Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-15, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
They still exist.

Check the post just above yours and the first page for current coupons that do not require a membership.
Thanks for the info. I haven't received an email from them for quite a while now and assumed they had stopped non-member coupons. I prefer to buy from their local B&M store, so I resigned up for their emails and will hopefully start getting coupons again. =-)

Thanks again!
Old 05-05-15, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Smorri
Thanks for the info. I haven't received an email from them for quite a while now and assumed they had stopped non-member coupons.

Thanks again!
The semi weekly coupons are still getting sent out by email. We recently had the usual 15% coupons just last week. Sounds like maybe you got booted off the email list by B&N. May have to sign up with a different email, or can ask in the coupon thread for any extra coupons forum members have available to share.
Old 05-05-15, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has become a serious problem for me at. B&N. They did the same thing to me last year and now doing it again. I have not received the last two coupon cycles and I am a member. Last year after complaining twice and receiving a knowable telephone representative the problem was corrected but I no longer received the mailed store coupons. Member or no member and a good price or not, I will no longer take this poor customer service and will take my business elsewhere. I hope b&n reads this forum and takes takes action on these complaints.
Old 05-05-15, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Does anyone know either/both how long the "$9.99 CDs" sale has been on, or when it'll end? I can't find th information box anywhere...
Old 05-06-15, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by haroldS
This has become a serious problem for me at. B&N. They did the same thing to me last year and now doing it again. I have not received the last two coupon cycles and I am a member. Last year after complaining twice and receiving a knowable telephone representative the problem was corrected but I no longer received the mailed store coupons. Member or no member and a good price or not, I will no longer take this poor customer service and will take my business elsewhere. I hope b&n reads this forum and takes takes action on these complaints.
Depending on who your email provider is, they may be the one to blame. I admin a large opt in email list for a non profit, & the enterprise (Barracuda, Spam Assassin, etc) filters that smaller isp's use are fubarred beyond belief right now with false positives.
Old 05-06-15, 06:07 AM

I found this forum because I got cut off from coupons suddenly. I had two accounts, my member account and another random account, which got member and non-member coupons before being cut off. BN apparently deletes people from their e-mail list periodically. Once you get purged, you can't get back on, at least I've had no success in several attempts over the past years. You can sign up another account, to get non-member coupons, but I don't think there's any way to get your member e-mail back on the list. YMMV. (I don't understand why BN wants to alienate its best and most loyal customers, but that's how they roll.)

The member card, even without the e-mailed coupons, is still the best deal I have found. Free shipping on any order + one item and one coupon per order + online price beats any other retailer. (You have to save enough to pay for the member card in your savings, of course. And they did send me a gift card last holiday season, which helped since it's effectively a refund on the member card price.)

Buying things in the store is not a good deal, because everything is sold at full list price. List prices have gone up considerably over the past few years to "price in" the 20-40% online discount people expect. Even with a coupon, buying in the store usually (but not always) means you're overpaying. I do not understand why BN doesn't make their store prices more competitive, since it's obvious that prices have gone up to "price in" the expected discount. (With the exception that every now and then, an item online won't have much of a discount from list price. If this item is in the store, you might come out ahead to use the 10% member discount and a coupon. I have done this once or twice, but it's rare.)
Old 05-08-15, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of what I buy in-store are books, though I do look for movies and tv and will sometimes find deals, or instances where B&N is about the same as everyone else and I have a gc for them.

As for the books, mass market paperbacks for $7.99-$9.99 often have little to no discount on-line, so the 15% is good enough. Especially with the ability to inspect before buying (some of those books can take a real beating during shipping).

To a lesser extent the same can be true of larger paperbacks (where 15% is often about the same as the online discount), and occasionally even hc's (which I try to pre-order, but every so often really do want to read on release day).
Old 05-08-15, 07:56 AM
Cool New Member

no coupons this weekend?
Old 05-08-15, 03:12 PM
Cool New Member

I do 100% of my shopping in store
Old 05-09-15, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't use any codes this time as I won't have any spare funds until Monday (but will have some then). I wish the coupons lasted until Monday, maybe noon, or sometime like 6pm would be nice (I understand how they want them expiring before Tuesday). I think that they used to do that, but it's been a while, so if they did then it obviously stopped.
Old 05-10-15, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
They still have some coupons that last through Monday though Sunday is std for most sets now. The extended coupons seem to be mostly on holiday weekends so I'm assuming the next set will probably be for Memorial Day
Thanks for the info. The Holidays-only makes sense, though I wish it were more often. Ah well, generally I can make it work.

I've no idea about upcoming sales though, sorry.
Old 05-14-15, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry been a little distracted lately with a death in the family. Missed a few coupons.

Here is a new coupon that expires later tonight.

Save $5 on a $50 or more order online with coupon BNMAY514
Expires 5/15 at 2:59am Eastern
Old 05-15-15, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sorry for your loss...
I keep forgetting to use the coupons they've been emailing. But I did just use the WELCOME15 code. I'm sure we'll get more coupons soon, especially with Memorial Day coming up.
Old 05-16-15, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My sympathies for your loss Laser, and no problem at all in regards to the coupons. Nothing that I need to buy is that important, so please handle whatever you need, in whatever way that you need. I'm just sorry that I can't give back to you in return. Take care.
Old 05-18-15, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Some more new coupons. First one is active but the next 2 should go live tomorrow night. Also added a new 15% online coupon WELCOME3 to the first page.

Save $5 on a $50 or more order online with coupon BNGRAD15
Expires 5/19 at 2:59am ET

Save $5 on a $50 or more order online with coupon BNAPP20
Expires 5/21 at 2:59am ET

Save $10 on a $75 or more order online with coupon BNAPP19
Expires 5/21 at 2:59am ET
Old 05-20-15, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received new snail mail coupons yesterday for 20% off... Perhaps I'll remember to use them this time. I let my previous ones expire. DOH!
Old 05-21-15, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

15% off:

6GT5N45DB4633
Old 05-23-15, 12:52 PM
Cool New Member

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend... Weather's doom and gloom from where I sit. Looking for 4-5 coupons if spares.
Old 05-23-15, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ModernSlave
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend... Weather's doom and gloom from where I sit. Looking for 4-5 coupons if spares.
Sent!
Old 05-23-15, 01:47 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
Sent!
Thx!
Old 05-23-15, 07:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

..i could use one if you have any left...thanks..
Old 05-24-15, 05:42 AM

hello! i am hoping to get 3 or 4 coupons codes if you have some extras to give away. thank you!
Old 05-24-15, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by goodwin
hello! i am hoping to get 3 or 4 coupons codes if you have some extras to give away. thank you!
PM sent!
Old 05-27-15, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A couple of new online coupons. Also there is a new 15% off online coupon added to the first page.

Save $10 off your entire order when making a purchase of $75 or more with coupon BNMAY75
Expires 5/29 at 2:59am ET

Save $10 off your entire order when making a purchase of $75 or more with coupon BNMAY28
Expires 5/29 at 2:59am ET (Goes live at midnight)
Old 06-02-15, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New online coupon valid for all customers.

Save $5 on a $50 or more order online with coupon BNSUMMER5
Expires 6/4 at 2:59am ET

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.