eGift Card. Void where prohibited by law. "
I used to pass on this deal, as the discount (11.7%) was lower than what I could score on Cardpool. However, Cardpool recently got greedy and reduced the discount on all their B&N cards from 18% to 8%, making this the better deal.
Old 11-02-15, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ Yea, I checked old e-mail and found 18% and 16% discounted orders from Cardpool. It noticed it was down to 10% a few days ago, and I had to edit my previous post when I checked again and saw it was 8%. Eff them at 8%!

Someone mentioned Cardcash in another thread. I jumped on there and grabbed a 15% discounted e-code. To avoid getting burned, I used it right away on BN.com, and will return the item for credit on a new giftcard once it's arrived. That way, I don't have to worry about it expiring or the balance magically 'disappearing'.

EDIT: I figured the BN free $10 card to be an 11.7% discount this way:

Amount of discount/total value

$10/$85 = 11.7%

As a test, I tried a $100 giftcard purchased for $75, knowing it's a 25% discount:

$25/$100 = 25%

I could be wrong!

Last edited by BuckNaked2k; 11-02-15 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-03-15, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

2 questions about the buy $75, get $10 deal:
If you purchase in store, do they give you a physical gift card right away, but it won't work until December 26?
Whether you do in store or online, does the promotional gift card expire?
Old 11-03-15, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is everyone else still getting snail mail 20% member coupons?
Old 11-03-15, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by js2shops
Is everyone else still getting snail mail 20% member coupons?
I've never been able to get these sent to me in spite of the number of accounts I've had.
Old 11-04-15, 12:28 PM

I have not received e -coupons since the beginning of the year and regular mail coupons since June. Telephone customer service gives the wrong answers and on-line customer service doesn't even reply. B&N must have some software program indicating when coupons shouldn't be issued to individual members. Since there is no one to write or talk to, there is no way to get answers and /or complain to.
Old 11-04-15, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by haroldS
I have not received e-coupons since the beginning of the year and regular mail coupons since June.
I haven't received e-coupons on an active account in over a year. BFD, since my inactive accounts only get the 15% non-member coupons. I think only one time several years ago did I receive mailed coupons at my home.

Originally Posted by haroldS
B&N must have some software program indicating when coupons shouldn't be issued to individual members.
I think you may be on to something there. It sure is one strange system they try to maintain.

Scorched earth method:

If your membership is about to expire then the best way I know is to let it and re-sign with a brand new e-mail address (you get a new account number and card). If you have an alternate mailing-billing address with a different CC and phone number you have a chance at getting back in both lists.
I do this every time, twice a year! It seems they are now 'wise' to me, not sending e-coupons to either of my last two accounts. I always use a new e-mail, credit card, and fake phone number, but my address remains unchanged (for obvious reasons).
Old 11-04-15, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I haven't received e-coupons on an active account in over a year. BFD, since my inactive accounts only get the 15% non-member coupons. I think only one time several years ago did I receive mailed coupons at my home.

I think you may be on to something there. It sure is one strange system they try to maintain.

I do this every time, twice a year! It seems they are now 'wise' to me, not sending e-coupons to either of my last two accounts. I always use a new e-mail, credit card, and fake phone number, but my address remains unchanged (for obvious reasons).
What you should do is sign up a bunch of email addresses using the gmail dot trick. Then when you see which gmail accounts get coupons switch over your account to one of those addresses. BTW, you can use more than one dot if you need more email addresses.
Old 11-05-15, 07:05 AM

Like last time I'm hoping that the codes will be reusable. If someone will post or PM their used 20% code, I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 11-05-15, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Just got a 15% off coupon through my e-mail but it expires on the 8th before the Criterion Sale! Ugh, I just wanted to pick up Mulholland Drive.
Old 11-05-15, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
Just got a 15% off coupon through my e-mail but it expires on the 8th before the Criterion Sale! Ugh, I just wanted to pick up Mulholland Drive.
We'll most likely get another in two weeks in plenty of time for the CC sale.
Old 11-05-15, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am shut of of e-coupons on my current, active account. I'd very much appreciate a 20% member coupon for a book on my wishlist. Thank you!
Old 11-05-15, 01:20 PM

15% off:

KPQ54BZNAZXV3
Old 11-05-15, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

15% off:

WQGLB9JETL744
Old 11-05-15, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

First reports still showing that used codes are re-usable online at least so if anyone wants to post their used 20% maybe some folks who don't get them can benefit.

I haven't heard anyone try with the Mailer 20% codes, but if you used one it might be worth checking in online to see if it;s still active. There might be some use for it in the first couple hours of the Criterion Sale for online orders before the official expiration minute.

My 20% member
Spoiler:
NWTLXEVG3A5EL

a Couple 15% universals -- I don't think these have been used at all (yet)
Spoiler:
SDTA9CXUEAW3F
G6UCY9FNUFMD4
QKRUD3P4UEY74
DKZSTL74TMQWX
HUSFXUR1Y6Q9T

A couple more confirmations of them working other accounts would be useful. Reports if they don't work for eligible maybe even more so
I just tested out the 20% code online and it works. You used it right? I wonder if the other glitch is still in effect, the one where they took off 20% even after the code I put into the system expired.
Old 11-05-15, 06:22 PM

It seems that %-off coupons no longer stack with B2G1 promotions (such as the current DC & Marvel graphic novel sale).

$5 off $50+ did work for me though.
Old 11-05-15, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by woodlands1
It seems that %-off coupons no longer stack with B2G1 promotions (such as the current DC & Marvel graphic novel sale).
They were rarely filling those orders in past years from my experience. I am pretty sure that Barnes & Noble has someone manually check orders over a certain dollar amount before getting shipped out.

It's probably for the better as temptation would often get the better of me.
Old 11-06-15, 01:03 AM

I regularly (3-4 times a year) get snail mail coupon folios as a Member...but for the longest time, I couldn't get the emails! It took 3 different accounts being registered to get them...and then they suddenly started appearing in all three.

My mom loves the Holiday Spice tins of tea that BN sells, they usually have a coupon for beverages and/or teas/coffees in the mailers this time of year. If anyone could spare some, let me know.
Old 11-06-15, 05:52 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by woodlands1

$5 off $50+ did work for me though.
Seriously?!? Damn, that sux, I was planning on doing just that with the graphic novel sale =/
Old 11-06-15, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a way to print out a temporary membership card for new members until the real one arrives in the mail? In previous years I used a trial membership and was able to do that but I just signed up for an actual membership and don't see the option to print one out. If not what information will I need to use the membership in store for the Criterion sale?
Old 11-06-15, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Is there a way to print out a temporary membership card for new members until the real one arrives in the mail? In previous years I used a trial membership and was able to do that but I just signed up for an actual membership and don't see the option to print one out. If not what information will I need to use the membership in store for the Criterion sale?
All you need is the phone number you used when you signed up.
Old 11-06-15, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
All you need is the phone number you used when you signed up.
Oh great, thanks!
Old 11-07-15, 02:48 PM

Anyone have an extra 20% in store coupon they don't want to use this weekend? trying to get a specific vinyl.
Old 11-07-15, 11:47 PM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Can confirm 20% off code can be re-used. Placed about 4 orders in the past few hours. When is it supposed to expire?
Old 11-08-15, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

20% Off - GBTC1QBUEUM77
15% Off - Z9VMMUVXQADT7
15% Off - 97DX3UGTGEJKU
15% Off - 4VBK9PXTXRM8F
15% Off - 3STARRBDEY3F7

Please post when used.
Thanks!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.