Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-15, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Wow, that could be a great sale, if they have coupons which overlap...
I'm surprised to see this sale coming right behind the current b1g1 50% off sale.
Old 01-28-15, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Even better if there is a 50% Kids Movie sale Presidents Day weekend this year and allow the BOGO -- surely no way that will happen, but I guess it's nice to think about.

I'm going to guess the BOGO will be selected items and not a whole inventory sale though again, here's to hoping
Even if it is everything, if it's online only I'm sure exceptions will be inevitable...
Old 01-29-15, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
The next store coupons should arrive this Thursday. You may need to try to get the store to hold that book a little longer if possible until then.
Thanks again. I got my coupon today and B&N extended the hold on my book over the phone so I am good to go. Thanks again for the info!
Old 01-30-15, 03:25 PM
Banned

Thanks for the 20% off coupons & for letting us know that more 15% are available. I got an email about another in-store coupon, but it looked as though it could be used online, too. Didn't check it...might have been the one Laser posted that expires 3/1.

Funny thing I did the other night. I used the one that expired 12/29 (twice) & then misread the expiration date & used the other one (again, twice). Then I realized that the last two items were B1G1 & that that deal actually would make the items a few bucks cheaper without the coupons, so I canceled those two orders & combined into one order. Of course, that meant that the codes were no longer useable. Pays to slow down and read carefully!

Hopefully, I can find a few other B1G1 CDs or BDs that I can combine with 15% codes to save a few bucks with my free shipping membership.
Old 01-31-15, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another 20% off online code valid for all customers!

J4P7D9K expires 3/1 at 2:59am ET
That's the one that they gave me a few weeks back, that I was going to post, but then there was another 20% off coupon posted, and then I couldn't find anything to buy from their website to try it out despite hours of searching several different times. Which I've felt guilty about. Sorry to everyone.

I guess the moral is that if I ever get a similar coupon in the future then I won't even try using it myself before posting it.
Old 02-02-15, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry it doesn't appear any new 20% online coupon codes for this week. However a 15% online code is due to go live in a few more days.

Next regular online/store coupons should arrive February 12th.

B1G1F sale should start tonight. Here are the details again that were posted on the previous page in case anyone missed it.
DVDs & Blu-ray: Buy 1, Get the 2nd FREE

This offer is valid at BN.com from February 3, 2015 at 12:01am to March 9, 2015 at 11:59pm Eastern time and at Barnes & Noble stores from February 3, 2015 to March 9, 2015 at close of business, while supplies last.

When you purchase one (1) qualifying DVD or Blu-ray from our "DVDs & Blu-ray: Buy 1, Get the 2nd FREE" promotion, you will get a second qualifying DVD or Blu-ray of equal or lesser value for FREE! Simply look for the "DVDs & Blu-ray: Buy 1, Get the 2nd FREE" message icon or sticker to identify eligible items. NOTE: Qualifying items may differ online and in stores. Limit of 3 discounted items per customer.

In order to take advantage of this offer online, you must place both qualifying DVDs or Blu-rays in your BN.com Shopping Bag and purchase the items as part of the same transaction. Your credit will appear at Checkout. At stores, you must bring both qualifying DVDs or Blu-rays to the register and purchase the items as part of the same transaction. Your credit will be applied at purchase.

Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of any products other than eligible DVDs or Blu-rays; (iv) not valid on products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts"; (v) not valid on applicable sales tax, or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); (vii) may not be combined with any coupon or discount promotion; and (viii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. Returns or cancellations may result in forfeiture of discounts applied at the time an order is placed and you will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit card or debit your Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 02-03-15, 10:56 AM

I mentioned on another forum that I asked about the B1G1F when I was in the store last night. My guy said "They'll be over there," indicating one of the small sale display tables. Not a lot online, either. And so, we wait...

Unrelated to blu-ray, he told me that "show" CDs will be 40% off beginning 2/17. He told me that when I was about to buy some movie soundtrack CDs at B1, G1 50% off.
Old 02-03-15, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New 15% off online coupon now live

