Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-15, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

15% off:

QGAFQCC7FY65A
Old 10-22-15, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Was that the 20% Email or the USPS coupon?
It was a 20% email from the last round that I used multiple times. I didn't even try to reuse the last snail I received.
Old 10-22-15, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Damn. No 20% coupon on my active account, but plenty of 15% coupons on old, inactive accounts.
Old 10-22-15, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

All right, who needs or wants a 20% member coupon? Have no interest in buying anything at BN for the moment, so you're free to have it. Could you specify store or online coupon?

First PM (from an established member) gets it.

Edit--20% coupon gone.

Last edited by sleepyhead55; 10-22-15 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-22-15, 11:07 PM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

I'll gladly take any 20% off coupons available.
Old 10-22-15, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Lipid
I'll gladly take any 20% off coupons available.
Sent. Check your pm. Happy shopping!
Old 10-23-15, 06:00 AM

hi! i'm looking to buy some TV shows on DVDs this weekend. if you have a couple of coupon codes to spare, please send them my way! as always, thank you very much for your generosity.
Old 10-23-15, 07:15 AM

@pathman - the Columbus Day 20% code was different from the coupon codes that come by e-mail and by snail mail. BN only allows the e-mail/snail mail coupons to be used one time, then they're somehow flagged to indicate they've been used. Generic codes like the BNFAMILY20 from Columbus Day can be used multiple times. They're much more rare, and I've learned to use them while I can. These generic coupons look different from the one-time-use coupons, either spelling a word or shorter. (One exception to this was back in the day when you could use a snail mail coupon at the store and there was a window before it was flagged as used, and you could use it online. The last time I tried that, it didn't work, so the window is either closed or a lot shorter.)
Old 10-23-15, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by DoverMath
@pathman - the Columbus Day 20% code was different from the coupon codes that come by e-mail and by snail mail. BN only allows the e-mail/snail mail coupons to be used one time, then they're somehow flagged to indicate they've been used. Generic codes like the BNFAMILY20 from Columbus Day can be used multiple times. They're much more rare, and I've learned to use them while I can. These generic coupons look different from the one-time-use coupons, either spelling a word or shorter. (One exception to this was back in the day when you could use a snail mail coupon at the store and there was a window before it was flagged as used, and you could use it online. The last time I tried that, it didn't work, so the window is either closed or a lot shorter.)
It was a long individual code that I used, not a generic.
Old 10-23-15, 01:33 PM

Just used the $5 off $15 CD coupon and it took the $5 off the list price and not the online sale price. Wonder if they've changed these member coupons up.
Old 10-25-15, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The newest One Time use 15 and 20% may not be one time use. Anyone who wants to re-try used codes may get a pleasant surprise and find those aren't coming up as used so they seem to be functioning as multi-use generic for now.
Any confirmation of this? If so, could a kind soul share a 20% member coupon with me? Thanks very much.
Old 10-25-15, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Several folks have gotten multiple discounts with a single code

Here's my 20%....
hariseldon -

As always, your help here and on Blu-ray.com is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-25-15, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The OCT and DEC 5/50 and 8/40 seem to working like they always did.
One more question...can't find the link for these. The OP still has the membership welcome coupons that expired on 8/23. Thanks again!
Old 10-25-15, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Until LaserMovies returns the OP is in limbo for now.

I summarized the lists as best as I could in this post though the October coupons are about to expire. At least it appears there are a set to run through the Holiday/BF/Xmas sales

BN Coupons
Thanks again. I didn't realize LASER was on hiatus.
Old 10-25-15, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Update: 'Used' coupons were rejected in-store like a weak jump shot, but went through without a hitch online.

Rant: I still marvel at the antiquated pricing policy of this chain. I went to get the brand new BTTF 30th Anniversary DigiBook. I figured it's still release week, it'll probably have a discount sticker in-store. Nope. Item rang up at $50, full MSRP. However, online the item is discounted 28%. Insane. I can understand maybe having a lesser discount in-store, but zero discount on a big title like that on release week? Couple that with their outright refusal to price match their own company's website, and you have to wonder how much longer they'll be around.
Old 10-25-15, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

40% sales aren't too far away with the Holiday coupons so just keeping my list. Sell one book or Blu-ray for $5 profit vs 10-20 for $0.25 each -- B&N customers don't seem to be quite as price sensitive on some stores and seem more convenience shoppers.
Yes, it's definitely a 'gift' destination. People will buy there to satisfy gift requirements for birthdays and holidays. Lots of people shopping the toy aisles, I noticed.

Still, they heavily discount new release books by 30%. You'd think they could at least discount the Top 10 new release DVD/BD titles to generate a little interest in the back of the store. Really, 90% of the traffic at the media registers seems to be shoppers trying to avoid the longer lines at the front registers.
Old 10-25-15, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Meant to ask -- did it come back already used or just invalid?
Already used on both.
Old 10-26-15, 04:30 PM

hariseldon, you mentioned that laser movies had left this forum. i hope you don't leave this forum anytime soon. both of you have been great in saving us so much money ever since i joined this forum. thank you so much for everything!
Old 10-26-15, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

would love a coupon if you still have some.
Old 10-26-15, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

B&N customers don't seem to be quite as price sensitive on some stores and seem more convenience shoppers
To be honest, I don't think half the people stuff there (the BN I frequent) are even aware of coupons. Mostly, they just accept the shitty pricing and buy the media products because BN is one of the few that sells them.
Old 10-27-15, 04:56 AM
Cool New Member

I was curious as to what happened to the regular B&N coupons such as $5off50 and $8off40? I see them on the first page but they are all expired. I'm prepping for the Criterion sale in November and wanted to use some of those coupons. If you have any information, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 10-28-15, 03:17 AM
Cool New Member

Post 11472 or I re-linked it a few posts above in 11512
Thanks SO much hariseldon! You are the best!!
Old 11-02-15, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

And as announced by member Namuhana, but totally unadvertised the Gift Card promotion started last Tuesday. Promotion banner now on the site and rules look just like last year though it ends earlier. It states that this is a one time per customer offer in store though that doesn't seem to part of the actual promotion unless things work differently than before.

"Barnes & Noble Gift Card Holiday Promo 2015

Terms & Conditions:

These promotions are valid from the dates set forth below.

Barnes & Noble Retail Stores: Earn a Free $10.00 Promotional Barnes & Noble Gift Card with purchase of $75.00 worth of Barnes & Noble Gift Cards in a single transaction. This offer is valid only on purchases of Gift Cards totaling $75.00 only at Barnes & Noble stores. The value of your Gift Card purchase must total at least $75.00 to qualify for the $10.00 promotional Barnes & Noble Gift Card. Sales tax, gift wrap, processing charges, or any additional charges will not count towards the qualifying $75.00 Gift Card purchase amount. This promotion starts on October 27, 2015 and expires November 22, 2015 at close of business. This offer can be redeemed only once per customer. You will receive the $10.00 promotional Barnes & Noble Gift Card after making your purchase. The $10.00 promotional Gift Card is valid beginning December 26, 2015.

Additional Rules Governing this Promotion: This promotion is (i) not redeemable for cash; (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) may not be combined with any other promotion; and (iv) not valid at any Barnes & Noble College bookstore or website, or the Barnes & Noble.com website.

Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Returns or cancellations of qualifying Barnes & Noble Gift Cards may result in forfeiture of the $10.00 Promotional Barnes & Noble Gift Card. Void where prohibited by law.

BN.com: Earn a Free $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card with purchase of $75.00 worth of Barnes & Noble Gift Cards or Barnes & Noble eGift Cards at Barnes & Noble.com. This offer is valid only on purchases of Barnes & Noble Gift Cards and eGift Cards totaling $75.00 in a single transaction only at Barnes & Noble.com. This offer is also valid on purchases of customized Barnes & Noble Gift Cards totaling $75.00 in a single transaction initiated through links on Barnes & Noble.com and processed and fulfilled by Cardways.com. The value of your qualifying Gift Card and eGift Card purchase must total at least $75.00 to qualify for the $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card. Sales tax, gift wrap, processing charges, shipping and handling charges, or any additional charges will not count towards the qualifying purchase amount of $75.00. This offer can be redeemed only once per customer. Your purchase must be made between October 27, 2015 and November 23, 2015 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time to qualify for this offer. The $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card will be delivered via email to you on December 26, 2015 to the email address associated with your $75.00 BN.com Gift Card / eGift Card purchase on Barnes & Noble.com.

Additional Rules Governing this Promotion: This promotion is (i) not redeemable for cash; (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) may not be combined with any other promotion; and (iv) not valid at any Barnes & Noble retail bookstore or Barnes & Noble College bookstore or website.

Barnes & Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Returns or cancellations of qualifying Barnes & Noble Gift Cards or eGift Cards may result in forfeiture of the $10.00 Promotional Barnes & Noble eGift Card. Void where prohibited by law. "
Old 11-02-15, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I was informed by a kind B&N employee that the November 50% off Criterion sale starts on November 11th and runs until the 30th. I guess we will see then.
Old 11-02-15, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Most likely on the 10th, but next week seems to be the reported date.
The 10th seems likely, although that first weekend will be 'off-cycle' for member coupons.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.