BNLOVE5

Expires 2/7 at 2:59am ET
Old 02-04-15, 06:13 AM

Reuters reports UPS is going to "begin applying surcharges to deliver residential packages. UPS said it costs three times as much to deliver packages to a home than to a business, which receive more packages in a single stop." Since BN uses UPS, I wonder what the effect will be on the member card free shipping? Right now, free member shipping on any order is the best deal going. No other retailer comes close because you can order one item at a time and use a coupon. The membership pays for itself quickly. My membership has to be renewed at the end of the month, and I just wonder if the free-shipping member deal is going to last another year. No way to know. Contracts like this usually take some time to negotiate, so it may be next year before we know anything. Free member shipping is still listed as a benefit, but so is getting special offers via e-mail.
Old 02-04-15, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I've been a member for a few months, and they've never used UPS, well not regular UPS, I'm pretty sure each time it was UPS Mail Innovations, aka UPS handing it off to the USPS. Meaning so much for 'expedited' shipping.
Old 02-04-15, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by joltman
I've been a member for a few months, and they've never used UPS, well not regular UPS, I'm pretty sure each time it was UPS Mail Innovations, aka UPS handing it off to the USPS. Meaning so much for 'expedited' shipping.
I get mixed results with shipping. Anything that ships from New Jersey seems to come UPS Smart Post. Packages from other warehouses around the country tend to come UPS Ground.
Old 02-05-15, 12:23 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Too bad you can't use these codes on pre-orders...
Old 02-05-15, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kd5
Too bad you can't use these codes on pre-orders...
Oh yeah, that would be nice indeed.
Old 02-06-15, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Is there a 40% off DVD / Blu-ray sale that usually comes around this time of year?
Old 02-08-15, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Two new online coupons are now active.

Save $10 off a $75 or more purchase at B&N.com.

BNLOVE15 expires 2/11 at at 2:59am ET

BNLOVE2015 expires 2/12 at at 2:59am ET

Last edited by Laser Movies; 02-09-15 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-09-15, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

^ I think you meant 2/11 and 2/12.
Old 02-09-15, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
^ I think you meant 2/11 and 2/12.
You're correct. I guess my mind is still stuck in January.
Old 02-10-15, 09:33 PM

I just tried to cancel my free membership and it said that status was updated, but it is not terminated. I think in the past it cancelled right away. Does it take time to update now?
Old 02-11-15, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I just tried to cancel my free membership and it said that status was updated, but it is not terminated. I think in the past it cancelled right away. Does it take time to update now?
I went through the same thing when I tried to cancel my free trial membership near the end of December. I discovered after contacting customer service they have changed the cancel process and your membership will no longer stop immediately. Instead the membership stays active until the last day of the free trial period. It should stop after the trial period elapses and you shouldn't get billed. Unfortunately the changes are a little confusing since it still said your membership will be canceled immediately, and I never received any email confirmation that anything went through.
Old 02-12-15, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to coupons.com

20% off Single item J4P7D9K exp 3/31/2015

I know this was posted earlier but with an expiration of 3/1 -- I'm not sure how to confirm the exact end date. I suspect Post 1 is
correct and coupons.com is wrong, but they have been know to extend some of these coupons codes in the past.
When they sent it to me it definitely expired 3/1, but as you say, maybe they extended it later? For anyone thinking of using it then it's probably best to use it by 3/1 just in case, assuming that they can find something to use it on.
Old 02-12-15, 10:50 AM

One-Time Use 15% Off Coupon (Valid Through Monday, 2/16)

Code: 54C3RPQVS43T7

First come, first use.
Old 02-12-15, 11:40 AM

15% off:

NCQ8EDJW31MQ5
Old 02-12-15, 05:15 PM

According to coupons.com

20% off Single item J4P7D9K exp 3/31/2015

I know this was posted earlier but with an expiration of 3/1 -- I'm not sure how to confirm the exact end date. I suspect Post 1 is
correct and coupons.com is wrong, but they have been know to extend some of these coupons codes in the past.

Thanks dude!!!!

Pumpkins Infinite Sadness 4 LP set for about $63 after my B&N credit card CB, flippin' steal!
Old 02-12-15, 10:24 PM

I went through the same thing when I tried to cancel my free trial membership near the end of December. I discovered after contacting customer service they have changed the cancel process and your membership will no longer stop immediately. Instead the membership stays active until the last day of the free trial period. It should stop after the trial period elapses and you shouldn't get billed. Unfortunately the changes are a little confusing since it still said your membership will be canceled immediately, and I never received any email confirmation that anything went through.
Thanks. I could not find anywhere that said it would terminate on the ending date and NOT renew. Everytime I went in to manage it, it still gave me the "cancel" button. Anyway, I did call and verify that they saw it on their end as cancelled (Your post was a relief, but I still wanted to make sure they saw it cancelled on their end. Thanks).
Old 02-12-15, 10:46 PM

15% off:

CSJR9T8W2TT7F

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.